CB 300f

Nebula

In my case "Happy for now" refers to my current situation, wants and needs. yours may differ.

Its a great bike for BKK. couldnt be happier. Faster than the scooters and nearly as nimble through traffic.. Believe me, the bulk of my riding is peak hr traffic jams.

Indeed it is. Drove 150km today all around BKK and it handled so nicely.

At First i was bit disappointed that i promised to sell my click to friend and was planning to get a new 7/11 bike later on, but no need for that.

Edited by Crowleys

• Replies 917
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes that is kind of what I thought, reliable and fit for purpose.

I don't commute, but find the Wave a bit cramped for my many rides into town (total 20/30km/day) and plan on many more country rides, of around 200/300km/day.

So tricky decision for me, as ordinarily reliability isn't that important, but here in hot Thailand and at my age it now is, so may have to forgo the passion.

The CB300f is a lovely looking bike.

When I was out shopping for a new bike in Jan I was considering one.

I tired to find a rental in Pattaya so I could try one out, but no luck.

In the end I bought a Versys 650 which I fell very comfortable on since I am fairly tall.

I am sure the 300 is okay to tour on at 120 km/h and will better in BKK than a V.

Some say that a 300 will be boring after a while but it all depends; if on a tight budget or perhaps older than most, perhaps not and some prefer small light motor bikes.

The 300 series will also be great fun on really twisted roads with good ties fitted.

• 2 weeks later...

Nice one! i'm thinking about going to this place too.

How much total price and was it fitted at the shop?

How you gonna get the big original can home? or did you just bin it laugh.png

Nice one! i'm thinking about going to this place too.

How much total price and was it fitted at the shop?

How you gonna get the big original can home? or did you just bin it laugh.png

This exhaust was 5900b fitted. Full system would have been 2000b more.

I brought duffel bag with me and took the old 1 home.

Lot pipe options in Praram2bikes. Picked up mine today.

2015-03-16%2B14.26.35.jpg

Looks nice. I've been looking at maybe getting the same one, or something similar.

Have you noticed any difference in power? I don't really expect any big gains, honestly, as long as I don't lose any power I'll be happy.

Anybody know if the CBR250 and CBR300 wheel are the same size ?

Specifically hub width.

The 250 wheels fit a CRF - just want to make sure the 300 wheels do too, before I splash out on a pair.

Thanks

Looks nice. I've been looking at maybe getting the same one, or something similar.

Have you noticed any difference in power? I don't really expect any big gains, honestly, as long as I don't lose any power I'll be happy.

Haven't noticed any actual difference except the one in my head what comes with sounds [emoji16]

Would be interesting to see dyno results with slip on and full system when this pipe is installed and get some data how it is working(or not working)

I was wondering how the CB300 compared with a CBR250 with bar risers, in terms of riding position/comfort?

Can either of these bikes have larger/fatter tyres fitted to butch them up a bit?. I don't care about handling as I am a slow coach and rarely get my knee down these days.

Ordered pirelli rossos long time ago but shop couldn't deliver because Pirelli thailand had/have problems with deliveries. Just got call today to come and get my money back.

Time to look some other options. What would be good tyre from Michelin for example?

Ordered pirelli rossos long time ago but shop couldn't deliver because Pirelli thailand had/have problems with deliveries. Just got call today to come and get my money back.

Time to look some other options. What would be good tyre from Michelin for example?

I am an old boy tyre wise. Used to do Metzler. Had Pirelli but did not like them. Continental used to be a good tyre, can get a set just up the road, 8,500B. Wore out so quickly not sure.

Michelin Street Pilots would be very good all round tyres. Are you in Bangkok?

post-92327-14272686269365_thumb.jpg

So I bought the same exhaust from PR2. Wow! Too loud.. As you can see its off now and in a box.

Anyone know how I can quieten it up a bit? Looks good but sounds horrible.

Got picked by the police on the way back. Not for the sound though. I switched it off while showing my license. Took off slow so not to get called back by the police..

Disappointing!

Anyone know where to get a baffle or something?

Edit>>> OK looks like 2 inch baffle will fit..

Where in bangkok can you buy one?

Edited by eeeya

Personally like whispery exausts that howl a shade under acceleration. The quiet woof as it were of a serious bike being ridden sensibly is great. Open it up and if good exhaust sound is nice. No need for noise for the sake of noise. Personal opinion.

What you on about mate?

Don't need noise to prove anything. Had big bikes, bought 4 into ones. Noise was never a consideration. Someone put a Utube link on thread to make exhaust louder. No problem if that is what you want. Personally prefer understated exhausts, my bad.

What you on about mate?

Don't need noise to prove anything. Had big bikes, bought 4 into ones. Noise was never a consideration. Someone put a Utube link on thread to make exhaust louder. No problem if that is what you want. Personally prefer understated exhausts, my bad.

Well this thread is about the CB 300 F.. and we are not on exhaust systems.. ok, good to go.. well, I wonder, how many times did some look back at you with your modified exhaust system and it made a different, like they did not cut you off.. or cut in front of you.

Granted, I like to hear the varoom, but I am not into the HD xtra round the heart palpations kind..

The 300 series seem fine.. the stock exhaust to me, seem to whine a bit..thus I modified my CBR 300 with the Thai version of the Akpravovic (?) system.. works fine... not ultra loud but it does the job, I don't get cut off as much.. and yes, I try to avoid the situation..

Well on the pegs.

What you on about mate?

Well this thread is about the CB 300 F.. and we are not on exhaust systems.. ok, good to go.. well, I wonder, how many times did some look back at you with your modified exhaust system and it made a different, like they did not cut you off.. or cut in front of you.

Granted, I like to hear the varoom, but I am not into the HD xtra round the heart palpations kind..

The 300 series seem fine.. the stock exhaust to me, seem to whine a bit..thus I modified my CBR 300 with the Thai version of the Akpravovic (?) system.. works fine... not ultra loud but it does the job, I don't get cut off as much.. and yes, I try to avoid the situation..

Well on the pegs.

Love the bike standard. Size of exhaust questionable. People do what people do. Fine by me. Not my choice. Only an opinion. Change exhaust? Why not. Personally more noise is not a consideration. Tis only a 300 so power increase is a shade childish as well. In the nicest possible way.