CB 300f

Nebula

• Replies 917
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

here is what i had on my cbr250r.

just to give you and others an example on how nice these parts are looking! but certainly quality does not come cheap.

Beauty is definitely in the eye of the beholder....

I'd rather be dragged through the streets of BKK by my hair than put that stuff on my shiny new CB300F...

Reminds me of that fat bird's handbag off "My big fat Gypsy Wedding".

And don't get me started on aftermarket noisy pipes.

Edited by properperson

just to give you and others an example on how nice these parts are looking! but certainly quality does not come cheap.

I'd rather be dragged through the streets of BKK by my hair than put that stuff on my shiny new CB300F...

me likey! like colorful shiny aluminum bits maybe by staying too much in Thailandlaugh.png

me likey! like colorful shiny aluminum bits maybe by staying too much in Thailandlaugh.png

Maybe you're a Magpie ?

555555 could not have said it better myself.

555555 could not have said it better myself.

haha, yeah in this case i am a magpie then but not the only one:)

It looks better in real toolaugh.png

ant not more horrible than the chrome stuff on harleys actually to be honestbiggrin.png

one is shiny aluminum one is shiny chrome!

Edited by ll2

Suppose I should mention my problem. Do not wish to fuel reliability issues.

Started with a rattle when cold, happens when hot now and then.

Waiting for mechanic to come from Bangkok to give his opinion.

Bit sad, love riding it but want it sorted.

Hopefully it is something simple alan

Does it sound like loose parts ( body parts etc ) or something internal like valve-train?

Edited by mania

Hopefully it is something simple alan

Does it sound like loose parts ( body parts etc ) or something internal like valve-train?

Tried narrowing it down but like all rattles on vehicles very hard to do if it is a bit intermittent.

Imma pick up the bike in like an hour so I'll let you guys know if I get any ratttling , or anything.

BTW I can't wait this is killing me .

Sent from my HTC One using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

It's a gorgeous ride for what it is and costs.

I'd like to join the club. I just finished all the paper work to get my new bike but they told me it take 4 hours to charge the bsttery. I'll be riding it for the first time at 7 tonight

congrats panda. nice bike!

throw us your impressions.

happy and safe rides.

there was a common engine noise at 5000 rpms again where the engine runs lean for economy at cbr250r.

maybe that one.

there was a common engine noise at 5000 rpms again where the engine runs lean for economy at cbr250r.

maybe that one.

Understand but not that. Could go round and round on where the noise is coming from, engine? Loose fitting? I am at a loss. Not angry but would like it sorted. Major or minor problem who knows.

I'd like to join the club. I just finished all the paper work to get my new bike but they told me it take 4 hours to charge the bsttery. I'll be riding it for the first time at 7 tonight

Welcome aboard !

They're great....Enjoy....

post-95864-0-22512700-1409919332_thumb.j

maybe that one.

Understand but not that. Could go round and round on where the noise is coming from, engine? Loose fitting? I am at a loss. Not angry but would like it sorted. Major or minor problem who knows.

any performance drop when rattle occurs?

maybe that one.

The rattle affects nothing. Do not wish to test performance, 90kmh engine seized?

It is what it is. Unhappy? Yes. Fortunately I have other transport. No anger towards Honda, they have been good. My Thai is lacking and dealer is Thai only. We have had a joke or two but now onto AP Honda. See what happens.

May plant a seed that if they take it away I will be happy if it returns as a 500F.

maybe that one.

The rattle affects nothing. Do not wish to test performance, 90kmh engine seized?

It is what it is. Unhappy? Yes. Fortunately I have other transport. No anger towards Honda, they have been good. My Thai is lacking and dealer is Thai only. We have had a joke or two but now onto AP Honda. See what happens.

May plant a seed that if they take it away I will be happy if it returns as a 500F.

than maybe just a rattling fairing or a shaky part. let them check the fairing, engine mounts and tighten the nuts etc.

maybe it gets better.

Okay so first impressions are. The engine make good power

The seat is sticky, I have no slide action. But the rear set doesn't feel so good. It moves around a bit and the rubber doesn't seem like it's in place. It's probably going to be the first thing to go. Breaks feel stiff, good but I'm gitch going to have to get used to them. Clutch is a little heavy and I'll have to get used to it. I will have to get used to the mirrors too as they are not mounted on the body any more, on the handle bars.

The bike actually makes me feel weak like I'm going to have to go hit the gym some more to be able to man handle the bike like my old CBR 150. I think I just need to get used to it.

BTW the gauge cluster is super easy to see there are no wires blocking any part of the display, before I had to look up to see the gas display as the clutch lever was blocking it .

I'm happy with it.

Okay so first impressions are. The engine make good power

The seat is sticky, I have no slide action. But the rear set doesn't feel so good. It moves around a bit and the rubber doesn't seem like it's in place. It's probably going to be the first thing to go. Breaks feel stiff, good but I'm gitch going to have to get used to them. Clutch is a little heavy and I'll have to get used to it. I will have to get used to the mirrors too as they are not mounted on the body any more, on the handle bars.

The bike actually makes me feel weak like I'm going to have to go hit the gym some more to be able to man handle the bike like my old CBR 150. I think I just need to get used to it.

BTW the gauge cluster is super easy to see there are no wires blocking any part of the display, before I had to look up to see the gas display as the clutch lever was blocking it .

I'm happy with it.

nice!

i like the mirrors at handlebars, it is better as you can arrange the angle by turning the handlebars and see behind better especially while parked.

why not cbr300r panda?

maybe that one.

than maybe just a rattling fairing or a shaky part. let them check the fairing, engine mounts and tighten the nuts etc.

maybe it gets better.[/quot

Had several bikes before. Considered rattling attachments, no way. Very strange. Loose component or engine?

Sorry but I can't say.

maybe that one.

maybe it gets better.[/quot

Had several bikes before. Considered rattling attachments, no way. Very strange. Loose component or engine?

Sorry but I can't say.

so lets hope it is not serious.

many times i experienced strange noises and nearly all were some loose fairing and parts, not the engine.