Immigration boss confirms the Out-In visa run is dead

• Replies 716
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The black list threat seems pretty horrible if it's just based on their "opinion" about a person. I can see that in case of an arrest and evidence proven. Imagine if it happened to you and it wasn't true especially if you are settled with lots of property here. This kind of hard core tactic should be really troubling to ALL foreigners here, no matter how totally legit you think you are. You might think this isn't about you, but to immigration you're just another SUSPECT, and don't forget that.

---------------

Blacklisting and forever banning some of the out-and-out criminals can only be a good thing.

I see several people bleating about being "respectable", owning property, etc -- If they are such pillars of society they will have no problem in getting a triple-entry tourist visa from their home country, which can be made valid for over a year using the immigration office in Thailand to get the extensions, etc.

But what happens if u r respectable, owning property etc., with a triple entry tourist Visa, which I use, to come every Winter? If they now start asking questions on re-entry at the border and u tell the truth about staying at property u own or rent with your 'girlfriend', or even renting a property alone, can they legitimately say: "Well that means u r not a tourist then", and refuse re-entry. Is it legal for a 'tourist' to rent a property in Thailand.? Are we, to be safe, going to have to be dishonest and give a false itinery or hotel address?

Tourists can rent villas or apartments for sure, which is actually better for you. You can have the owner provide you a receipt or letter for your rental paid, the duration etc. flight tickets in and out. Problem will be your first comment…..if you own a property then they will want to know how and see the deeds. Lets just hope you didn't buy it through a shell company with nominee thai share holders…..because thats illegal now too and you risk losing the property to the state.

With respect, on what authority can you say "for sure"?.... least of all in Thailand where nothing is for sure.

I dont own, I rent.

• Like 1

If you look closely, you'll find out that those workers in the industry are NOT Thai. And they have never paid tax.

Excuse me? The vast majority of people working in hotels are Thai nationals and I am pretty sure the large International hotels in say BKK do pay taxes. It might be the small, Thai-owned hotels that avoid taxes.

As for not earning much: my girlfriend works in the hospitality industry and I can assure you she makes a ver decent living.

Its their own business really.

The whole situation surrounding border run shows are created by thai and Thai only.

Bending rules are a daily routine in thailand and I sincerely hope that this time the rules are clear and without loopholes.

Why now?

The Frankfurt Airport refusel of entry ,is my opinion!

The bottom line is immigration are tightening things up and it really is about time. They are putting an end to people abusing the system. If you have a valid reason to be here you will have the correct visa. People who dont meet the criteria for visas have no valid reason - this is very common throughout the world.

A valid reason????? Is being retired and living in Thailand considered a valid reason???

Personally im an offshore worker I work 28days on/off rotation. On my off time I live with my gf & child(Thai) in a rented property. I have always been coming in on the 30 non visa entry. As I don't see what I do as a "visa run" because im out of the country every 2nd month. I'm wondering how this will effect me & the many more like me who have been doing this for years... as i dont work in the country ok i dont pay tax but I spend a considerable amount of money in the country(again like many in my situation) thus building the economy. Will I need to get a visa & if so what kind of visa does some1 get in my current situation?? Any help is much appreciated. Thanks

I am also in the same boat and would be interested to know the outcome. I fly back tomorrow and hoping they let me in sad.png

Will look into getting the family visa this time around too.

Its actually quite worrying the thought of getting turned away, im not back for another 3 weeks & your probably the same with ticketing as my company will get me a 1 way & i get my return the week before i fly back to the ship. This will probably be my 1st problem on re entry... What is the best option for a visa? is getting married an option to fast track a visa? its not ideal & wouldnt be my 1st choice... how does the family visa work? do i need to be marriede for this? Thanks for any advice.

Hi Chris, yes you have to be married. I did have one a few years back, but this changed once I got a work permit, now I work out of Thailand I will look into getting another. I am lucky with my tickets I can change if needed and also have a return date. As some people have stated in this thread....it maybe a case by case issue with immigration, those like us who have a family and property here I am hoping will be let in....I will soon find out tomorrow.

Hopefully some of the visa experts on here can shed more light?

• Like 1

Personally im an offshore worker I work 28days on/off rotation. On my off time I live with my gf & child(Thai) in a rented property. I have always been coming in on the 30 non visa entry. As I don't see what I do as a "visa run" because im out of the country every 2nd month. I'm wondering how this will effect me & the many more like me who have been doing this for years... as i dont work in the country ok i dont pay tax but I spend a considerable amount of money in the country(again like many in my situation) thus building the economy. Will I need to get a visa & if so what kind of visa does some1 get in my current situation?? Any help is much appreciated. Thanks

I am also in the same boat and would be interested to know the outcome. I fly back tomorrow and hoping they let me in sad.png

Its actually quite worrying the thought of getting turned away, im not back for another 3 weeks & your probably the same with ticketing as my company will get me a 1 way & i get my return the week before i fly back to the ship. This will probably be my 1st problem on re entry... What is the best option for a visa? is getting married an option to fast track a visa? its not ideal & wouldnt be my 1st choice... how does the family visa work? do i need to be marriede for this? Thanks for any advice.

As far as I understand it, enforcement of the rules at airports is only going to commence in August, so one assumes your coming through swampy, not a land border, so one suspects you will be ok in 3 weeks time.

a thai database of stolen passports in thailand would have done the job, easy and cheap.

Is really incredible somebody can fly with a stolen passport.

You are commenting about Thailand so where is the basis for suggesting common sense and rational thought procedures?

Edited by aguy30

One more reason that my next stay in 6 weeks will be my last stay.

Selling off my household goods and the scooter, the rental contract is already cancelled...

Why?

As too young for a retirement visa but living close to 6 month a year in Thailand I don't have a tourists plan which would be sufficient for the immigration. And with only some goods owned it's better to sell off now than to try it from abroad.

Bye,

Derk

Studying Thai, while having a visa based on that is not a loophole.

In the same way that retiring in Thailand and getting a visa based on that isn't, or getting a job in Thailand (God forbid. biggrin.png ) and getting a visa based on that isn't a loophole.

Seems there's a lot of people hating on a rich, successful person making money with their business here.

Probably because they haven't the ability to. coffee1.gif

For a Person to get an ED Visa in Thailand requires 4 hours per week of study. For a Thai to get an ED Visa in USA requires 18 hours per week of classroom study

I believe a student in the US is also permitted to work the rest of the time with no restriction on the type of work he can do as long as it is legal.

Edited by harrry

The black list threat seems pretty horrible if it's just based on their "opinion" about a person. I can see that in case of an arrest and evidence proven. Imagine if it happened to you and it wasn't true especially if you are settled with lots of property here. This kind of hard core tactic should be really troubling to ALL foreigners here, no matter how totally legit you think you are. You might think this isn't about you, but to immigration you're just another SUSPECT, and don't forget that.

more worrying is if you fall foul of some twisted beeatch who runs to immigration telling tales of things that arnt true (or might be). as a senario, ive dumped my g/f as she showed up on facebook lying across the bed.......it wasnt my bed. what if she gets twisted and runs to immigration saying i fixed a mates bike for him? or even some farang 'grass' who decides he doesnt like you because you have a loud bike?

im concerned.

.....but i havnt got a loud bike.

Leave now before you have a nervious breakdown.

Another confusing article - many references to tourist visas rather than visa exempt arrivals. Are they now saying that even on a double entry tourist visa you are not allowed to do an 'in-out'?

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

No he didn't, read the line where it says 15 or 30 days entry.

Hi Chris, yes you have to be married. I did have one a few years back, but this changed once I got a work permit, now I work out of Thailand I will look into getting another. I am lucky with my tickets I can change if needed and also have a return date. As some people have stated in this thread....it maybe a case by case issue with immigration, those like us who have a family and property here I am hoping will be let in....I will soon find out tomorrow.

If I am reading your post right, you have a Thai work permit and based out of Thailand ?....then you have no problem...correct me if I am wrong

As much as I agree with the move for immigration reform, is it wise now to do this when the tourist industry is crippled from the months of political instability in Bangkok? Hundreds of thousands of people from all over the world are canceling their holidays, do they really want to run off the people who are left in this country spending money?

Let hear the voice of a native, won't you?

First thing first, please feel free to leave, to cancel holidays, to whatever you would do for your own good.

Personally, I don't care about tourist industry, I don't care about tourists at all. And not just me, but a large amount of Thai people don't care about you people stay or leave.

Not many people, who are native Thai in so-call tourist industry get money.

If you look closely, you'll find out that those workers in the industry are NOT Thai. And they have never paid tax.

So, feel free to leave anytime. Nothing will effect our income.

Im sure you are not an economist and probably the way you think cames from a low instruction path.

In 2013 there were more than 26 million tourist letting at least 75 million thai people live and keep working in tourist visa business.

Let me tell you that 75 million people needs range and are connected to all the people in thailand.

If suddenly you will loose 26 milion turistss (really not possible) you will be surprised of how fast a civil war will spread up to thai borders.

Edited by lavezzi
  • Like 1

All very confusing. "In and out", yes but what time-limit? I give an example, I am planning a 6-7 week holiday in November. There is a good chance I would not stay all the time in the Kingdom. My plan is after 2 weeks, to do a tour in Burma/Myanmar, for 6 days. Then go back less then 30 days to Thailand. Could that already put me in "trouble"?

If I just apply for a tourist-visa and stay in the Kingdom all the time, that would be no problem.

Just explain all that when you apply for your double entry tourist visa in the Thai embassy/consulate in your country. smile.png

A Single entry Tourist Visa is appropriate for that itinerary, as you get permission for 30 days on your return.

If he wants to leave Thailand and come back after a week or so -- he needs a double entry

No he wouldnt because he can use one visa exempt entry (allowed) and one single tourist visa..

------------

I take your point, but I believe the Permit-to-Stay given on entry will depend on a travel plan, tickets and funding, which might fall foul of the "plan" to get a visa in an adjoining country - which may or may not be granted..

Well here, you not agree already. I done this, last year, first a week in Thailand, 5 days in Philippines, then back to Thailand, leaving then before next 30 days were over. No problem at all.

So why should it be a problem now? If I remember well, in and outs, keeping the 30 days stay without visa, as long as the total days not exceed a certain amount per year.

EDIT : This confirms my way of thinking :

Furthermore, foreigners who enter the Kingdom under this Tourist Visa Exemption Scheme may re-enter and stay

in Thailand for a cumulative duration of stay of not exceeding 90 days within any 6-month period from the date of

first entry. - See more at: http://www2.thaiembassy.be/consular-services/qa/#sthash.xAQNOzqo.dpuf

Edited by indieke

As much as I agree with the move for immigration reform, is it wise now to do this when the tourist industry is crippled from the months of political instability in Bangkok? Hundreds of thousands of people from all over the world are canceling their holidays, do they really want to run off the people who are left in this country spending money?

Let hear the voice of a native, won't you?

First thing first, please feel free to leave, to cancel holidays, to whatever you would do for your own good.

Personally, I don't care about tourist industry, I don't care about tourists at all. And not just me, but a large amount of Thai people don't care about you people stay or leave.

Not many people, who are native Thai in so-call tourist industry get money.

So, feel free to leave anytime. Nothing will effect our income.

Im sure you are not an economist and probably the way you think cames from a low instruction path.

In 2013 there were more than 26 million tourist letting at least 75 million thai people live and keep working in tourist visa business.

Let me tell you that 75 million people needs range and are connected to all the people in thailand.

If suddenly you will loose 26 milion turistss (really not possible) you will be surprised of how fast a civil war will spread up to thai borders.

One assumes you quoting TAT with these numbers...rolleyes.gif

Surely the countries that have a bi-lateral arrangement for visa free entry will be unaffected and will continue to be allowed unlimited 30-day entry?

Nothing in the bi-later agreements (spirit or letter) hints at that and in fact someone from immigration made clear they will be targeting Koreans that enjoy 90 days visa exempt.

Edited by paz

The ticketing can be probably worked around with some cooperation from the HR dept but its just the uncertainty. We could maybe continue doing this for another year or 2 without any problems but it may just take 1 immigration officer having a bad day to make trouble for us & start asking questions etc... If you can please mail me & let me know how it goes for you & if you have any info when you go for your visa it would be greatly appreciated, thanks!

It would be great for some of the visa experts to shed some light on the matter for us... Thnaks in advance guys :)

• Like 2

SP....sorry for the confusion. I use to have a WP when I was based in our BKK office, I no longer have one as I am on rotation work from another district. When I got my WP I had to relinquish my married visa (not sure why?)..So ever since I been coming in a on a tourist visa every 40 days or so..

The out -in clampdown does not apply to airports until August 14. Even then I would be surprised if there is any problem whatever. You are arriving in Thailand for a legitimate 28 day vacation - period, end of story. The most they can ask for is is your plans, funds and accommodation. It might be wise to carry 20, 000 baht or equivalent and a letter from your landlord, confirming your accommodation in Thailand.

• Like 1

Border-run businesses and mini-bus drivers soon out of work?

Tough s&%#t. They are aiding and abetting an illegal immigration practice and are lucky not to be prosecuted (they probably would be elsewhere).

Laughable BS. There is nothing illegal with minibus companies. Get off you pedestal, leave the law books that you can;t even read to someone else, or go back to your country where things (in your hateful opinion) work as you say.

SP....sorry for the confusion. I use to have a WP when I was based in our BKK office, I no longer have one as I am on rotation work from another district. When I got my WP I had to relinquish my married visa (not sure why?)..So ever since I been coming in a on a tourist visa every 40 days or so..

Sounds like you were sold a bad one - no reason you can't have a WP on a non-imm O for marriage visa or extension.

• Like 1