Medical Exams For Oz Spouse Visa

Its possible ours is just an unlucky case.

Have any other members had this experience?

My wife had her medical exam done at BNH hospital in Silom, middle of April just after Songkran.

The 2 children had their check-ups done the following day, because we first had to apply and get provisional passport numbers from the BKK Passport centre.

BNH insisted on passport numbers.

I was with my wife and it took all morning for the check-up to be completed.

The staff seemed very professional and you get to wait in a plush room with LCD TV, free food and expresso coffee etc.

We submitted the SV application May 17th after some delays with passports, getting custody of the kids etc.

The embassy sent my wife a letter dated 31st May (received 5h June) saying that we should get Medicals done for her and the kids ..?!

I immediately emailed BNH.

They replied with apologies and promised to send my wife's results to the embassy but had no records of the kids check-ups!!

(they were only 7 weeks late)

I emailed them back telling them that "I was there on the day" so I know the check-ups were done the day after my wife's check-up.

They apologised again and confirmed that the results had been found and sent.

I hand delivered a letter to the embassy gate-keeper addressed to the CO on 15th June.

It contained evidence that the medicals were done in April and that the results had been sent

to the embassy.

It also contained my "Please Sir - may I have more .." plea for a "a Third" sponsorship.

I thought everything would be OK - big mistake!

My wife had her interview on Monday 26th June.

The CO did not mention her missing medical results!

One week later they telephoned my wife to say that they cannot find here medical results!!

If they had told my wife at the interview then she could have gone straight to BNH

(only 5 minutes away)

and either got copies of the results or had another medical done on the spot.

I rang BNH yesterday and eventually after my 3 phone calls they confirmed that the medical results were sent on the 9th June.

I emailed them today and asked them to send a copy of the results to the embassy and to let me know via email when it was done.

No answer all day, rang again and had to explain the whole story again.

Put on-hold several times. :D

Eventually the polite lady said she would have to find my wife's file and then she'd let me know by return email what was happening.

I got an email about 6.30pm (BKK time) saying: "The results were sent on the 9th June"

Whoopy do!

I emailed them back straight away and had to spell it out in black and white yet again.

:o

"I ask you again please send a COPY of my wife's medical results to the embassy.

If they have not received them, or if they have lost them - the result is the same!

They don't have any results!

So the only solution to this problem is for you to send a copy of her medical results."

:D

These people speak english but they obviously can not read English.

It's likely that BNH have sent them alright - probably to the Austrian Embassy.

They also may have lost the originals at the hospital.

My wife just called to say she had another call from the embassy today.

Apparently they have now found the medical results, but some of the results were inconclusive,

or incomplete - so she has to have the tests done again!!

This means my wife will now have to travel down to BKK again

(she is 100Km west of Nahkon Sawan).

It will take her the best part of 2 days in dangerous mini buses with an overnight stay

- including another morning at BNH - all because some idiots cannot file papers correctly or

have allowed inconclusive or incomplete results to be sent to the embassy.

My advice:

If at all possible get your medical checkups done in Australia while the wife/GF is on a tourist visa.

It will cost you more, but you can be sure the results will be:

a) accurate and unquestionable (Oz medicos)

:D they will be sent to the Australian Bangkok embassy on time.

So avoid the BNH hospital for medical check-ups (and more)

- all you will get is F***-ups. - cheerfully, with expresso!

Its possible ours is just an unlucky case.

Have any other members had this experience?

Now that I've calmed down a bit and my wife has sucessfully completed her medical exam

again I think I owe an apology to BNH and BNH fans.

I was very surprised at the very professional way in which they eventually handled our problem.

They were very apologetic and I'm sure did their best to make us happy.

Having read more about Thai culture I think I have had a very fair deal considering this is the "mai pen rai" LOS.

BNH actually is a shining example of a modern private hospital where service is a priority.

Every staff member is immaculate and well mannered.

The building itself and the decor would make most Aussie hospitals look shabby in comparison.

My warning should be downgraded to simply this - double check that your medical results have been sent and get some written proof of that to show the embassy.

Just in case the embassy lose your records.

Then everything will be OK.

I made the mistake of assuming that the results were sent, and did not have any proof of it.

So, sorry if I upset any BNH fans and I promise to "put a sock in it" next time I have a major tantrum. :o