VFS Bangkok poor service and question about submitting additional documents.

Back to the OP subject. I read this one days ago and avoided it.

Fact is my thai gf lodged her applicaion on aug 13. I was able to sit one meter behind her while her application was being checked.

When they needed a photocopy of passport (you need to take 2 copies, 1 for reciept)

They allowed me to take passport outside and photocopy. 3 baht per copy.

The whole thing was so smoothe and everyone very helpful.

Where were you. As soon as she left counter and showed you rejected items ....you did what exactly???

And now you come on thai visa with one sided of events. Thinking you made stuffed up.

What did they reject that you regard so pivotal.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My GF applied for and got a UK Visitor visa in 2007, and submitted the application and all the supporting documents in a ring binder folder with clear plastic covers for each document. Is this no longer permitted? What are the rules about the format of the supporting evidence?

I or rather the visitors I have sponsored, have always presented the supporting evidence in individual A4 plastic folders; one for financial, one for accommodation, one for relationship etc., each one labelled to show it's contents.

I have never used a ring binder.

Previous posts here suggest that if you do, then VHS staff will take the papers out of the ring binder.

I am not sure why, but surmise it is because the average ring binder is too large to fit into the pouches they use to send each application to the embassy.

Edit:

It is not up to VHS staff to judge the evidence presented; that is the ECOs' job.

VFS staff can advise if something is missing, in the wrong format or not needed; but if the applicant insists they must forward the application to the embassy as presented.

Edited by 7by7

• 2 weeks later...

They don't want plastic folders geez. Just sort out an order of things. Don't even do a cover sheet to list order of docs. It isn't a school assignment. Make sure the official application is first up. The VFS person will adjust order if its silly...ie all your photos at start. Common sense.

Jacksam, I guess you are referring to me and my original posting regarding the application of my partner's visa for the UK, using the VFS at trendy building ?

Why on earth would I make these things up ? I have been around Thai Visa and in Thailand long enough to know that nothing is ever certain or the same ....

I suggest that you take my post or postings in the same spirit as we take yours !!!

Frmbkk

• Like 2

They don't want plastic folders geez. Just sort out an order of things. Don't even do a cover sheet to list order of docs. It isn't a school assignment. Make sure the official application is first up. The VFS person will adjust order if its silly...ie all your photos at start. Common sense.

Those who have been regular readers of this particular forum for a while will have read, as I have, of people being refused because the ECO missed an important piece of evidence!

Which is why I always place supporting documents in separate folders according to category; financial, accommodation, relationship, reason to return etc. and advise others to do the same.

Don't rely on VFS staff doing the work for you, and don't rely on the ECO sifting through all your documents to find the one they are looking for.

Back to the OP subject. I read this one days ago and avoided it.

Fact is my thai gf lodged her applicaion on aug 13. I was able to sit one meter behind her while her application was being checked.

When they needed a photocopy of passport (you need to take 2 copies, 1 for reciept)

They allowed me to take passport outside and photocopy. 3 baht per copy.

The whole thing was so smoothe and everyone very helpful.

Where were you. As soon as she left counter and showed you rejected items ....you did what exactly???

And now you come on thai visa with one sided of events. Thinking you made stuffed up.

What did they reject that you regard so pivotal.

Jacksam, your comments were totally out of order. You should read the topic before commenting. Firstly the topic was from early June and the OP only resurrected it to thank me for my advice about Manchester United tickets for him and his partner, who is male by the way (just goes to show you didn't read the topic). Secondly you say that you were allowed to sit one metre behind your girlfriend. If that's the case then that's good. It was certainly not the case in April when my lady submitted her application and as the OP has said not in June when he started the topic. Maybe they have now got their act together now at the Trendy building. It is by the way totally correct that the VFS do not have the right to reject documents its up to the applicant what documents are submitted. Don't be so judgemental next time.

• Like 1

Can an Aussie who has been to the VFS in the Trendy Building confirm that he was allowed entry or denied entry within the last month.

Thanks

Don't know if this has been answered or not yet.

I was there a week ago to get a visitor visa for a family member, no problems with the wife and I entering and sitting in the waiting area. I went up with the family member to the counter to submit the application and did 98% of the talking to the staff. Had an usual (large and wouldn't fit into there courier bags) piece of evidence to submit and the staff asked did I really need to submit this, I told them yes and why and they excepted it no problems.

Photocopying cost 3 baht per page and passport photos 250baht.

Notified visa was ready for collection within 5 working days of submission.

No issues with the service and took maybe 30mins

This info applies to the Australian side.

Edited by Surin13
  • Like 1

Jacksam, I guess you are referring to me and my original posting regarding the application of my partner's visa for the UK, using the VFS at trendy building ?

Why on earth would I make these things up ? I have been around Thai Visa and in Thailand long enough to know that nothing is ever certain or the same ....

I suggest that you take my post or postings in the same spirit as we take yours !!!

Frmbkk

Sorry FRM-BKK only just seen your post.

Mrs Boycie applied for a UK Visit Visa back in early 2012 and had supporting documents returned to her by the VFS agent saying they were not needed. I wrote on TV for advice and to warn others when her application was refused. I remember a few members posted back that we must be lying or not telling all the story.mad.gif

After the event, i came across this article and wish we would of read it beforehand. Yes it's dated 2011, but still a lot of good information for people applying now and dealing with the VFS.