Early nights in Bangkok as coup tames tourist party - Focus

Lite Beer

No early nights at Koh Samui. Business as usual until the mornings . All bars etc stay open until sunrise.

Not sure where you are talking about on Samui.... i have been reliably informed that Lamai Beach resorts and bars are all closed at 10.pm........

and last night electricity cuts had many bars just giving up at 8.pm... again in Lamai...

So you are not actually there, then?

I think that's normal actually - nothing ever happens in Lamai so everyone falls asleep at 10:00 pm.

If your reliable informant would haul himself over to the center of the universe in Chaweng, he would probably not quite know what had hit him.

I'm reliably informed that yesterday a whole regiment of soldiers and military brass arrived on Samui by ferry to make sure that news of the curfew had travelled this far south.

But after having spent 20 minutes haggling with the taxi drivers who illegally refuse to use their meters, they all went back to the mainland on the next ferry because they didn't have enough money in their military budget to be able to afford the cost of taxis on Samui.

Business as usual on Samui (although only one bar etc actually stays open till sunrise - obviously the one that mucky69 was in.)

R

I was told Lamai was open until 2 last night but was lower than low season quiet.

However they seem to be less restricted than Patong / Phuket / Patts / Etc..

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Some posts on this forum say that curfew starts at 11pm tonight and midnight on Sunday. The main news section says it is still 10pm. Can any one please confirm what the law is. Even the Thai people I ask are confused.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

There has been a rumor from the first night, that it would go 12-4 at the weekend, and be finished sometime Mon - Wed depending on the rumor.

I have heard no official source on this and have chased it up with bangkok business owners, phuket business owners, pattaya business owners etc.. Each of whom have police contacts.. Yes the rumor is out there but until its officially stated its nothing more than that.

Given the starting of the #anticoup protests, arrests and protests last nigth in Chaing Mai, and the tense situation in illegal gatherings in bangkok yesterday.. I dont see how anyone can predict where things will be with any accuracy. Its day to day depending on what happens next.

And yet another reply to this question , in anther thread, says 100% the curfew starts at midnight tonight. There is supposed to be some web site listing all the provinces affected and the current times of the curfew. Wish I knew for sure but maybe best to play safe and close at 10.

Some posts on this forum say that curfew starts at 11pm tonight and midnight on Sunday. The main news section says it is still 10pm. Can any one please confirm what the law is. Even the Thai people I ask are confused.

There has been a rumor from the first night, that it would go 12-4 at the weekend, and be finished sometime Mon - Wed depending on the rumor.

I have heard no official source on this and have chased it up with bangkok business owners, phuket business owners, pattaya business owners etc.. Each of whom have police contacts.. Yes the rumor is out there but until its officially stated its nothing more than that.

Given the starting of the #anticoup protests, arrests and protests last nigth in Chaing Mai, and the tense situation in illegal gatherings in bangkok yesterday.. I dont see how anyone can predict where things will be with any accuracy. Its day to day depending on what happens next.

And yet another reply to this question , in anther thread, says 100% the curfew starts at midnight tonight. There is supposed to be some web site listing all the provinces affected and the current times of the curfew. Wish I knew for sure but maybe best to play safe and close at 10.

My apologies.. Can you link to the actual source of the information ??

Not a poster who heard.. But any kind of government / army statement. Like I say.. Rumors are rife, factual data isnt.

I love Bangkok and why would I want to go out when I have a condo full of good food good booze hot chicks and me kali

now the pubs are closed so many beautiful gals begging to come and party at my pad

Thailand we love u forever and God bless Prayuth and his heroes AMEN

Bizarre - so you need a curfew to get girls back to your condo ? You have to be seriously ugly to have a problem like that !

+1 that wins weirdest post of the day.

"In a nutshell can you tell me what Thaksin has done to the country for you to hate him so much?

Thank You"

Is that a serious question ? Passing off your daughter as your sister probably isn't a good start !

a lot of people swallow the suthep yellow propaganda

Looks like you've choked on the red variety !

ramblings of a facist potato head ^^

Verbal effluvia from a shin-rouge cultist ^^