Koh Tao: Police look for man in VDO footage as a key to provide clue of murder

webfact

Phone records and internet companies are going to play a major part so this crime can be solved i believe. And that takes time....The police will be able to intercept all calls made round the time, texts msgs sent ect. and what devices were connecting to wireless internet in the area. Or phones connecting to towers on other islands

it's pretty clear from thr cctv footage that the person they are seeking had a mobile phone and so did hannah if her phone was taken.

Also lots of people would have being taking photographs that night they were in AC bar...hopefully the police have asked people to forward any media images they have to them, for clues.

it's a pity the BIB don't think like you, then they would have half a chance of catching the murderers. What you say is right but can they do this, I don't think so, or it would have been done already, backward people do backward things.

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Phone records and internet companies are going to play a major part so this crime can be solved i believe. And that takes time....The police will be able to intercept all calls made round the time, texts msgs sent ect. and what devices were connecting to wireless internet in the area. Or phones connecting to towers on other islands

it's pretty clear from thr cctv footage that the person they are seeking had a mobile phone and so did hannah if her phone was taken.

Also lots of people would have being taking photographs that night they were in AC bar...hopefully the police have asked people to forward any media images they have to them, for clues.

it's a pity the BIB don't think like you, then they would have half a chance of catching the murderers. What you say is right but can they do this, I don't think so, or it would have been done already, backward people do backward things.

If they wanted evidence against the murderer they could have done it.

In Samui a few years ago Katherine Horton's murderer was caught using triangulation and phone records to assist in the inquiry.Technology hasn't gone backwards.

People with influence and cops in their pockets are highly likely to be able to bring down the entire police department on the island with them.

So, if these murderers are being defended by these influential people then it could mean anyone wanting the truth to come out is up against police officers and influential families. Each police officer has a family that will lose it's income etc.

What I'm trying to say is that there may be many people's lives on the line here. Not just the actual murderers. But the families that have helped them get away. The police that have taken bribes, and the families of said police.

The army could gain massive support by going in and hanging them all.. but such an event would be huge in media. Not sure if the army could or wants to handle that kind of publicity.

Like, let's say you had a huge cockroach infestation. Like, billions of them in a room in nice hotel building. Even if you eradicate them. Would you want your guests to know that they used to be there? And what about the other rooms in the building?

• Like 2

WHAT A COCK-UP

The RTP are as much use as a toothache at a train crash.

I used to be proud to admit I was a retired copper.....................

I think I'll tell people I'm a retired boil-sucker or some other respectable profession next time I'm in the LOS.

So two weeks and more than 200 dna tests later and they're STILL looking for the guy in the CCTV!!

Absolutely scandalous.

How can the police be so inept?

Do they not feel the need to seek justice for the victims or is that too much like hard work?

Mai pen rai.

Maybe they have exhausted all their strategies. But we still have them, so there's still hope.

Besides, the MH370's search is still on-going and families are still hoping for a better news...very sad.

I hope they don't capture and jail the wrong person due to their desperation to solve the case.

Unfortunateley that is very easy to do it in every country.....Just think.....Any new convict for murder will confess another one or more crimes in exchange for good money to his family....Probably at this time the Police is looking for that "candidate" more than the real killer....because this guy on video is not on the island anymore....and the Police is lost. No clues. No suspects. And a lot of pressure.

Well said "Stickyrice2000"...

Here is my own take on how this is going to end.....

1. A week or two back the ex headmans family offered 1 million baht if anyone could prove them guilty....no-one has.

2. So we will assume the 1 mil has been handed over to the police......well let's just "assume" it has

3. The police will now "fit" someone up for this crime in exchange for (say) paying him/her 500,000b

4. Once "fitted" and all the finger pointing pictures have been snapped by the media....everyone will breath a sigh of relief and the horrible shocking event will then disappear to page 3 or 4 in the media

5. Meanwhile "fitted up" person will appear in court (story comes back to page 1 in the media for a day purely for "show" - )......brown envelopes will be exchanged (from the remaining 500.000)....and said "fitted up" person will quietly resume where his life left off previous to his "arrest"

OMG if this was not so sad and serious it would nearly be funny. I have read some posts twice to make sure I am right what I am reading. Bob Geldof wrote a song called "Banana Republic septic Isle" about my country Ireland all do with child abuse and how people protected these beasts that were normally priests.

I know Thailand is not a republic but its defiantly septic and someone needs to lance the boil .

this case has become a national embarrassment

whoever the guilty, they are going to be crucified

High publicity doesn't necessarily mean crucifixion. Look at the OJ case. He got off.

Methinks, even if they have good evidence that one (or both) of the headman's sons (and possible their cop friend) are cornered as suspects, they can resort to the following defense: The culprits can say they had consensual sex with the victim, and then some crazy farang drunk came along went bezerk (with jealous rage?) and homicidal.

Most officials want this wrapped up with no onus upon influential Ko Tao family members, so they would be glad to accept a concocted excuse. It doesn't matter whether the Thai Visa farang gang believe the soggy excuse. What counts is what works well enough for subjective Thai jurists and cops. And Thai populace will accept (grudgingly or not) whatever comes down from on high.

A Telecoms expert may be able to confirm this but I thought mobile phones gave out signals that are captured by local cell towers even if a call is not being made. Can anyone confirm this? If so it should be possible to track the journey of Hannah's mobile phone and also to track other phones in the same vicinity, yes?

Edited by NCFC

I've never known a Thai to run anywhere so no shit he's worth looking into. May I suggest the "police" start looking for him at AC Bar?

Wrong, there are lots of runners in Thailand, my Poo Yai Bahn runs every day. In the late 1980's I ran with the PIC (Pattaya International Clinic) running club, we went to races all over Thailand including the Bangkok Marathon (3 hours 14 minutes for me) and three River Kwai Half Marathons (1:29:52 best).

I see runners and bikers training every day.

Sorry to tell you but you are wrong.

I can imagine that poor sucker in a police station photo op with fingers pointing and a deer caught in the headlights look while thinking "I thought running was supposed to be good for my health."

I've never known a Thai to run anywhere so no shit he's worth looking into. May I suggest the "police" start looking for him at AC Bar?

Wrong, there are lots of runners in Thailand, my Poo Yai Bahn runs every day. In the late 1980's I ran with the PIC (Pattaya International Clinic) running club, we went to races all over Thailand including the Bangkok Marathon (3 hours 14 minutes for me) and three River Kwai Half Marathons (1:29:52 best).

I see runners and bikers training every day.

Sorry to tell you but you are wrong.

I can imagine that poor sucker in a police station photo op with fingers pointing and a deer caught in the headlights look while thinking "I thought running was supposed to be good for my health."

Brilliant. Thank you.

why not ask usa goverment for the cell recordings of the island right before & after murders? the usa records all calls, it is legal if no one is targeted. the NSA has all calls in over 85% of the world recorded. but to do that they would have to ask the fbi for help.

arrests are imminent

I just got word

It seems fairly clear now that the true perpetrators are not going to be brought to justice. Disgusting.

But some people know who they are. I hope someone will categorically state what happened and who did it one day. Register a new account and then name and shame these sub-human pieces of garbage.

This smells so bad that the PM must know too that he could bring justice if he really wanted to. So unfortunately it has shown his true lack of ambition for real change also IMO

Edited by bunglebag
  • Like 1

I thought this is the guy who got a negative DNA result in an impossible short time

Interesting - missed that one... He's family with the village chief, right? And how long did it take for the DNA test to clear?

Less than 24 hours!! A week later even the head of the Forensics dept in Bangkok said tests take a minimum of 48 hours.

The cover up going on is so amateurish and full of holes yet still it doesn't matter. Anyone in power who really wanted this solved could do it quick. Surely the army aren't scared of this bunch of beach cowboys? Nor the police from well out of town?

It seems that no-one with any serious power or influence, all the way to the very top, wants to stir up the hornets nest.

Can anyone advise which police force is in charge of the investigation on Koh Tao now?

If this was in the middle of Bangkok , a city with 12 million people, the killers would have been found a long time ago .

But this is a small island, we all know the suspects, how hard can it be?

Wasn't the DNA results due yesterday?

Is this another case of "whoops, not what we wanted. Oh look over there!"

Well, yesterday the police stated that the 800kbaht was too expensive - so you really cant say now can you

Sorry,I am a bit lost here,must have missed something------What is too expensive that costs 800K??

The officials were talking about costs of the DNA testing to be too high.

Wasn't the DNA results due yesterday?

Is this another case of "whoops, not what we wanted. Oh look over there!"

Well, yesterday the police stated that the 800kbaht was too expensive - so you really cant say now can you

Sorry,I am a bit lost here,must have missed something------What is too expensive that costs 800K??

The officials were talking about costs of the DNA testing to be too high.

Sounds like all their funds have been earmarked for buying witnesses instead

Prepared interviewed And DNA The first suspect again. While the male suspect on CCTV on the scene. Disappeared without a trace ..

On 29 September, the National Police Agency. Gen.. Minister Prawit Wongsuwan. Defence as Deputy Prime Minister. Security Not attend And discussed the progress of the murder of two British tourists in Koh Tao, Surat Thani Province. The event in more than two weeks ago, but police have yet to arrest the culprits.

. Gen.. Prawit said the investigation into the operation. Has a continuous Police and tried all he could to find the perpetrator. It is now confirmed that no influential in certain areas.

While Pol.. Chat. Intelligence Maine Pattaya Police. Region 8 revealed that police had checked into a group of people suspected to many groups. The restaurant staff and facilities, including 41 facilities around the scene. It was found that the cause of more than two people and is being extended for a criminal investigation.

"We also suspect that the male suspect on CCTV earlier. After checking other cameras. At the time of the incident Those men had disappeared without a trace. Police believed that the assailant would be a resident of the area. And will be the first suspect. Back to interrogate And DNA again with "Pol.. Chat. Intelligence said.

Pattaya Police. Region 8 states were urged to find the man in the CCTV. I witness the murder of two British tourists in Koh Tao. While collecting DNA samples to more than 400 people to spend over a million baht ...

On September 30, Pol.. Chat. Intelligence Maine Police Commander 8 discusses progress in the hunt for a gangster killing foreign tourists to Koh Tao. District. Thani said today he will sign Koh Tao. To track the progress of the case again. Recently, the could not catch the culprits. However, from the evidence available at this time. I believe that is enough to identify the culprits. Only rely on cooperation from witnesses who witnessed the events in the data.

The introduction of the original suspects. Repeated DNA Is a new beginning But just because there is a possibility. Criminal suspect may be in the group. And what is being tracked right now. Man indicted in camera placement, to strip passing by. Believed to be witness Or in a criminal group We have taken a picture of the man said. Distributed to all households. Help determine the samples urgent.

"For the DNA of the suspect. Each person will have cost about 3 billion baht, while the police have collected DNA samples to more than 400 people to spend more than 1 million baht, "Pol.. Chat. Intelligence said.

NEWS In the afternoon of the day being the same, Mr. King, son of Mr. King Diamond cabinet Cabinet Breed Award lightning or adult is traveling he met police officers at the Police Department. To provide some Including advice on legal matters. The case was inaccurate media coverage as well.

I thought this is the guy who got a negative DNA result in an impossible short time

Interesting - missed that one... He's family with the village chief, right? And how long did it take for the DNA test to clear?

Less than 24 hours!! A week later even the head of the Forensics dept in Bangkok said tests take a minimum of 48 hours.

The cover up going on is so amateurish and full of holes yet still it doesn't matter. Anyone in power who really wanted this solved could do it quick. Surely the army aren't scared of this bunch of beach cowboys? Nor the police from well out of town?

It seems that no-one with any serious power or influence, all the way to the very top, wants to stir up the hornets nest.

Can anyone advise which police force is in charge of the investigation on Koh Tao now?

The three stooges.

The keystone cops

The goomba squad

Pick one of your choice.

My thoughts too. Hundreds of people partying, probably the odd few romancing, dancing, drinking around the beach that night well into the early hours. Hundreds of mobile phones, photos and videos recorded by tourists that night, inside and outside the clubs. Word of mouth, witnesses, victims friends statements, mobile phone records of at least David and Hannah. Last words discussed to friends about plans for the night when heading off alone? A horrific murder scene which left the brutalized bodies, DNA, murder weapons, clothes, shoes, sand markings. On a small island, with a relatively good amount of CCTV from a reported 25 cameras, and to top it off, video evidence of an Asian man just walking and running around the murder scene at the time they were killed. Oh, and he also appears to be wearing the victims shorts.

But they don't know what happened, why, or who done it.

They know full well who the suspect in the photo is!

Worat.jpg

Wow, those dark denim shorts look like the ones that were left behind at the murder scene!

• Like 1

Does anybody have any info at all on the speedboat seen running away from Koh Tao on the morning of the double murder? It was reported to be called "Little Duck". Anybody ever see this boat at Koh Tao before, who is the owner of this speedboat?

The speedboat was reported to have asked a fishing boat for directions to Naiphrao island in Nakhon Sri Thammarat but changed course when a police boat arrived to apprehend it.

Dodgy as, and I'll bet a significant clue. I say that because this line of enquiry has been hushed up by the coppers, as has all other important evidence that implicates the murderers.

Hint. It might belong to someone local, rich or important. Or more likely, all three. Hate to be cynical, but just stating the bleeding obvious.

I did read some where that Hannah's friend said she never saw David or Hannah having an argument with anybody.

Lucaswallachia .... Question for you... Your first post on TV was on sept 20th and have over 160 posts. All of your posts are somehow suggesting that Sean or someone other than Thais or lets say the family was involved. You have been clever in the was you are trying to shift and twist the stories. You have not posted on any other topic that does not pertain to the Koh Tao murders.

Do you live on Koh Tao ?

Are you Thai and involved in this care somehow ?

Edited by ttthailand
  • Like 2

My thoughts too. Hundreds of people partying, probably the odd few romancing, dancing, drinking around the beach that night well into the early hours. Hundreds of mobile phones, photos and videos recorded by tourists that night, inside and outside the clubs. Word of mouth, witnesses, victims friends statements, mobile phone records of at least David and Hannah. Last words discussed to friends about plans for the night when heading off alone? A horrific murder scene which left the brutalized bodies, DNA, murder weapons, clothes, shoes, sand markings. On a small island, with a relatively good amount of CCTV from a reported 25 cameras, and to top it off, video evidence of an Asian man just walking and running around the murder scene at the time they were killed. Oh, and he also appears to be wearing the victims shorts.

But they don't know what happened, why, or who done it.

They know full well who the suspect in the photo is!

attachicon.gifWorat.jpg

Is that Worat? or Worat's brother? Either way the hair and build is a very good fit for the cctv guy

• Like 1

There are a few TV members posting that have just joined since the Koh Tao murders took place. Some of these are trying to twist the facts and injecting information that is not correct, Such as the 70% DNA match as an example. These members are only posting on the Koh Tao topics, why ? Are they involved ? Are they paid by someone to twist things ? Take a look at the TV profile of those who are supporting the family and trying to shift attention. Are they reporters, family members, family friends, family legal team, or is it just me going crazy.

Maybe nothing but sure worth a look.

Could be further proof that there is a cover up going on.

• Like 2