PM Prayut calls on all sides to eliminate conflicts and create unity

webfact

I recently heard a commentary that there are essentially 2 ways to resolve conflict - by talking or by fighting.

Since talking honestly about the issues in Thailand is criminalized, there remains only one alternative.

Which is what makes the current situation a bad one for the country.

• Like 1

Complete neglect over the last 3 years, some inroads as now, slow process. N Ireland wasn't sorted in 6 months.

NI wasn`t "sorted" by one side overthrowing the other in a coup, stiffling free speech and arresting anyone with an opposing view.

It`s a fair assumption it won`t work in Thailand also and it`s complete failure is already evident.

Anyone who can`t see the current situation as the death throes of the Thai elite really is a fool. "Thaksin is a *******, whilst quite true, is completely irrelevant and heres hoping the masses can finally claim some of the countrys wealth for themselves when the inevitable fall comes over the coming couple of years.

Doom and gloom again, persevere it is the only way. if not build a Berlin wall or a ship canal straight across.

Doom and gloom again, persevere it is the only way. if not build a Berlin wall or a ship canal straight across.

I have absolutely no idea what that even means. The only bit that is partly comprehensible is "doom and gloom."

What`s there to be positive about? The economy is failing, corruption is blossoming and free speech is banned. Thailand is seen as a joke overseas and watching Prayuth try to shake the Swiss Presidents hand shows Thailands new world position. The only light at the end of the tunnel is the quiet murmur of dissent which grows by the day.

• Like 1

"...the overall the situation in the Northeastern region remains peaceful despite the presence of those who disagree with the administration's view." Yeah, there are people in the region who don't agree with the administration's "view." The other two people in the region support the administration completely. thumbsup.gif

• Like 1

It is good to see the Junta bringing unity.

One can be assured that bringing peace to Bangkok, removing illegal weapons from the streets, making mass arrests of terrorists while the previous govt had let the lawless activities go unhindered was a welcome change for the people.

Had the previous govt spent more time fighting corruption instead of creating it and fighting lawlessness instead of ignoring it then the coup wouldn't have been.

I see only unity in Thailand on the whole. There is only a very vocal 7% group that don't agree. Well that 7% is a majority if you gauge it on "All the people I know don't like the Junta"!!!

What are you smoking ? It can't be legal.

It is in Colorado/Holland/Portugal etc and hopefully here soon.

Perhaps it could play a part in the generals happiness for all scheme.

I think that the people may be more prone to unity if the current administration would lead by example in actions and not just propaganda.

Where is the war against corruption, it is still where it always was, being brought to bear on the little people. It would be heartening to see some rounds put in to some of the belligerent fat cats and so called influential people.