Pattaya Man Reportedly Shot For Chasing Tourist-Robbing Teenagers

Lite Beer

Pattaya Man Reportedly Shot For Chasing Tourist-Robbing Teenagers

By Khaosod Eng.

CHONBURI - A songthaew driver in Pattaya was reportedly shot by a pair of teenagers who robbed a foreign tourist early this morning.

Police say the incident took place in front of Long Beach Pattaya Hotel in Banglamung district at around 1 am.

Orachon, 36, told police that she and her brother, Ratcharot, 33, were driving their songthaew (a truck-sized taxi) near Soi 16 when they spotted a pair of teenagers behaving suspiciously. They decided to park the vehicle and observe the teenagers from a distance, Orachon said.

According to police, Orachon then saw the two teens rob a foreign tourist in front of Long Beach Pattaya Hotel and flee on their motorcycle. She and her brother then reportedly chased after the pair.

Read More: http://www.khaosodenglish.com/detail.php?newsid=1417859025

kse.png
-- Khaosod English 2014-12-06

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

This is a big problem here, many of them carry guns

Remember the story last year of a cop who was apprehended, he had sold 162 illegal handguns to Pattaya teenagers.

They appear to have been practicing self-appointed law enforcement duties without the equipment or training or authority. Take a lesson do-gooders.

No! They were good people, trying to help!

Nothing 'self appointed' about them.

Your 'take a lesson, do-gooders' is sad, sad comment!

When you see a violent crime, a real man comes to help.

Of course in Thailand it is not that simple, but you judge a situation, and if it appears safe for you to a help a victim, you do it!

Last winter I saw a Russian man repeatedly pushing a white woman on Beach Rd. How did I know he was Russian, you may wonder. The way he was dressed, a typical kolhoznik from Novosibirsk. For non Russian speakers, Kolhoznik = farm help.

I was next to them, and speaking in Russian, I simply told the guy that maybe he should stop, or I will stop him. He almost frose, not a peep, thats the tuff guy he was lol.

So there, I helped a woman. You would have walked by like a little mouse.

I would howerver never interfer in any situation involving Thais.

White mouse huh??

Sounds to me like the mouse that roared.

Well done.

• Like 1

The only good in this sad story, a Thai baht bus driver came to help a foreigner! At least he tryed to stop the Thai thugs, I would not expect that to happen here, baht bus drivers usually do not show much love towards foreigners.

So this place can still suprise you in a good way! Gives hope!

There are brave and well-intentioned people in Thailand as well as in other countries.

Would you expect a taxi driver in New York or Manchester to chase after thieves who were probably armed on behalf of some strangers? Do taxi drivers in other countries "love" foreigners or anyone else for that matter?

Too many farang are obsessed with worrying about whether or not shop keepers or taxi drivers or anyone else in Thailand loves them. When the taxi drivers thought the kids were acting suspiciously they didn't foresee that they were going to attack a foreigner or a Thai, they just thought they were up to no good and gave chase without worrying about the race of their victims.

For many farang this is the first time they find themselves in the minority and need to be constantly reassured that everyone adores them and would gladly risk death or injury for them.

Do you really think everyone you deal with back in farangland loves you? I find most drivers and cashiers and others here are mostly cheerful &polite and the ones who look a bit unhappy seem to be equally unhappy when dealing with Thai customers. I don't expect them to blow kisses just because I'm Khun Farang.

When I'm in shops or restaurants with a Thai friend, he sometimes gets annoyed with the clerk or waiter, and it has nothing to do with race or nationality.

Great post.

The only good in this sad story, a Thai baht bus driver came to help a foreigner! At least he tryed to stop the Thai thugs, I would not expect that to happen here, baht bus drivers usually do not show much love towards foreigners.

So this place can still suprise you in a good way! Gives hope!

There are brave and well-intentioned people in Thailand as well as in other countries.

Would you expect a taxi driver in New York or Manchester to chase after thieves who were probably armed on behalf of some strangers? Do taxi drivers in other countries "love" foreigners or anyone else for that matter?

Too many farang are obsessed with worrying about whether or not shop keepers or taxi drivers or anyone else in Thailand loves them. When the taxi drivers thought the kids were acting suspiciously they didn't foresee that they were going to attack a foreigner or a Thai, they just thought they were up to no good and gave chase without worrying about the race of their victims.

For many farang this is the first time they find themselves in the minority and need to be constantly reassured that everyone adores them and would gladly risk death or injury for them.

Do you really think everyone you deal with back in farangland loves you? I find most drivers and cashiers and others here are mostly cheerful &polite and the ones who look a bit unhappy seem to be equally unhappy when dealing with Thai customers. I don't expect them to blow kisses just because I'm Khun Farang.

I agree completely with all that you have said. I also have met good along with the bad.

But I must say that I believe you are misinterpreting "whitemouse's" comment. It reads to me that he is saying it is a good thing to see Thai's helping falang.

Unfortunately you give yourself away with the falangland comment.

Your comments sound very angry just like the Thai's that everyone complains about.

The most popular middle names among Thai teens this year: Glock, Smith&Wesson and Heckler.

Are these really the brands that the teens can buy? Those are fairly pricey in the midwest USA, well maybe not so much the SmithWesson

Man Shot in the face during chase to catch North Pattaya bag snatchers

shot-31.jpg

PATTAYA: -- In the early hours of Saturday a 33 year old front-seat passenger in a Baht Bus was shot in the face during a chase to prevent four men escaping with a bag which had been snatched from a Chinese Tourist in North Pattaya.

The incident began in front of the Long Beach Hotel in Soi Wongamart off the Naklua Road just before 2am. The victim, Khun Rajcharod, was riding as passenger in the cab of a Baht Bus, driven by Khun Orrachon aged 36.

The pair witnessed a bag snatch occur in front of the Hotel involving four men, who then fled on motorbikes. The Baht Bus Driver and passenger decided they should give-chase in an attempt to force the fleeing thieves to crash their bikes so they could be apprehended.

During the chase, one of the fleeing suspects produced a 9mm handgun and shot in the direction of the chasing Baht Bus. The bullet hit Khun Rajcharod in her left cheek and the chase was abruptly called-off.

At Banglamung Hospital Police began their investigation and will examine CCTV in the area in order to catch the four men who committed the bag snatch and especially the one who fired at the Baht Bus.

Full story: http://www.pattayaone.net/pattaya-news/158264/man-shot-in-the-face-during-chase-to-catch-north-pattaya-bag-snatchers/

pattaya-one.jpg
-- Pattaya One 2014-12-08

Would like to think that the local authorities would assist with the medical bills given the up-standing, community -minded actions that these folk undertook.

Would also like to think that those thugs responsible will be apprehended and forced to pay compensation .

• Like 1