90 day report Jomtien

Suradit69

There have been several reports of the 90 day report being streamlined and a few times when I've been there the lady at the computer has entered/checked something on her computer and handed back to me the usual photocopies "for next time."

But today when I went in it was still the old procedure. The officer removed my old report, stapled all my photocopies together, tore off the bottom part of the application form after stamping the new dates and stapled that in my passport.

He never checked his computer or used any sort of barcode and he kept all the photocopies.

Seems to still be hit and miss as to whether they use the old method or the newer one. I'd suggest anyone going in to make the report still bring all the usual things, i.e. photocopies of passport id page, extension stamps, proof of address, arrival card, etc.

This was my first report with a new passport and I just photocopied the transfer of information stamps in the new passport, not the original visa or anything else from the old passport.

I was still in and out in less than two minutes. A fair number of people there, but no one queued for the 90 day report.

Edited by Suradit69
  • Like 1

My last visit was on July 7.

The officer completed the process and said "Next time just bring your passport".

I said "No copies?"

He said "Just your passport".

I said "No yellow book?"

He said "Just your passport".

I said "No TM 47 form?"

He said "JUST... YOUR... PASSPORT".

I'm due again in October and I will just be taking my passport.

I did mine a few weeks ago - old system too.

The "new" system, which I've never had the benefit of using, was probably just an experiment that went wrong.

I remember all the arguing about it on here a few months back, so I didn't bother coming back here to report in case someone said I was probably dreaming or held my mouth the wrong way when I went in there LOL.

Edited by tropo

The "new" system, which I've never had the benefit of using, was probably just an experiment that went wrong.

I remember all the arguing about it on here a few months back, so I didn't bother coming back here to report in case someone said I was probably dreaming or held my mouth the wrong way when I went in there LOL.

The PC system was still in use last week, as far as I could see. I will be doing my own reporting in a week or so and will report back.

I think it's an excellent idea. All immigration photocopies and documents should be stored on a PC these days; piles of paper copies are simply insane.

The PC system was still in use last week, as far as I could see. I will be doing my own reporting in a week or so and will report back.

I think it's an excellent idea. All immigration photocopies and documents should be stored on a PC these days; piles of paper copies are simply insane.

Perhaps they only use the new system whenever you're in the house.xbiggrin.png.pagespeed.ic.XhpYJIv77v.png

27 august, lady officer with laptop, no paperwork needed.

28th August only one guy at the desk - signed, stamped and dealt with 5/6 applications in one go without looking at any of the attached paperwork before handing back the passports.

27 august, lady officer with laptop, no paperwork needed.

28th August only one guy at the desk - signed, stamped and dealt with 5/6 applications in one go without looking at any of the attached paperwork before handing back the passports.

Would you be able to explain what is singed and stamped for those of us who have never experienced the new automated process.

Do you get any documentary evidence to prove you've been into report?

Would you be able to explain what is singed and stamped for those of us who have never experienced the new automated process.

For the automated process you present your previous reminder which is pinned in your passport. The official prints out a new form that already contains all your details and then stamps it and attaches it to your passport. You leave.

The procedure and the documentation are exactly as they were under the old system except that the form is filled in for you automatically and you dont need to show any photocopies. The reporting notification serves as your next reminder, exactly as before.

I get the impression that topt was talking about the old procedure, not the new one.

• Like 1

For the automated process you present your previous reminder which is pinned in your passport. The official prints out a new form that already contains all your details and then stamps it and attaches it to your passport. You leave.

The procedure and the documentation are exactly as they were under the old system except that the form is filled in for you automatically and you dont need to show any photocopies. The reporting notification serves as your next reminder, exactly as before.

I get the impression that topt was talking about the old procedure, not the new one.

Correct KK - sorry Tropo for any confusion.

• Like 1