I am about to start working at a high school in Thailand in the begining of September, so I was just curious if anyone knew where this place was so I could have a look at the place before I fly over the internet.

This is what I was given

Rimklongsomtawin road, Talard District, Amphur Muang Mashasara kham Province.

the thing that confuses me, is the Amphur is it just Muang or is it Muang Mashasara??

Edited by Thaimonkeymeat

I am about to start working at a high school in Thailand in the begining of September, so I was just curious if anyone knew where this place was so I could have a look at the place before I fly over the internet.

This is what I was given

the thing that confuses me, is the Amphur is it just Muang or is it Muang Mashasara??

Amphur Muang means it is within the Mahasarakham city limits, whilst Mahasarakham is also a province.

Edited by PREM-R

This is what I was given

It's

Amphur Muang

Mahasarakham

also sometimes spelt as Maha Sarakham

Put it in any Search Engine and you'll get lots of information on the area.

Patrick

It's

Amphur Muang

Mahasarakham

also sometimes spelt as Maha Sarakham

Thaimonkeymeat, you have just discovered that Thai place names – and any Thai word, in fact – can be written in English in many different ways. Welcome to Thailand, and try not to get lost. With few exceptions, road signs outside Bangkok and popular tourist areas are written only in Thai.

---------------

Maestro

This is what I was given

How about this instead: "so I could have a look at the place on the internet before I fly."

Another English teacher :o:D:D

(Maestro) With few exceptions, road signs outside Bangkok and popular tourist areas are written only in Thai.[/quote]

This is not the case here in Isaan, which includes Mahasarakham. All Highways are signposted in both Thai and English and "tourist" destinations are also well signed in both languages, only routes to small villages seem to have signs only in Thai.

(Maestro) With few exceptions, road signs outside Bangkok and popular tourist areas are written only in Thai.[/quote]

This is not the case here in Isaan, which includes Mahasarakham. All Highways are signposted in both Thai and English and "tourist" destinations are also well signed in both languages, only routes to small villages seem to have signs only in Thai.

It is the same up in the Central region where I live and all the major and minor roads have the road number on the kilometre post. The exceptions being the tracks and unmade roads.

haha I just relized that, I was a little distracted when I wrote it. hehe an english teacher and I write something like that haha. Anyway thanks for the info it has really helped.

An excellent reply - taken as it was meant instead of the standard get up on a high horse and hence starts WWWW333.

You will go well!! here just retain that fresh outlook and always look on the bright side - by the way there is a very big university in Maha Saracam I went to graduation earlier this year 5700+ male/female students graduated. :o

This is what I was given

How about this instead: "so I could have a look at the place on the internet before I fly."

What, LoveDaBlues, you haven't heard of IpStar's new service which allows teleporting (and you can carry liquids) :D

• 2 years later...

Hi Thaimonkeymeat!

Eww..nice name :o

I just got my invitation letter to the same high school you are going to (I think). The told me Srisiam School, Rimklongsomtawin Rd, Talard District, Amphur Muang Mahasarakham Province. I actually did a Google search and your posting came up! I am starting in November.

Anyway, I just wanted to introduce myself and say hi! Maybe we will meet some day! :D

Have a great day!

I just got my invitation letter to the same high school you are going to (I think). The told me Srisiam School, Rimklongsomtawin Rd, Talard District, Amphur Muang Mahasarakham Province. I actually did a Google search and your posting came up! I am starting in November.

Anyway, I just wanted to introduce myself and say hi! Maybe we will meet some day! :o

Hi to both! I too googled the location and found your posts. I leave for Phuket September 23rd. Are either of you taking the TESOL program for the American TESOL Institute?

If so, are you nervous?

I have so many silly questions: What are you bringing clothing wise [How strict are they about dress code]?

Should I bring anything special for the 'kids' [any tricks or tools to motivate them]?

Are the high school students better behaved than their American counter parts (Oh i pray they are :D ]?

I requested to teach younger children near a large city... what did you guys request? Maybe this is just to get us the special visa then we will be reassigned. I am so nervous but happy.

If either of you are going to be in class with me, please drop me an email: [email protected]

I would love to share any insights [that you might have!?! because I am a bit overwhelmed :D ]

Cheers

~d

This is what I was given

:D:D:( I thought for i minute it was the bother poster last week that bought a house and did not know where it was ? :D:P:burp:

This is what I was given

:D:D:( I thought for i minute it was the bother poster last week that bought a house and did not know where it was ? :D:P:burp:

other sorry not bother