Night time curfew...

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

At least my local familymart (chaweng ring road) was open about 1:30AM today (monday to tuesday).

It was closed since the beginning and reopened.

I don't know about 7/11 and others but seems they were open, at least more open than yesterday..

All Family Mart en route Maenam-Chaweng were open last night (Monday-Tuesday), but most 7-eleven – apart form a few who probably can't find a key – closed.

I really get the impression nothing much has changed here, since this all started....

I have only seen one Policeman on his bike, without a helmet too.... rolleyes.gif ... but then I have not been around Chawang lake! whistling.gif

None of the International News channels have even mentioned anything about Thailand for a couple of days now... that I have seen.... wink.png

• Like 1

I really get the impression nothing much has changed here, since this all started....

I have only seen one Policeman on his bike, without a helmet too.... rolleyes.gif ... but then I have not been around Chawang lake! whistling.gif

None of the International News channels have even mentioned anything about Thailand for a couple of days now... that I have seen.... wink.png

The land that time forgot mate.

Posts removed.

26) Bangkok Post do not allow quotes from their news articles or other material to appear on Thaivisa.com. Neither do they allow links to their publications. Posts from members containing quotes from or links to Bangkok Post publications will be deleted from the forum. Please note that this is a decision by the Bangkok Post, not by Thaivisa.com and any complaints or other issues concerning this rule should be directed to them. Quotes from and links to Phuketwan are also not allowed and will also be removed. In special cases forum Administrators or the news team may use these sources.

Also OFF TOPIC discussion removed. This topic is about the curfew on Samui.

Curfew now from 12.01PM till 4 AM

This post has no relevance to the Koh Samui forum. Please move to the Thailand news forum.

If you do not wish to have the information, change channels. People do travel , unlike some members.

• Like 2

My neighbours who have to travel home "after hours" from their business, said that the police where only stopping a checking Thai's.... farangs are just waved on...

Between Chawang and Maenam anyway!

I still yet to see a policeman for several days now...... wink.png

Perhaps their will be the usually helmet / seat belt check in Maenam tomorrow....??? wink.png

• Like 1

sorry, but the helmet check at Lake roundabout today was not big at all and nothing unusual, not worth mentioning at all and has nothing in common with the curfew .

Well, it was done by the same people who are maintaining the curfew . . .

R

TOT broadband went off at just after 1.00 am. Is this part of the media blackout? Is 3bb down too? Or is it just a normal tot wobble?

TOT Fiber is dead as well. However AIS 3G (my backup) is still working fine. Maybe it's just a TOT problem.

TOT broadband went off at just after 1.00 am. Is this part of the media blackout? Is 3bb down too? Or is it just a normal tot wobble?

TOT Fiber is dead as well. However AIS 3G (my backup) is still working fine. Maybe it's just a TOT problem.

Yep - it's a TOT wobble. I wrote the above with a p-a-i-n-f-u-l-l-y s-l-o-w AIS 3G connection. Then just now I spotted the light on my router all of a flicker again.

The blip lasted about 45 mins.

R

Hopefully this means it's lifted on Phangan as well; I haven't been able to sleep with the sound of thousands of soldiers marching on the streets all night.

Phangan is definitely not on the list which means... well nothing apart from 7/11 closing early.

• Like 1

ThaiPBS reports that the curfew is to be considered lifted in major tourist areas such as Samui and Phuket.

ThaiPBS

(Not sure if link to this site is allowed, if not please remove.)

Posted that in the post above you at 07.39 this morning.laugh.png

Hopefully this means it's lifted on Phangan as well; I haven't been able to sleep with the sound of thousands of soldiers marching on the streets all night.

Phangan is definitely not on the list which means... well nothing apart from 7/11 closing early.

Well I think everyone thinks it must be lifted here too, as I have seen the halfmoon advertising boards been put up around the island today...

Edited by MAGS75

Might as well officially lift the curfew because so far, nobody seemed to have cared anyway. I was out 2 days ago and Ark Bar, Soi Green Mango, Solo Bar, Camp Beer and other places + 7-11 just behind Chaweng Police station was still open at 3AM.

• Like 1