Parking ticket issued with stunning efficiency in Hua Hin

ukrules

I drove into Hua Hin to do a bit of shopping at Villa tonight and decided that I'd pick up a burger from Burger King on the way home.

The whole road was taken up with motorbikes and the only empty place was the 'red and white' zone outside the hotel next to Burger King.

I parked, got out of the car and went inside Burger King. My girlfriend waited outside for me. Before I even had chance to order my burger she opened the door and told me that the police were coming.

So I parked, left the car and about 60 seconds later there was a policeman standing at the car writing out a ticket for me. I left him to it and continued ordering my burger.

The fine is 400 Baht which is fair enough I guess as I knew it was in the red zone and I deliberately chose to park there.

I've parked in this same spot many times before and nobody cared even though it's right opposite the police station.

It looks like they're taking the whole traffic violations thing seriously these days so either keep the 'red and white zones clear or be prepared to get a ticket. Next time I'll park across the street in the McDonald's car park.

I guess I'm lucky they haven't started doing the 'clamp' / 'boot' in Hua Hin, not that I'm aware of anyway.

In case nobody's ever seen one before this is what a parking ticket looks like :

post-44895-0-04356800-1408636312_thumb.j

400 baht wouldnt even cover the burger in some countries, bad luck, but, right opposite the Police station you were pushing it a bit huh.

Your location (outside/opposite the cop shop) had alot to do with the "stunning efficiency" I would say.

Edited by RolandRat

Since you admit in the OP that you have parked many times in that spot, without been given a ticket, I assume you gonna clear that up as well when you go to pay the ticket.

Sure, if they give me the correctly dated and timed tickets I'll pay them rolleyes.gif

• Like 1

I guess I'm lucky they haven't started doing the 'clamp' / 'boot' in Hua Hin, not that I'm aware of anyway.

They do clamp cars, but the only one's I've seen were cars parked on the wrong side of roads that have alternate day/side parking, like Chomsin east of Phetkasem and the road that runs beside the railway from Soi 88 to the station. I've seen several cars clamped there.

i saw a cop writing a ticket for one of the cars parked on the canal road that is next to Bon Kai (soi 88) food market

i think he was in the process of writing tickets for all the cars parked there

the cops / officials must have recently been on a course in the UK to raise extra revenue, and it seems to be paying off now smile.png

UK govt revenue? In the States it's a freakin' business operated in cahoots with local municipalities

by private wrecker outfits. Nothing at all to do with safety or legitimate traffic concerns

My sis parked in Santa Monica, CA illegally to pop in some shop. Vehicle GONE.

Towed away in less than 7 minutes. Several hundred US to get released.

Edited by arunsakda