Pheu Thai legal aide asks PM to probe anti-corruption agency on FSRA

webfact

Mr T & others who were on the inside must have amassed huge fortunes from this & seems like it will never be investigated. The crisis was actually precipitated by the fall of the Bangkok Bank of Commerce & after years of court proceedings Saxena was finally repatriated back to Thailand from Canada to face charges. I know he has appeared in court but has he been sentenced or is this going to fade quietly away.

Strange that anything that involves Dr. T always reeks of corruption and he or his family always profit vastly from it.

Only strange if it's fictional. The asset disposal scam was managed by Chuan government. It was so full of irregularities, broken rules and questionable transactions that the DSI levied 10 charges against Chuan. Big question was why the assets were sold at heavily discounted price and who benefited. The case has been sitting in the shelves and gathering dust for years inspite of pressure from Thaksin and the Red Shirts. Yes, the case reeks of corruption and only Chuan will know who benefitted vastly from this scam.

Who, allegedly of course, shipped out crate loads of dollars before the artificially high baht devalued? All mixed up the those strange and tumultuous events.

The amount of this scam was mammoth at almost 500B Baht in 1997. Extrapolate that amount to current times, it exceed the rice scheme case investigated by NACC. Thaksin did ordered an investigation to the big loss of asset price and the dodgy unexplained reasons why the they were sold at ridicously low prices. Who during the Chuan administration benefited from this fire sale? Are there corruption involved. Yet the case was procrastinated and investigations were blocked by the investigating agencies. The NACC has lots to answer for not pursuing this big scam.

Yes, please tell us all WHO benefitted from the fire sale.

I am sure that you have all the knowledge at your fingertips and can't wait to spill the beans on who it really was.

Well go ahead IF you can and name the names but be sure that you name EVERYONE regardless of who their Daddy is, what their prior position was or even how rich they were.

Of course if you cannot because you have no idea and are just trying to stir the pot, it is no more tahn can be expected from you.

Poor try to deflect the topic.

offtopic2.gif.pagespeed.ce.kcjFR6YG46.gixofftopic.gif.pagespeed.ic.ifZtFTWxj3.pn

Isn't this a dumb and stupid question to ask? We don't know which is why people like Khun Ruangkrai is pressuring the DSI to open the case. The culprits are getting away and you accused me of deflecting the topic. Seem you see corruption in different Coloured glasses. Tell you, the questionable fire sales were managed by Chuan government not Thaksin. Now you can speculate on the culprits.

So why didn't PTP or TRT pursue these culprits vigorously when in power? Why not use lapdog Tharit of the DSI for instance? He'd do anything they told him.

Talking of culprits getting away, how come PTP didn't vigorously chase convicted fugitives, especially those with a very large number of additional more serious charges waiting and try and have them extradited? Instead they issued and personally delivered a new Thai (maybe even diplomatic) passport as a birthday present. How sweet. Their owner must have been so pleased. Then they try and ram through an amnesty to whitewash all his crimes so he can return a free man with all charges and convictions dismissed. Different colored glasses - the Shin see everything their way, and only their way.

• Like 1

RE Eric Loh #29

Who, me, a troll?

I am asking YOU the question as YOU are the one who is bleating on and on about Chuan and the Democrats and an "alleged fire sale" and not me.

All I am asking is if you KNOW that has been going on and YOU have the proof then do something about it instead of posting unsubstantiated rumours as usual and trying badly to deflect the topic.

In basic English. Put your money where your mouth is. If you cannot then cease and desist your ceaseless drivel.

• Like 1

Only strange if it's fictional. The asset disposal scam was managed by Chuan government. It was so full of irregularities, broken rules and questionable transactions that the DSI levied 10 charges against Chuan. Big question was why the assets were sold at heavily discounted price and who benefited. The case has been sitting in the shelves and gathering dust for years inspite of pressure from Thaksin and the Red Shirts. Yes, the case reeks of corruption and only Chuan will know who benefitted vastly from this scam.

If there is a scam, and there is a member of the "Family" involved, even a village idiot full of lao khao knows who benefited from it. whistling.gif

An idiot full of Lao Khai will know that there are lots of corrupted families that have benefitted from scams and corruptions; not a family.

That's true enough. Many do prosper from the webs of corruption that blight Thailand. But one family seem to have more convictions than most, and always seem to be somehow involved in most if not all scams. Almost like they want to treat the country and its tax payers' money as a wholly owned business subsidiary. whistling.gif

RE Eric Loh #29

Who, me, a troll?

I am asking YOU the question as YOU are the one who is bleating on and on about Chuan and the Democrats and an "alleged fire sale" and not me.

All I am asking is if you KNOW that has been going on and YOU have the proof then do something about it instead of posting unsubstantiated rumours as usual and trying badly to deflect the topic.

In basic English. Put your money where your mouth is. If you cannot then cease and desist your ceaseless drivel.

In fact part of the new forum rule introduced on 2014-10-20 reads -

"Any posts which can be construed as rumor mongering are not allowed."

RE Eric Loh #29

Who, me, a troll?

My ceaseless drivel is a reply to your senseless innuedos. Do I have proof? There were enough proofs for the DSI to level 10 charges on questionable transactions, irregularities and broken rules. Said all that in my post but you chose to continue to troll. I tell you what is unsubstantiated. That is the rumor of Thaksin crates of USD shipping out. That's from your fellow junta supporter. Why don't you question him for proof?

RE Eric Loh #29

Who, me, a troll?

My ceaseless drivel is a reply to your senseless innuedos. Do I have proof? There were enough proofs for the DSI to level 10 charges on questionable transactions, irregularities and broken rules. Said all that in my post but you chose to continue to troll. I tell you what is unsubstantiated. That is the rumor of Thaksin crates of USD shipping out. That's from your fellow junta supporter. Why don't you question him for proof?

I can't find any information on those "10 charges" leveled by the DSI. Do you any links to some information on any of them?

• Like 1

RE Eric Loh #29

Who, me, a troll?

I can't find any information on those "10 charges" leveled by the DSI. Do you any links to some information on any of them?

Some background here and mention of "10 instances of irregularities by the FRA board members in the case involving Layman Brother Holdings and Global Thai Property."

http://cloud-computing.tmcnet.com/news/2006/11/17/2088416.htm

Some background here and mention of "10 instances of irregularities by the FRA board members in the case involving Layman Brother Holdings and Global Thai Property."

http://cloud-computing.tmcnet.com/news/2006/11/17/2088416.htm

Thanks for that. I was looking for charges that had been laid against Chuan by the DSI. No wonder I couldn't find anything.

RE Eric Loh #29

Who, me, a troll?

IF there was enough proof for the DSI to level 10 charges what happened to them? Bear in mind that the TRT/PPP/PTP were in power from 2001 until 2014 apart from 3 years so how

many persons were charged, taken to court, found guilty and put in jail during that period.

You still have refused to answer my questions, you are still trying to divert the post off topic and yet you accuse me of being a troll.

If you think I am a troll the please use the report function and complain to the moderators though I am sure that they are monitoring this thread anyway.

As for the rumour of Thaksin shipping crates of money out of Thailand, AFAIR that it was it was. A rumour.

I am not bothering to comment on it because it is off topic just like all of your replies to this thread.