Thailand mulls ID wristbands, curfews for tourists

webfact

I suggest that they get ID numbers or barcodes tattooed on the wrists, and give us all a coloured armband based on our nationality. Perhaps put us in a barbed wire fenced off area for our own protection as well.

My same thoughts, treat the tourist like prisoners, and they will come Flocking to Thailand giggle.gif

• Replies 688
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Biting my tongue so hard not to get banned from this forum.

I have dismissed the comments before when we talk about the people that run this country are _ _ _ _ _ d.

Now I have to think twice.

Beef up the police force employ staff that know what they are doing and that have loyalty and commitment to do their job then the criminals may think twice.

Don't penalise innocent holiday tourists.

• Like 1

It never ceases to amaze me what I read on this forum next will be....

"Aliens have landed and were quickly approached by a mob of angry Thais accusing them of taking their jobs and that their spacecraft is on Thai soil and that they should pay rent now or just leave. Said aliens were admitted to Thai owned hospital and were immediately asked for money when huge shiny rocks resembling the largest diamonds ever seen and advanced technology was proffered but this was rejected by the hospital head who said only Thai money is good and they can go back to their own planet and maybe come back next year"

Back on their own planet they said "We tried to show them how they can move at the speed of light but all they said was that was a farang business and you should go to farang country for that because farangs cannot do that type of technology in Thailand.

You left out taking their Rice too giggle.gif

W t F ??? Now a tsunami of senseless activism rolls over tourists in Thailand. What exactly should these wrist bands achieve? Oh yeah - the victim can be identified within a few seconds while the murderer (without wristband of course, because he is Thai) is on the run... Put the Thais on a leash for crying out loud! post-4641-1156693976.gif

• Like 1

Wrist bands will only be handed out after the compulsory 2 day OHS lecture, fail the quiz at the completion of the lecture and it's back home on the first available plane. This will ensure only quality tourists will be admitted to Thailand.

Your on an island, how about putting electronic devices on the workers and wrist bands so usour the tourist can ID them. All others (Thai's), on curfew because they do not have enough money to act like a tourist unless they have robbed you of your cash and meet Russians and let they copy your ATM card.

Electronic tracking, are they water proof to 10 meters and what is the deposit?

Its actually not a bad idea, many resorts in the Caribbean and Mediterranean have similar coloured wrist bands for hotel resorts and all inclusive packages. So that tourists can enter associated resorts, beaches and restaurants etc.

RFID chips are so small that people wouldn't even know they are in the wrist bands, but an RFID chip can be tracked to the nearest meter by GPS.

Some country have considered RFID chips in kids clothing and school bags so parents can track them at all times.

Its a little bit 'Big Brother' style oversight but whats the harm......if it creates a more safer environment. Although i am not sure how many people actually get lost out of the multi-million tourist who come to Thailand.

In my youth i used to hire a buddy every night to get me home safely.Some were that happy to get me home,they stayed the whole night. Don't know about id bracelets,but i grab the hotel card,works for me.One time at i arrived late and left my bag at reception and bolted to Nana then Thermae.Stayed a bit longer than planned and forgot where i was staying,3rd time lucky.Embarrassing asking staff if staying or not.When i arrived at Dynasty staff whizzed me straight up stairs.That never happened again.

Wonder what the fine will be for not wearing one?

Ha ha, yes indeed. Another money maker for the BiB.

Can anyone see anyone wanting to wear a band on their wrist that says....."Hey over here, I just landed"...I think most will feel that the wristband will attract the wrong sort of attention. What a wast.

"Tourism and Sports Minister Kobkarn Wattanavrangkul said she had approached hotels over the idea of handing out wristbands to help identify tourists that get lost or into trouble."

Or make them stand out even more as a target as well as letting assailants know where they are staying and their passport details.

Absolute genius.

Exactly! This is also an admission of inability to protect tourists without some extreme measure. No one wants to be tagged and tracked like a criminal!

The one downfall of the current world is passage of law as a reaction to social media outcry. It's killing mankind and freedom as a whole.

Hello Hello ! Has all fools day come early ! Cannot believe that someone has come up with such a stupid idea but that's why all the adverts for tourism state " AMAZING THAILAND " I would rather they spend the money on finding the killers of these dreadful murders .

Whate ever....when ever.....there is crime commited........foreigners first.

Typical victimising a whole nation as there tourist getting drunk, wearing bikini's or even provoke Thainess lads.

not a word abou.......t, hey ? com'on people, we love the dollars, lets give them a real good time and respect our tourist industry.

NO...it needs an army to clean up house and restore order, if they don't this whole circus is destroying their reputation for them.

Again I ask - where are the army ? No literally - where are they ?

Yes, I agree!!! We are supposed to be under Martial Law!! I don't see any evidence of it!! I thought it meant that the military keep law & order?! What does it really mean here?

Whate ever....when ever.....there is crime commited........foreigners first.

Typical victimising a whole nation as there tourist getting drunk, wearing bikini's or even provoke Thainess lads.

not a word abou.......t, hey ? com'on people, we love the dollars, lets give them a real good time and respect our tourist industry.

NO...it needs an army to clean up house and restore order, if they don't this whole circus is destroying their reputation for them.

Again I ask - where are the army ? No literally - where are they ?

Yes, I agree!!! We are supposed to be under Martial Law!! I don't see any evidence of it!! I thought it meant that the military keep law & order?! What does it really mean here?

That a different group has got their noses in the trough !rolleyes.gif

• Like 1