Sucker Sam?

pomchop

Cheap Charlie is a moniker that gets thrown around a lot on TV....but what of his "opposite", the guy who typically overpays for most everything, falls for every sob story, and generally gets "taken to the cleaners"....
What is the best nickname for this type?
Sucker Sam?
Gullible George?
Naive Ned?

If people want to be over generous and over pay that is all well and good for them and great for the receiver of their generosity but unfortunately establishes a new benchmark for what our Thai hosts expect from a foreigner. Personally I make a practise of paying what a Thai would pay, or tipping what a Thai would tip.

SDM

• Like 1

Pomchop

Why do you have to call him anything ?

If he is using his money, not hassling anybody, and is happy. It's his business, no-one else's.

Just sayin

So why is someone who is using his money, not hassling anybody and is happy called cheap Charlie?

I see that term almost everyday somewhere on TV as if there is something wrong with being thrifty? Sure some take it too far but then again I can say the same for some who piss away all of their money , call everyone who doesn't do the same cheap Charlie and then end up sitting on the curb in front of a seven 11 drinking lao kao when the money is gone.

Pomchop

If he is using his money, not hassling anybody, and is happy. It's his business, no-one else's.

Just sayin

So why is someone who is using his money, not hassling anybody and is happy called cheap Charlie?

I see that term almost everyday somewhere on TV as if there is something wrong with being thrifty? Sure some take it too far but then again I can say the same for some who piss away all of their money , call everyone who doesn't do the same cheap Charlie and then end up sitting on the curb in front of a seven 11 drinking lao kao when the money is gone.

An individual is free to do whatever they want with their money, its called choice.

The people who sit and try to put these people into boxes labelled " cheap charlie or whatever " obviously have such a fascinating life that they have nothing better to do.

" then end up sitting on the curb in front of a seven 11 drinking lao kao when the money is gone. "

Their choice. It wouldn't be my choice, but that is here not there.

Live and let live. We all have the ability to choose our paths, some just choose the wrong path.

Cheap Charlie is usually a term used by ladies and men dressed as ladies of the night when they have been short changed for their endeavors or been refused a taxi fare home or maybe a lady drink.

There is one very unfortunate poster on TVF who these sort of things happen to. I believe he even shacked up with one bird, who 6 months later he found out it was a ladyboy.

I won't put the name here.

A Fool, fits perfectly.

• Like 1

Pomchop

Just sayin

Seems you have a problem with the cheap Charlie name.. i guess it has been used on you. So now your looking for a name to call someone else. Real mature.

I just don't care what people say about me though I am not fugal with money. But its a choice, you can't compare people some have good income others have not.

• Like 1

There is nothing wron with being generous - I have no problem with that, and I think I am generally pretty good on that front. However, there is a difference to outright stupidity, which the OP refers to in his original question. Being a sucker and falling for all the scams is not being generous, it's being a fool - often led by the penis being in control of the decisions.

There are a number of threads on here, which have shown how foolish some posters have been, and it's cost them not just money, but their own self respect.

As for The Cheapos, they are no better than the fools IMO.

Merry Martin

Sent from my LG-P970 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app