Pattaya Bound

sanuk711

Some friends in there late 50s are flying in from London, & I am meeting with them in Pattaya next week--- 8 years ago I lived in Pattaya (I'm now in Issan) for about 6 years so I know my way around a little, although I am always surprised at the population explosion when I do visit there.

Looking for a couple of nice restaurants that I don't have to mortgage the house to go to.....along the lines of the green Bottle (if that's still going) Some entertainment + a decent meal.

Also They love the Thai massage scene, & as one of them is female---I guess  that will be excluding Some establishments that I used to know...

Thanks in advance...............wai2.gif

• Like 1

Let them have their holiday, not yours.

At the end of the day they will have been ripped off for peanuts in farang money, and they will have had a good time in their mind.

I used to do the translator bit for friends who were more than happy to be ripped off for products/services.

The bottom line is this is Thailand, if farangs are more than happy to pay 500 baht per hour for a massage just coz it costs 50 quid an hour back home, let them.

Dont bother telling them the same service could be had for 150 baht per hour, all you do is spoil their holiday.

I hear the Holiday Inn has some good meal specials and has a Latin night.  Something different.

I quite like the seafood restaurant near the Centara hotel in Nakula.  Great for visitors.  It's just to the left of the hotel, right on the beach, as you are heading towards the sea.  On your way back, you can stop at Leo's for some good music.

For visitors, I also like the beer garden, right at the entrance to walking street.  If you get the right table, it's a really nice view of Pattaya at night.  And of course after dinner, you can take a short stroll and see all the craziness on WS. LOL

A nice lunch buffet, with a great view, is at the Hilton, on top of the Central Festival mall.

Another option is the Hard Rock.  Not cheap, but does have some great bands.  Service is excellent and the food is pretty good.

Hopf Brew House on beach road (near soi 10) is mostly a good place to be for tourists, variety of food and sometimes good live music.

Great suggestion.  If you are there when the manager sings, it's great.  Quite the voice.  Very good beer also.

what I also like to do is just sit in one of the non-girly restaurants on Walking Street and just watch the crowd... girls on the way to work or having a snack break... ladyboys strolling around... counting Indian tourist who always come in 3 (9 out of 10, there always are 3 Indians walking together, did you ever notice that?), trying to find out where tourists come from (Russians are the easiest). There are 2 bar / restaurants pretty much at the beginning of walking street on the right hand side when you come in from beach road, one has red chairs facing the street, the other white leather chairs (and loud music) where I really enjoy good drinks, sometimes a shisha and just watch the world go by.... 

Domicile for German food on second road near Soi 8.  Really is pretty good.  Generous portions.  Green Bottle is still around.  At the beginning of walking street the Beer Garden is a decent place to sit and chat.  next lounge down has an ISSAAN lady and music band usually playing.  Nothing like the Lucifer Disco or anything like that.  Not a particularly fancy place but you might like the touch of Issan.  Still are one or two places on walking street you can sit at and look out.  On the left side across from marine Disco.  Of course many very nice Foot massage, Thai massage and Oil massage places.  A few more body massage places have appeared since you were last there.  The usual big ones down by Big C heading towards the Dolphin roundabout.  Some more sprikled around off of Soi Bukhao, one on Soi 11.  Papagayo is a pretty decent place for a visit.  Not like a disco, but has gogo dancers around the bar. Soi 8 is running low on bars as hotels creep in.  Soi 7 has more outdoor seating for looking out. 

I hear the Holiday Inn has some good meal specials and has a Latin night.  Something different.

I quite like the seafood restaurant near the Centara hotel in Nakula.  Great for visitors.  It's just to the left of the hotel, right on the beach, as you are heading towards the sea.  On your way back, you can stop at Leo's for some good music.

<Snip for brevity>

The only problem with going to Leo's is, you risk having to listen to Raro and his friends play shock1.gif  guitar.gif , otherwise a great place to visit for live music. The resident band is pretty good too.

• Like 1

Let them have their holiday, not yours.

At the end of the day they will have been ripped off for peanuts in farang money, and they will have had a good time in their mind.

I used to do the translator bit for friends who were more than happy to be ripped off for products/services.

The bottom line is this is Thailand, if farangs are more than happy to pay 500 baht per hour for a massage just coz it costs 50 quid an hour back home, let them.

Dont bother telling them the same service could be had for 150 baht per hour, all you do is spoil their holiday.

Do you often suffer from this type of confusion rgs2001....?? Try reading about the massage part again, maybe with your specs on if it helps.

Also They love the Thai massage scene, & as one of them is female---I guess  that will be excluding Some establishments that I used to know."

"As one of them is female"---- Do you think I was excluding the places where I used to go ---because this is about the price of the massage......... cheesy.gif

*Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity....................coffee1.gif

• Like 1

Thanks Guys, most of the places were around when I left.....although you tend to forget them when your not living there........... I'll try the Domicile on second road  & the Beer Garden  thanks gk10002000

• Like 1

Most of the best food places have been mentioned, I'd just add Cherrys for brit food, and tequila reef for ribs....As for good massage I always go to the big massage place(cant remember the name !) straight opposite Sabai Express on 2nd rd- its set back off the road....you cant miss it.

Try Pook House on soi Bukhaow for an evenings entertainment AFTER you have dined at the "Tin Cup" a few doors away,it will be an experience you and your visitors will never forget at a price that wont break the bank wai.gif

Cherrys ---yes I had forgotten about that on Third rd...... it had only just got started when as I was leaving, so just ate there a few times, yes it was great food....... thanks for the reminder ginglee.

will also look at Tincup....that ones new to me......thanks petermilk

• Like 2

And don't forget, "What happens in Pooks, stays in Pooks" (unless you pay a barfine)

Soi Buakao is quite a long stretch. Where is this "Pooks" to be found? (Haven't been near Soi Buakao for quite some time).

Cheers.

And don't forget, "What happens in Pooks, stays in Pooks" (unless you pay a barfine)

Soi Buakao is quite a long stretch. Where is this "Pooks" to be found? (Haven't been near Soi Buakao for quite some time).

Cheers.

Hook....

Cheers.

Dont bother with soi BK, those in the know tell me the prettiest ones are found in the soi 6 branch.

Pook Bar? Hardcore ladyboy bar on Soi Buakhao.

Not my cup of tea. I pass quickly tongue.png

Located here:

http://goo.gl/maps/ZK90v

Coming from Soi Diana towards central road its past LK Metro and Soi Honey.

Thanks for info. Was there a long time ago. Now I remember. Was hardcore 2 years ago. Only place in Pattaya that I ever walked away from by not even finishing my beer. Too much hardcore on the veranda already by extremely aggressive "employees".

- I must confess: I made a fast exit and I did not pay for the beer. Forgiveness, please.

Cheers.

• Like 1

Pook Bar? Hardcore ladyboy bar on Soi Buakhao.

Not my cup of tea. I pass quickly tongue.png

Located here:

http://goo.gl/maps/ZK90v

Coming from Soi Diana towards central road its past LK Metro and Soi Honey.

Thanks for info. Was there a long time ago. Now I remember. Was hardcore 2 years ago. Only place in Pattaya that I ever walked away from by not even finishing my beer. Too much hardcore on the veranda already by extremely aggressive "employees".

- I must confess: I made a fast exit and I did not pay for the beer. Forgiveness, please.

Cheers.

....lightweight.