NGO questions if the two Myanmar suspects are scapegoats

Lite Beer

A post trying to anonymously post content from Phuket Wan has been removed post-4641-1156693976.gif.pagespeed.ce.Jg :

26) The Bangkok Post and Phuketwan do not allow quotes from their news articles or other material to appear on Thaivisa.com. Neither do they allow links to their publications. Posts from members containing quotes from or links to Bangkok Post or Phuketwan publications will be deleted from the forum.

These restrictions are put in place by the above publications, not Thaivisa.com

• Replies 506
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hannah's phone was planted, a friend of hers handed it in the next day, photo's on CSI La page. !

Who said that the phone found in the bushes was the girl's phone?

All articles seems to say "phone of the victim", and BangkokPost clearly say

"Police searched Win's residence on Thursday and found a mobile phone belonging to one of the two victims nearby"

So? Why not the guy's phone?

Why not David's phone? Here's why;

Pol Gen Somyot said today that investigators found Hannah Witheridge's mobile phone near Wyn's living quarters last night.

Since the police want us to have faith in their investigation, I'll believe what he said!

Ok, so now what is the color of the phone they found?

Hannah-Win-Phone2.JPG

Sorry, but doesn'n look like a PINK phone to me... rolleyes.gif

But on the video from ch7 Friday 7am when they turn the phone it is in a dark blue case matching Hannah's phone handed to the police by her friend and matching the phone she is pictured with in the lotus bar photo.

Hannah's phone was planted, a friend of hers handed it in the next day, photo's on CSI La page. !

"Police searched Win's residence on Thursday and found a mobile phone belonging to one of the two victims nearby"

Pol Gen Somyot said today that investigators found Hannah Witheridge's mobile phone near Wyn's living quarters last night.

Since the police want us to have faith in their investigation, I'll believe what he said!

Hannah-Win-Phone2.JPG

Please don't apologise. I publicly posted many hours ago that I no longer believed the phone was an issue and moved way ahead.

For a moment, role-play in your mind that you have a knife in your hand.

Now imagine that you are going to attack another person who is laying face down and you want them dead.

Get the picture in your mind......

Where did you stab the other person?

Surely you didn't stab them in the skull several times? Who does that with a knife? Surely when someone attacks with a knife it's to the abdomen, torso or neck. But to keep stabbing the skull and below the eye socket?

Come on. Think about every movie you've ever seen where someone is stabbed. What percentage was in the back or stomach? What percentage was in the skull?

Now replay the same scene but this time you have a hoe as a weapon. How best to neutralise that person? I reckon a couple of swift blows to the head would do it. The glancing strikes could injure others parts of the body too.

I'm no longer convinced there was another weapon and this is a turn around on my earlier opinion.

Interested to hear what people think.

Looks like this story is on its way out. Theres been no new coverage in the papers

57,000 views to this thread make your dreams vanish..Looks like the murderers on Koh Tao will suffer via $$$$ and people boycotting the place....

Thai social media is rife with the latest true story of how the son of the owner raped a victim from the UK 2 years before, jumped out of her window without supplying DNA yet again, 12 stitches in his foot when he landed on glass...Now we're covering up necrophiliacs...pooor koh Tao...time for the bull dozers..

Dna test the family and let's play fair...otherwise boycott the place..

• Like 2

Sean McAnna has been the subject of a lot of speculation. Did he really get involved either directly or as a witness or was he just a loudmouth who accused people without really knowing anything?

I reckon we can safely say he enjoys indulging in the alcohol. Look at him drinking from a bucket the evening after the murders. He also said he was drunk the night the two Thai men sat down with him for a chat.

Though Sean frantically posted that the bar owner was the culprit, he later said that he only suspected the bar owner did it.

I know a lot of people have said that everyone on the island knew who the real murderers were, but really? At 4am most locals are actually asleep believe it or not. They're supposed to wake in the morning knowing who committed the crime? In reality, only a very few people know absolutely who they were- the perpetrators and witnesses to the actual act. Anyone else is going off rumours or guessing.

Thoughts?

Your thoughts on whether the 2 sons of Mon should be DNA tested...

Thoughts on why the CCTV in bkk was cleary photoshopped,

thoughts on why Mon didn't offer a reward to find the killers, just a million to prove his family didn't do it...

Thoughts on why Dna has not been taken from all police in the sation 40 metres form the scene...

Thoughts on the 9 burmese who we're questioned and tortured with boiling water...

Thoughts on why the Sons didn't provide DNA for previous rapes on Koh Tao, not the first time it's happened, just the first time they didn't have enough time to dispose of their sins.....

My thoughts on Thailand and especially the mafia Koh Tao.... Losers with no heart..

Som num Na... you just lost all your face and money at the same time.....Sickos...

Hannah-Win-Phone2.JPG

Please don't apologise. I publicly posted many hours ago that I no longer believed the phone was an issue and moved way ahead.

maybe this one

post-220854-0-24015400-1412533480_thumb.

post-220854-0-27163300-1412533572_thumb.

Edited by sabaitoo

Looks like this story is on its way out. Theres been no new coverage in the papers

57,000 views to this thread make your dreams vanish..Looks like the murderers on Koh Tao will suffer via $$$$ and people boycotting the place....

Thai social media is rife with the latest true story of how the son of the owner raped a victim from the UK 2 years before, jumped out of her window without supplying DNA yet again, 12 stitches in his foot when he landed on glass...Now we're covering up necrophiliacs...pooor koh Tao...time for the bull dozers..

Is the story of previous form of Owner's son in English anywhere?

Also saw yesterday that Mon has been has previous form for harassing female tourists but the link was to a long Thai article. Again, anyone heard this and got any info about it in English?

• Like 1

Hannah-Win-Phone2.JPG

maybe this one

Excellent. both phones accounted for now. This pretty much confirms that the police are carrying out a sticth up, and quite poorly too. The police responsible should take the place of the 2 Burmese scapegoats, along with the true guilty parties

• Like 2

Is the story of previous form of Owner's son in English anywhere?

Also saw yesterday that Mon has been has previous form for harassing female tourists but the link was to a long Thai article. Again, anyone heard this and got any info about it in English?

In English no, but can confirm there is a lot of chat on Thai media now about a lass who was raped on Koh Tao 2 years ago, managed to "escape" he country...Stil no DNA tests for the family, shame Thailand, the world will know....the truth hurts sometimes...

Hannah-Win-Phone2.JPG

But on the video from ch7 Friday 7am when they turn the phone it is in a dark blue case matching Hannah's phone handed to the police by her friend and matching the phone she is pictured with in the lotus bar photo.

There's an article in the closed string of news articles in the Thai News section here that was posted perhaps yesterday. It says that the police now say that the phone they recovered was David's, not Hannahs. I don't know if that has any significance, but they are no longer claiming to have found Hannah's phone near that apartment.

Ok, time for us to put out money where our mouths (fingers) are. Please join me in donating to Andy Hall to help ensure the accused get the defense to which they are entitled.

http://andyjhall.wordpress.com/

All who are interested in justice no matter what your views on the BIB should contribute to this. It's the least we can do.

Ok

one more thing about Sean Mcanna

When he was in the tuk tuk trying to leave, he very prominently displayed his guitar showing the blood

He didn't wipe it off, or make any effort to hide the guitar

Why show the bloody guitar? Isn't there a message there?

Edited by fish fingers

laugh if 2 innocent people get punished?

yea its a big laugh

like to see you laughing if you were one of them

I will laugh so hard if its a set up. I hope it isn't.

Keep your shirt on. If its proven its a set up then they will be proven innocent.

Yes but as Thailand has death penalty, they may have already been executed when the real killer/killers are found.

Sean McAnna has been the subject of a lot of speculation. Did he really get involved either directly or as a witness or was he just a loudmouth who accused people without really knowing anything?

I reckon we can safely say he enjoys indulging in the alcohol. Look at him drinking from a bucket the evening after the murders. He also said he was drunk the night the two Thai men sat him down for a chat.

Though Sean frantically posted that the bar owner was the culprit, he later said that he only suspected the bar owner did it.

I know a lot of people have said that everyone on the island knew who the real murderers were, but really? At 4am most locals are actually asleep believe it or not. They're supposed to wake in the morning knowing who committed the crime? In reality, only a very few people know absolutely who they were- the perpetrators and witnesses to the actual act. Anyone else is going off rumours or guessing.

Thoughts?

Have you seen his interview that looked like it was in the back of a taxi / tuktuk? two points I want to bring up, the first is body language. There are many areas to look at when trying to work out someone through body language, one point by itself is not sufficient, such as eye movement. If anybody is an expert on the subject watch that video, I know a fair bit but not enough. Secondly, I do know about stimulants and he looks string out after being on stimulants, his eyes and face in general appear to me as being someone who has been on something like meth.

Or someone who has had his life threatened by gangsters?

Sorry to disappoint you, but there was quite a long section on this on Thai PBS. They were focussing on the mobile phone cover up which is great news. If the Thai press are starting to ask questions it will only add weight to the argument that this needs proper investigation and clarity rather than the bull we are being constantly fed.

• Like 1

If the weapon really was a push dagger, blade about an inch long, then piercing the skull is probably the most effective way of killing someone with it. Perhaps the attacker and victim were having a stand up fist fight - victim went to the ground after a couple of strikes to the face and the attacker dealt the final blows to the back of the head.

Who knows but I'm sure if he was hit with the sharp end of the hoe the wounds wouldn't look like that.

For a moment, role-play in your mind that you have a knife in your hand.

Now imagine that you are going to attack another person who is laying face down and you want them dead.

Get the picture in your mind......

Where did you stab the other person?

Surely you didn't stab them in the skull several times? Who does that with a knife? Surely when someone attacks with a knife it's to the abdomen, torso or neck. But to keep stabbing the skull and below the eye socket?

Come on. Think about every movie you've ever seen where someone is stabbed. What percentage was in the back or stomach? What percentage was in the skull?

Now replay the same scene but this time you have a hoe as a weapon. How best to neutralise that person? I reckon a couple of swift blows to the head would do it. The glancing strikes could injure others parts of the body too.

I'm no longer convinced there was another weapon and this is a turn around on my earlier opinion.

Interested to hear what people think.

I reckon we can safely say he enjoys indulging in the alcohol. Look at him drinking from a bucket the evening after the murders. He also said he was drunk the night the two Thai men sat down with him for a chat.

Thoughts?

I agree with your conclusion.

Thanks to Sean McAnnas behaviour on social media and what he reported , the speculations started to grow bigger end bigger.

He could have been too drunk to remember for all we know.

And local Thais loves to gossip , but they are just guessing, statements posted here on Thaivisa that 'everyone' on the island knows who did it is difficult to understand and as you say most people are at sleep 4 am in the morning.

So many rumors and few facts make this whole case looks like it is today.

A post containing content from Phuket Wan has been removed:

26) The Bangkok Post and Phuketwan do not allow quotes from their news articles or other material to appear on Thaivisa.com. Neither do they allow links to their publications. Posts from members containing quotes from or links to Bangkok Post or Phuketwan publications will be deleted from the forum.

These restrictions are put in place by the above publications, not Thaivisa.com

I normally do not have much time for NGO's, however something just smelled fishy about this case from the get go.

Corruption or not, the way the Thai police / government have handled this, it certainly gives good reason for the case to be handed over to a third party for an independent investigation.

Thoughts?

Thanks to Sean McAnnas behaviour on social media and what he reported , the speculations started to grow bigger end bigger.

And local Thais loves to gossip , but they are just guessing, statements posted here on Thaivisa that 'everyone' on the island knows who did it is difficult to understand and as you say most people are at sleep 4 am in the morning.

I was following McAnna's facebook posts as he was posting them. No grammar or spelling mistakes at all - very coherent. Not like a typical heavily drunken text. He may have been drunk but he wasn't *that* drunk.

Just because 'everyone' on the island knows who did it doesn't mean they all had to witness it does it? Word will travel fast in a small tight community

• Like 1

Thoughts?

I was following McAnna's facebook posts as he was posting them. No grammar or spelling mistakes at all - very coherent. Not like a typical heavily drunken text. He may have been drunk but he wasn't *that* drunk.

Just because 'everyone' on the island knows who did it doesn't mean they all had to witness it does it? Word will travel fast in a small tight community

After living in Thailand for 4 years I am fully aware that words or rumors will travel fast in a small community . But most of it is gossip , Thais are afraid of losing face and will not confront someone they are suspicious about, instead they talk bad about that person , but it doesnt have to be the truth , even if the "whole village" talks about it.