Manchester City

mrbojangles

Great game last night but city were handed two goals by a very careless Liverpool !!!!!!!!!!! Mario looked lost on the pitch and I was amazed when he went down so easy after such a little push by the 17 tear old teenage sensation Raheem Stirling who is half his size !!!!!

i think City's biggest problem is their Champions hang-over and being Champions means ever team they play is going to sweat blood to stop them doing it again. Every team will up their game for City like no other season.

Okay they have a big squad, but I sort of have to agree with Mancini, because of the above his team needs to be better than last season. As they have endless funds I don't understand why he has not been given more to make sure of this.

Theres no reason why the owners shouldn't expect their manager to make do with his incumbant squad. If Mancini says he can't (i haven't heard he has btw) then he should find another profession.

sure there is. alex ferguson is one. he's always strengthened from a position of strength - win the title, don't rest on your laurels and bring in a couple of expensive additions to the squad. freshens things up, keeps the players on their toes, acknowledges that your rivals are certainly going to be strengthening themselves too.

i'm sure mancini would have liked to move on the likes of adebayor, santa cruz, wayne bridge, de jong, maybe a couple more, and reinvest that money.

• Like 1

Theres no reason why the owners shouldn't expect their manager to make do with his incumbant squad. If Mancini says he can't (i haven't heard he has btw) then he should find another profession.

sure there is. alex ferguson is one. he's always strengthened from a position of strength - win the title, don't rest on your laurels and bring in a couple of expensive additions to the squad. freshens things up, keeps the players on their toes, acknowledges that your rivals are certainly going to be strengthening themselves too.

i'm sure mancini would have liked to move on the likes of adebayor, santa cruz, wayne bridge, de jong, maybe a couple more, and reinvest that money.

Missed my point. I purely saying that in the real world (which premier league football isn't) he shouldn't use it as a genuine excuse. That would be pathetic with that squad. Ofcourse as the coach he would want every and any top player were it possible. I'm just sick of some managers blaming their more obvious shortcomings on the basis of not spending enough. Some of them have just been doing a sh1t job but all you ever hear now when they don't keep winning is that they didn't spend enough, and so it goes on.

Missed my point. I purely saying that in the real world (which premier league football isn't) he shouldn't use it as a genuine excuse. That would be pathetic with that squad. Ofcourse as the coach he would want every and any top player were it possible. I'm just sick of some managers blaming their more obvious shortcomings on the basis of not spending enough. Some of them have just been doing a sh1t job but all you ever hear now when they don't keep winning is that they didn't spend enough, and so it goes on.

i don't think that's what mancini is saying though really. i think he's more pissed off at brian marwood's interference and telling him how to do his job than anything else.

point about strengthening from a position of strength still stands though - city owners will want to retain the title and be better in europe. chelsea just spent money and got stronger, man united just spent money and got stronger, city bought jack rodwell to replace the probably leaving de jong.

i don't think that's what mancini is saying though really. i think he's more pissed off at brian marwood's interference and telling him how to do his job than anything else.

point about strengthening from a position of strength still stands though - city owners will want to retain the title and be better in europe. chelsea just spent money and got stronger, man united just spent money and got stronger, city bought jack rodwell to replace the probably leaving de jong.

That would be fair enough i agree. I don't think people should be too harsh on Marwood without knowing whats his remit is from the owners. If he is just supposed to go in and secure a player at all costs , reardless of anything and as quick as poss then i understand Mancini's annoyance but if he has been told that he now has to try and find a modicom of value for money and drive a harder bargain then he has a very dificult job.

That would be fair enough i agree. I don't think people should be too harsh on Marwood without knowing whats his remit is from the owners. If he is just supposed to go in and secure a player at all costs , reardless of anything and as quick as poss then i understand Mancini's annoyance but if he has been told that he now has to try and find a modicom of value for money and drive a harder bargain then he has a very dificult job.

Just reading that the deal for Scott Sinclair has broken down, I think it is 6 million quid Swansea were after

One thing you cant accuse our arch-moaning boss of moaning about. Wenger never blames individual players, never blames the lack of money (other than saying that others are squandering it).

• Like 1

I suspect the beginning of the end for Marwood.

He has well and truly screwed up the Transfer Window this time round.

Cant even sort the 'simple' deal of Sinclair!!

We will still be tough to beat this year, but CL is gonna have to wait another year...shame

We will still be tough to beat this year, but CL is gonna have to wait another year...shame

Totally agree jack. As others have stated, the other challenging teams have strengthened and we haven't. We will be tough to beat in the prem but even if we don't get another group of death, I can't see much improvement on the CL this year.

Totally agree jack. As others have stated, the other challenging teams have strengthened and we haven't. We will be tough to beat in the prem but even if we don't get another group of death, I can't see much improvement on the CL this year.

I have to believe that this window instructions from above were to improve the team but be mindful of Fair Play rules. Which means Marwood should have been working his ars off to get things sorted. Every BIG guy we have gone for we have failed...... thats down to Marwood.

The only good news appears to be that we have got the Serbian defender from Fiorentina with the numpty Savic going the other way.

To the fans of non-moneybags teams Man Citys restraint so far in the Summer window is very encouraging (in contrast to Chelski). Perhaps Fair Play will work after all. Perhaps sanity can be restored.

Football needs to work at bigging up the under-19 competitions among senior clubs and the FA needs to restore some balance by insisting on at least 50% home country players being registered at this level.

Edited by SantiSuk

To the fans of non-moneybags teams Man Citys restraint so far in the Summer window is very encouraging (in contrast to Chelski). Perhaps Fair Play will work after all. Perhaps sanity can be restored.

Football needs to work at bigging up the under-19 competitions among senior clubs and the FA needs to restore some balance by insisting on at least 50% home country players being registered at this level.

I thought it was a u21 competition? and last night Man utd 2 spurs 1, Macheda with both united goals, and a special mention to Josh King his pace up front is something else,,also our Pikey played and look ok.

I thought it was a u21 competition? and last night Man utd 2 spurs 1, Macheda with both united goals, and a special mention to Josh King his pace up front is something else,,also our Pikey played and look ok.

Evans and Fletcher had 90 minutes to nev thumbsup.gif

Lokks like a done deal with Sinclair, now that we have upped the fee to 8mil including add-ons. If someone is worth 8mil with only a year left on their contract what is their real worth? Whatever it is, I don't think this is a good signing whatsoever. Hopefully he will prove me wrong.

Lokks like a done deal with Sinclair, now that we have upped the fee to 8mil including add-ons. If someone is worth 8mil with only a year left on their contract what is their real worth? Whatever it is, I don't think this is a good signing whatsoever. Hopefully he will prove me wrong.

I think the reason the price went up, is that Marwood and his boys were fannying around, saying they were going to do the deal in a way that Swansea didnt like. It was taking them too long, so Swansea (fair play to them) upped the ante!!

I think we are both agreed on Johnson.... doesnt heed advice, party boy etc. Although Sinclair is not as gifted, I think his work ethic is far better, attitude is probably more to Mancinis liking, and certainly will chase back more than Johnson ever did. Time will tell. Not a top drawer signing for sure.

I will be more upset if De Jong goes!!

Same here with DeJong jack.

It looks like he has gone chaps,and you have got Maicon from Inter pending medical.

Javi Garcia from Benfica mooted around 24M

Santa Cruz going to Malaga

Edited by MrRed