Phuket mayor, seven others out on bail

webfact

Phuket mayor, seven others out on bail
Tanyaluk Sakoot

1409631541_1-org.jpg
Pian Keesin, is scheduled to hold a press conference this afternoon (September 2).

PHUKET: -- The Pisona eight – the former mayor of Patong, Pian Keesin, his two sons, Preechawut and Patawee, and five associates were released on bail early this morning (September 2).

Pol Maj Gen Krajang Suwannarat, Phuket police commander, told The Phuket News, “Everyone was released on bail at 3am today. They have all been questioned already. Plus, they surrendered to us voluntarily.

“Actually, we have set up 20-30 officials to work on this job. Then, we still can work with ten officials (who are investigator). We must of course assume that they are innocent until proven guilty.

“However the investigation is not over yet. If there is any suggestion of witnesses being intimidated, we can revoke bail. Each has posted bail of B120,000.

“I believe that the investigation should be concluded by September 20.”

This afternoon, Pian and Prab Keesin are scheduled to hold a press conference.

Source: http://www.thephuketnews.com/the-pisona-eight-surrender-then-released-on-bail-48524.php

tpn.jpg
-- Phuket News 2014-09-02

Yeah. The junta has made a big show of arresting some big boys, but the truth of the matter will be if anyone is actually convicted. I won't hold my breath. This is Thailand after all . I am happy for what the general has accomplished so far. But can he really finish it? It's a large task to take on. I hope he sees it through. Time will tell, could be same as the old and the bad guys will quietly return to their lives, and all this will be forgotten. You can usually judge the future by the past.

• Like 2

Possibly a good test case to see if this new wave is merely a circus for public consumption or if it truly has substance. They have dealt the cards ,now we will see how they play the hand.

BTW, 120 K bail is pocket change for this crew.

• Like 1

120.000 is a piece of cake for the former god father, 120 Millions would have made more sense bah.gif

That's very true about 120,000 baht only. But the complete loss of face to the Pian familly will cause must be more pain that a mere 120,000 bail money/person. And the future loss of corrupt revenue will be immense. Not to mention the loss of political clout.

• Like 2

I will be interested to see if he names people in Bangkok that backed him and also got a slice of the pie.

Doubt it thou

the passport thing is a no issue as aren't thais allowed to cross over to Laos and Cambodia for the day wihtout passports and once there out of thailand.....

" However the investigation is not over yet. If there is any suggestion of witnesses being intimidated, we can revoke bail. Each has posted bail of B120,000. "

They say thank you so much Sirs, and tomorrow the witnesses will get some visit ....

That man just looks like a bully and a thug.... and wouldn't you know it, he is.

My Sentiments Too.

A REAL Thug.

I almost posted something suggestive of old school retaliation... it had to do with paying someone that 120,000 baht and the words baseball bat and to his thug mug were in there as well... but I refrained.

Edited by Nowisee

So he still thought he is a big shot in Phuket by holding a press conference? Its amusing what he has to say to the press but one thing for sure he will is ; I am innocent. LOL....

Old habits die hard, and with this family, will probably never die !

By the time his thugs get finished making the rounds to officials and judges in this case...it will likely be thrown out of court...after a few non-corrupt people are found to experienced an untimely death...just more of the same...this is Thailand...

• Like 1

I will be interested to see if he names people in Bangkok that backed him and also got a slice of the pie.

Doubt it thou

the passport thing is a no issue as aren't thais allowed to cross over to Laos and Cambodia for the day wihtout passports and once there out of thailand.....

"I will be interested to see if he names people in Bangkok that backed him and also got a slice of the pie." - I think that is why his son went up to Bangkok, to reassure "influentual people" up there that their secrets are safe with the Keesin Family.

So he still thought he is a big shot in Phuket by holding a press conference? Its amusing what he has to say to the press but one thing for sure he will is ; I am innocent. LOL....

"Its amusing what he has to say to the press but one thing for sure he will is ; I am innocent." - or, another Thai favourite, "It's was just a misunderstanding." :)