Scottish Suicide at South Pattaya Condominium

webfact

Scottish Suicide at South Pattaya Condominium

uk-11.jpg

PATTAYA: -- On Wednesday Afternoon, the body of a 27 year old British National was found in his rented apartment in South Pattaya.

The body of Mr. Michael John White from Glasgow, Scotland, was discovered by Security Guards at the Condominium after the girlfriend of the victim was concerned that she could not get a response after he had locked himself in the toilet for a considerable amount of time.

Mr. White had reportedly created a noose using a shoulder strap from a bag and tied it around a Shower Curtain rail. Despite efforts to resuscitate him he could not be saved. Police soon arrived at the location, a 5th Floor apartment at The Place Condominium in the Pratamnuk Hill area, and were directed to the bathroom by the man’s girlfriend, Khun Pacharee aged 24.

She explained that Mr. White, who works as a Security Guard in UK, had come to Thailand for 3 months and earlier on Wednesday he was seen to engage in a heated argument during a phone call. Khun Pacharee was then told that he had lost his job in UK and could no longer support her and she should leave. She refused to leave as she was concerned for his welfare.

Full story: http://www.pattayaone.net/pattaya-news/146825/scottish-suicide-at-south-pattaya-condominium/

pattaya-one.jpg
-- Pattaya One 2014-09-25

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dear o dear.......27 year old and committing suicide over losing his job ? There may well be much more to this story - but it's still a terrible shame. I don't know what support services exist here - I hope I never need them personally, but I think it would be a big help if the " support services " were made more public for ex. pats - surely some of these suicides could be prevented . He had his all life in front of him !

it might be something the expat community could set up themselves with out the usual leaches looking to get their face in the media every 5 mins.

Shame about the lad. A case of letting Pattaya control you instead of you controlling Pattaya :(

• Like 1

An off-topic and insensitive post removed along with a reply to it.

No more references to Scotland's elections please.

Subsequent to the above note, another post that was exactly that was also removed

Then an insensitive troll post was removed from below all this

• Like 1

Dear o dear.......27 year old and committing suicide over losing his job ? There may well be much more to this story - but it's still a terrible shame. I don't know what support services exist here - I hope I never need them personally, but I think it would be a big help if the " support services " were made more public for ex. pats - surely some of these suicides could be prevented . He had his all life in front of him !

it might be something the expat community could set up themselves with out the usual leaches looking to get their face in the media every 5 mins.

Shame about the lad. A case of letting Pattaya control you instead of you controlling Pattaya sad.png

Where does it say anything about Pattaya having anything to do with the cause of his death. Pattaya was just where he was living at the time. It could just as well been Bangkok or Timbuktu.

RIP young fella.

Edited by Keesters
  • Like 2

Does anyone really know where this man was from?

Pattaya One News states that he was Scottish and living in Glasgow, while the Pattaya Daily News state that he was from and working in Northern Ireland.

Same guy but different stories.

I have to tell you. People really get jumped on when you mention where they are from. This is a very sensitive issue and Scotland, Ireland, Timbuktu having no relativity whatsoever.

Shame about the lad. A case of letting Pattaya control you instead of you controlling Pattaya sad.png

Where does it say anything about Pattaya having anything to do with the cause of his death. Pattaya was just where he was living at the time. It could just as well been Bangkok or Timbuktu.

RIP young fella.

There are an uncommon amount of suicides in Pattaya. It is just very clear. Any references to it are immediately silenced. I wonder. I really do. I wonder.

This is sad.... young guys throwing their lives away.

I think there are a few holes in the story.......possibly his money was running out and he didn't want to leave.

Losing his job was the last straw, although being a security guard, I am surprised he managed to get 3 months off work.

My thought exactly and also a job as a security guard is not that hard to find!

This is sad.... young guys throwing their lives away.

I think there are a few holes in the story.......possibly his money was running out and he didn't want to leave.

Losing his job was the last straw, although being a security guard, I am surprised he managed to get 3 months off work.

My thought exactly and also a job as a security guard is not that hard to find!

Seriously, was not the job.I would immediately fire an employee that did not show up for work for months. I think he knew his job would be at risk the moment he left his (place of residence...). The fact that he was a security guard has no relevance either. It could have been any job at all, with the same outcome.

"Stop the madness" Some of these suicides must be from ex TV members, so what I would say to anyone suicidal is today may be the worst day of your life but tomorrow could be the best day of your life. Stay strong!

And maybe Thaivisa may think of opening a suicidal page on this forum to help these people, think more.

RIP Brother.

• Like 1

"She explained that Mr. White, who works as a Security Guard in UK, had come to Thailand for 3 months and earlier on Wednesday he was seen to engage in a heated argument during a phone call. Khun Pacharee was then told that he had lost his job in UK"

3 months holiday in paradise, security guards are notoriously poorly paid...

I think many Security Guards would be interested to know who he worked for.

Does anyone really know where this man was from?

Pattaya One News states that he was Scottish and living in Glasgow, while the Pattaya Daily News state that he was from and working in Northern Ireland.

Same guy but different stories.

It's no big mystery if you look at his passport picture.

how can a shower curtain rail support his weight?

Not only that.... the height? I never saw one that I could not grab ..standing up.

Do you two know how high was the rail mounted, how tall the victim was and how much he weighed? It's documented in photographs that it happened so why all the conspiracy suggestions.

RIP young fella.

There are an uncommon amount of suicides in Pattaya. It is just very clear. Any references to it are immediately silenced. I wonder. I really do. I wonder.

Silenced! Pattaya had nothing to do with it. You did read the article didn't you? Keep on wondering if you didn't.

• Like 1