Curfew Lifted>>>>>>

khwaibah

I don't think so just been down Loh Kroh and boxing ring and all told by Army to close. Now closed at 12.00.

Obviously news does not travel that fast!

Sent from my GT-I9300T using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

I don't think so just been down Loh Kroh and boxing ring and all told by Army to close. Now closed at 12.00.

The curfew has been lifted, but closing times are being enforced. Beer bars are only legal till midnight, restaurants till 1am, for selling alcohol. I guessed this would happen. People over-estimate the numbers when it comes to watching World Cup games at 3am, 5am in bars. A very small proportion of the population will watch games that late, and most will watch at home. Enough business for a few bars, but hardly worth worrying about in the eyes of the military. Edited by Chiengmaijoe

The curfew has been lifted, but closing times are being enforced. Beer bars are only legal till midnight, restaurants till 1am, for selling alcohol. I guessed this would happen. People over-estimate the numbers when it comes to watching World Cup games at 3am, 5am in bars. A very small proportion of the population will watch games that late, and most will watch at home. Enough business for a few bars, but hardly worth worrying about in the eyes of the military.

I know many people dislike legal closing hours (I'm not too fond of them myself) but this is still a big improvement. Instead of closing bars and kitchens at 10:30 or 11 p.m. so the staff have time to clean, lock-up and get home, businesses can sell until legal closing time.

It will be interesting to see if places like the Zoe bar area and Spice, businesses that usually don't become lively until after midnight, will be allowed to return to normal operations.

• Like 1

The curfew has been lifted, but closing times are being enforced. Beer bars are only legal till midnight, restaurants till 1am, for selling alcohol. I guessed this would happen. People over-estimate the numbers when it comes to watching World Cup games at 3am, 5am in bars. A very small proportion of the population will watch games that late, and most will watch at home. Enough business for a few bars, but hardly worth worrying about in the eyes of the military.

I know many people dislike legal closing hours (I'm not too fond of them myself) but this is still a big improvement. Instead of closing bars and kitchens at 10:30 or 11 p.m. so the staff have time to clean, lock-up and get home, businesses can sell until legal closing time.

It will be interesting to see if places like the Zoe bar area and Spice, businesses that usually don't become lively until after midnight, will be allowed to return to normal operations.

I did a quick reccy at just after 1 and Zoe's was being closed, Loco Elvis was closed and Spiceys had a police car outside. The bar along Rajawithee Rd that Chicog is averse to being mentioned, had lots of motorbikes outside and if you are able to limbo, may possibly have been open. Bear in mind that Spain v Holland is on Live at 2am. I would imagine Loi Kroh was closed, but that's not really a surprise. Still army checkpoints in the same spots but not as busy. Edited by Chiengmaijoe

re

hes right !

i was in there just getting ready to have my last beer of the night in another bar when a policeman told them to close

heres two pics of all the customers inside there and one of a deserted loi kroh road .... the same as last night :(

but johns place had a sign out for showing some football :)

dave2

post-42592-0-49653200-1402704093_thumb.j

post-42592-0-54446300-1402704128_thumb.j

post-42592-0-35510100-1402704154_thumb.j

post-42592-0-62830000-1402704178_thumb.j

Junta threatens to re-impose curfew in trouble areas

BANGKOKarrow-10x10.png: -- The junta may re-impose curfew in areas where disturbances are made to threaten the national security, a spokesman said.

Pathamakorn Ratanadilok Na-Phuket said the curfew contributed to the reduction of crime rates. The rates of traffic violations, gambling and violent crimes went down, he said.

xnationlogo.jpg.pagespeed.ic.BfgaY1OWGm.
-- The Nation 2014-06-14

Just wondering what the traffic rate for deaths was under the curfew.

With the curfew removed there will be more places staying open late with closed doors. As Winnie said spicy was open until 2:00 and others later.

Bound to make a difference in the death rate at that time of night. doubt we will ever know. Any one know any one in Emergency rooms at that time of night?

Just wondering what the traffic rate for deaths was under the curfew.

With the curfew removed there will be more places staying open late with closed doors. As Winnie said spicy was open until 2:00 and others later.

Bound to make a difference in the death rate at that time of night. doubt we will ever know. Any one know any one in Emergency rooms at that time of night?

Late night bars were open later without the curfew and plenty of places that were open late now aren't, so fewer drunks on the road. Spiceys would normally be open till 4am or 5am so 2am is an early night. I think you'll find that late night revellers numbers are way down. Closing hours are being strictly enforced. Bar beers closed at midnight, Zoe's closed at 1am.

re

About time, those bar stools were getting lonely

and they still are !

count the tourists in these two pics taken in loi kroh road at

10 30 and 11 18 tonight :(

not good !

dave2

ps ... the girls in the bar boxing centre told me they could open till 2 tonight but theres no customers :(

post-42592-0-78000100-1402769867_thumb.j

post-42592-0-96759500-1402769933_thumb.j

Great news. This just leaves the regular fuzz curfew. Spicy got closed around 2am or so. So had to move on to the place with the secret annexe.

I think I've heard about this place. Is it anything like this:

Well I stepped inside and stood by the door

While a dark girl sang and played the guitar

There was hookers and hustlers, they filled up the room

I heard about this place they call the Spanish Moon.

There's whiskey and bad cocaine

Poison get you just the same

And if that... that don't... kill you soon

The women will down at the Spanish Moon.

Really Winnie, does your mother know you're hanging out in places like this?

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

re

and they still are !

10 30 and 11 18 tonight sad.png

not good !

dave2

ps ... the girls in the bar boxing centre told me they could open till 2 tonight but theres no customers sad.png

What a sad sight indeed.. Just one lonely Jonny Falang staggering down Loa Kroah Rd.. towards the waiting "maassage' ladies and empty 'Darlink' Bar

re

and they still are !

10 30 and 11 18 tonight sad.png

not good !

dave2

ps ... the girls in the bar boxing centre told me they could open till 2 tonight but theres no customers sad.png

So it`s the same as usual in Chiang Mai then?

This has nothing to do with the coup or the curfew, but has been part of the Chiang Mai adult entertainments and nightlife clampdowns for years, as a matter of fact there seemed hardly any noticeable difference in Chiang Mai since before, during and after the curfew.

Great news. This just leaves the regular fuzz curfew. Spicy got closed around 2am or so. So had to move on to the place with the secret annexe.

\

Please tell me more about this place Winnie.

After 6 years i thought i knew them all.

Quite a few more years than that and don't know any of them!

post-51-0-24413600-1402833376_thumb.jpg

I think I've heard about this place. Is it anything like this:

Well I stepped inside and stood by the door

While a dark girl sang and played the guitar

There was hookers and hustlers, they filled up the room

I heard about this place they call the Spanish Moon.

There's whiskey and bad cocaine

Poison get you just the same

And if that... that don't... kill you soon

The women will down at the Spanish Moon.

Really Winnie, does your mother know you're hanging out in places like this?

Don't ask don't tell. But I do exclude her from the Facebook audience for those posts yes.

\

You very likely do; I was just being cute. You can walk through the back there coming from Lucky though. If you have guests in town to entertain and you play it well it will seem more adventurous than just entering from the main entrance on the soi. Similar to having to use the side-entrance to Spicy when they pretend the front is closed.

\

You very likely do; I was just being cute. You can walk through the back there coming from Lucky though. If you have guests in town to entertain and you play it well it will seem more adventurous than just entering from the main entrance on the soi. Similar to having to use the side-entrance to Spicy when they pretend the front is closed.

Does this mean it is not secret anymore?

giggle.gif

Edited by scottishjohn
  • Like 1