70 alleged prostitutes rounded up in Pattaya

webfact

70 alleged prostitutes rounded up in Pattaya

PATTAYA: -- Navy and police officers rounded up 70 alleged prostitutes, including more than 50 transvestites and 7 Madagascan women, in Pattaya early Thursday.

The operation took place at 1 am. The officers arrested the suspected prostitutes from the Pattaya Beach and Walking Street.

One of the suspects is a man and ten others are Thai women.

Police said the crackdown would continue to protect tourists from being deceived and robbed.

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2014-06-26

• Like 1

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmmm, 70 "alleged" prostitutes ? So they what, cleaned up the first 7 meters of Walking Street ? And 7 minutes after they left, those 7 meters were probably filled by 70 other "alleged" prostitutes. If they are "allegedly" prostitutes, do they have to pay "alleged" fines for "alleged" offenses they may (or may not) have "allegedly" committed ? And were those 7 Madagascan women really Madagascan (and women) or is it only "alleged" that they were one, the other, or both ?

(Note: Neither the number 7 no the word "alleged" were harmed (irreparably) in the typing of this post.)

I don't know.

Perhaps you should go talk to the authorities and find out for yourself.

It still makes me chuckle that prostitution is illegal in Thailand...

Just make it legal already and make them start paying tax... Imagine the revenue!... ££££££££

Making prostitution legal and make them pay taxes only benefit the tax department.

Asking tea money to keep them out of jail makes more benefit to the people who are actually arresting them and need a day of paperwork.

70 x 1,000 = 70,000 Baht in one day.

And release them as soon as possible so that the they can arrest them again the next day.

• Like 1

Hookers from Madagascar.

All here without being trafficked and of their free will I hope. If they keep doing these types of busts and finding hundreds of different nationalities in a few weeks the stats will be that all the hookrs will be Thai.

I'm inclined to try it for the novelty value but I'm scared I'd keep thinking of the movie.laugh.png

• Like 2

Hookers from Madagascar.

All here without being trafficked and of their free will I hope. If they keep doing these types of busts and finding hundreds of different nationalities in a few weeks the stats will be that all the hookrs will be Thai.

Been here for years, big black mammas most of em. Ok if you can speak french too.Abit more middle class than the Bangkok African mamas

Navy and police officers rounded up 70 alleged prostitutes.... One of the suspects is a man and ten others are Thai women....
Regardless of their sexual persuasion and nationality, I really wonder what on earth the other 59 were.

martiansw00t.gif they cum and go.

• Like 2

It still makes me chuckle that prostitution is as illegal in Thailand...

Just make it legal already and make them start paying tax... Imagine the revenue!... ££££££££

Making prostitution legal and make them pay taxes only benefit the tax department.

Asking tea money to keep them out of jail makes more benefit to the people who are actually arresting them and need a day of paperwork.

And release them as soon as possible so that the they can arrest them again the next day.

I agree with that system also, but IMO at least the tax money would somehow eventually find it's way to improve Thailand as a whole... In an ideal Thailand of course, but it's feasible all the time the military are in control. LoL

Tea money only gets the copper him him his BMW/Merc more quickly and gets his wife one too.... In a realistic Thailand of course.

• Like 1

Hookers from Madagascar.

Been here for years, big black mammas most of em. Ok if you can speak french too.Abit more middle class than the Bangkok African mamas

Blerch....

Either way, if they can so readily round up ilegals in prostituiton maybe only 100 yards from a police box, I guess getting off tier 3 is going to take quite a while.

Hookers from Madagascar.

They're all the 419ers wives! Didn't you know? [emoji23]

Given that there was one man and 10 Thai women out of 70 then logically the other 59 must be foreign women so they would also need to change the employment laws to give them work permits as well.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Wow...

Worrying, 70% of Pattaya's prostitutes are lady boys, or was it just a cull of undesirables?

What next, mass arrests of "Cheap Charlie's" & "Balloon Chasers" for vagrancy?

Edited by Basil B

The oldest story in Pattaya.....

Whenever there is a crackdown to try and stop crime, the first thing the police do is

head to Beach Road and start rounding up ladyboys. Gee why do you think the

police do that ???? But simply fining them and releasing them seems a bit silly,

and would do little to stop crime . They will be out pick pocketing tourist ten minutes

after they are let out of the police station. Well I guess this catch and release program

is good for funding the next police karaoke night...

Edited by EyesWideOpen

True, I've said the same to Republican friends in the U.S. Don't want to pay no stink'n taxes? Legalize marijuana and prostitution. Revenue issues fixed!

Edited by wwest5829

Hookers from Madagascar.

Wouldn't that be a big blow to the TAT and their tourist statistics?

What's the song line of James Taylor again? With 10 miles behind me and 10.000 more to go...

Edited by Lupatria