My New CBR 300R .

charlie42

Hi guys, (my first post)

I had the cbr250 for about 3 years, then I bought the 300 and love it. It has more midrange power for quicker city riding and less shifting. Top speed is about 163 km/h but gets there faster than the cbr250. Bike is very light and great but only in dry weather. The tires are horrible in the wet. On the highway I was spinning tires by simply riding on wet patches of the road. It hasn't even started to rain yet. When I rode through puddles of standing water I almost fell off. I recommend changing them asap.

If you want to see a video of the bike riding around Bkk have a look at my video here:

I just went to Chiang Mai on it and will have some more vids there as well. Editing is a slow process when you're just learning smile.png

Very good first postthumbsup.gif

You ride very confidently in Bangkok I must say.

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

MY definition of sport touring is rides over 2 days where I am mostly camping and hauling ass over longer distances.

The 250M is the right size for touring around up north here... for the highway parts...BORING!... unless there are no cars and I can zig zag through the lines from edge to edge pretending I'm on a twisty road...5555

About the 300 being a good bike for city riding... for me, I liked the Honda Wave. Easier to maneuver around traffic and better to take to market, coffee, meeting someone, etc. I personally do not want a sport bike for the city...

You guys are scaring me about the IRC tires... it is what I'm using and have not felt any slip on them yet... then again I have not ridden in the rain.
What is a good compromise tire between being sticky and long lasting?

anything under 500cc for sport touring is going to be a hard ride IMO.

I'm ignorant...I don't even know definition of "sport touring."

I do ride all over Thailand & Cambodia on my old CBR150 though.

No too hard really.

What mirror are you using Jarek? Does not look stock to me. Thanks

Mirrors are stock but I've bought the round convex mirrors for cars and attached them to my mirrors. Once you get used to those you won't go back. No shoulder checking, just your eyes move. :)

• 2 weeks later...

Hi guys, (my first post)

I had the cbr250 for about 3 years, then I bought the 300 and love it. It has more midrange power for quicker city riding and less shifting. Top speed is about 163 km/h but gets there faster than the cbr250. Bike is very light and great but only in dry weather. The tires are horrible in the wet. On the highway I was spinning tires by simply riding on wet patches of the road. It hasn't even started to rain yet. When I rode through puddles of standing water I almost fell off. I recommend changing them asap.

If you want to see a video of the bike riding around Bkk have a look at my video here:

I just went to Chiang Mai on it and will have some more vids there as well. Editing is a slow process when you're just learning smile.png

Surprised to hear the tires are that bad - they look identical as on the CBR250 and the Ninja 250? My 250 has 10K on the tires and they cope well in the wet I thought, even cornering at speed, but I dont tend to open the throttle right up in that situation. Good idea to change them tho, slippage is not a good thing..

• 1 year later...

Hi, bit of an old thread, but maybe some of the CBR300 owners remember.

Have just ordered one, well actually they were in the shop already. What kind of oil is in the engine when delivered ??

Or will they make it ready in the shop, just thinking about break-in, so I would use dino oil for the first three changes (2-2,5K) and then move to the synthetic stuff.

Have just ordered one, well actually they were in the shop already. What kind of oil is in the engine when delivered ??

Or will they make it ready in the shop, just thinking about break-in, so I would use dino oil for the first three changes (2-2,5K) and then move to the synthetic stuff.

It's the OEM Honda Oil that went in mine... Shop filled it up.. Changed at 1000km

It's the OEM Honda Oil that went in mine... Shop filled it up.. Changed at 1000km

Thanks matewas in the shop today and saw that no oil is in yet.

• 4 weeks later...

For those who care.

The CBR has some catching up to do.

of course with more horse power the ninga is a little quicker.

but you gota pay a whole lot more for it and IMO is not as durable.

you forgot to tell us its a twin ( LARGE YAWN ).

Charlie

PS I don't care

Just picked up a Repsol cbr300 2014 and I'm well happy. Why the extra complexity with the Ninja for a bit mor speed?

post-62332-0-20397300-1455865608_thumb.j