New electric bill and rate

0.69 baht is the current Ft (Fuel Adjustment) charge added to the basic electric rate per unit. The basic rate per unit does vary somewhat/is tiered based on usage.

My last MEA electric bill (for Bangkok area) I got was around two weeks ago and it still looked the same...it showed the different rates per unit based on usage...no change.

Maybe your electric bill comes from PEA or a landlord and it looks different.

0.69 baht is the current Ft (Fuel Adjustment) charge added to the basic electric rate per unit. The basic rate per unit does vary somewhat/is tiered based on usage.

My last MEA electric bill (for Bangkok area) I got was around two weeks ago and it still looked the same...it showed the different rates per unit based on usage...no change.

FT 0.69 Baht applies since may 2014.

FT 0.69 Baht applies since may 2014.

At this MEA webpage you can see the Ft charge going back to 1992...the highest charge was 0.9255 baht for all of 2009 & 2010 and the lowest a minus 0.60 baht back in Jul-Dec 2011 when the Big Flood occurred. The current Ft since May 2014 is 0.69 baht.

The actual cost per unit excluding VAT @ 7% is 4.5787481070167 Baht on my last bill. Here in Moo 9, Banglamung coffee1.gif

Well, that's your cost excluding VAT when dividing "your" total cost by total KWH used, but the basic charge per unit before any Ft, Service Fee, or VAT is added, does vary based on usage. For example I expect the great majority of folks are on the Residential 1.2 Schedule Tariff which has different rates per unit based on your 0-150KWH usage plus your 151-400KWH usage plus your over 400KWH usage...all three rates will compose most folks electric bills if they have the electric service in their name and get billed directly from the electric company. For the MEA (Bangkok area) it's shown below and I expect its almost the same for PEA just like the Ft charge used by MEA and PEA is the same.

For those folks who live in a small room with a small frig, one fan, and one light bulb (no A/C) I expect they may be able to stay in the 0-150KWH usage range per month and end up paying only around 3.2 baht per KWH with Ft/Fees/VAT included.

And this would only apply to folks who have their electric service in their name and get billed directly from the electric company; if getting billed by a middleman/landlord then I expect the cost may be higher since they seem to routinely add in some profit which can be healthy based on some posts I've seen.

For me based on the average amount of KWH I use monthly "this time of year" which is around 2,000 KWH (my family likes air conditioning in multiple rooms), my actual cost per unit including Ft/Fees but excluding VAT was 4.5249 baht on my last bill...but since no one can escape the 7% VAT my actual charge per unit including Ft/Fees/VAT was 4.84 baht per KWH.

post-55970-0-44749500-1409540069_thumb.j

but since no one can escape the 7% VAT my actual charge per unit including Ft/Fees/VAT was 4.84 baht per KWH

that's the reason why i added the "boring" icon when commenting to the posting "excluding VAT" by "akampa" wink.png

my actual rate (all inclusive) is 4.8993 Baht/kWh.

but since no one can escape the 7% VAT my actual charge per unit including Ft/Fees/VAT was 4.84 baht per KWH

that's the reason why i added the "boring" icon when commenting to the posting "excluding VAT" by "akampa" wink.png

I think we should both be energy-conscious until it hurts and see if we can reduce our monthly KWH usage into the 0-150KWH range so we can get away with only paying around 3.2 baht total per KWH. You better try it first because it will take me at least a few months (or possibly years) to wean my family (and me) off A/C. And I think you have a swimming pool at your home which means a circulating pump running a lot...just turn it off....I always see Thais swimming in klongs that have a lovely green and/or brown color to them. tongue.png

Pib, on 01 Sept 2014 - 10:35, said:
Naam, on 01 Sept 2014 - 10:23, said:

I think we should both be energy-conscious until it hurts and see if we can reduce our monthly KWH usage into the 0-150KWH range so we can get away with only paying around 3.2 baht total per KWH. You better try it first because it will take me at least a few months (or possibly years) to wean my family (and me) off A/C. And I think you have a swimming pool at your home which means a circulating pump running a lot...just turn it off....I always see Thais swimming in klongs that have a lovely green and/or brown color to them. tongue.png

It`s do able I have managed to not exceed 150kw/h on a few ocassions this year in April, May did not exceed 150kw/h but we don`t have aircon only fans ,just saw that in Febuary I used 135kw/h total was excluding VAT 490.85 the FT fee was .59 then.

Pib, on 01 Sept 2014 - 10:35, said:
Naam, on 01 Sept 2014 - 10:23, said:

It`s do able I have managed to not exceed 150kw/h on a few ocassions this year in April, May did not exceed 150kw/h but we don`t have aircon only fans ,just saw that in Febuary I used 135kw/h total was excluding VAT 490.85 the FT fee was .59 then.

i never exceed 150kWh per day. even during the hot season my daily consumption is between 130 and 140kWh crying.gif

• Like 1