Help! My wife’s trying to cause my death by overfeeding!

Gecko123

Moved to the exfat forum!laugh.png

It's how the mods keep in shape....they move threads around......they end up with really big biceps. biggrin.png

Would a mod be considered a digital pikey ? working online.. bet they don't have a work permit for it biggrin.png

But I say live and let live, but I am not so sure about ND, after he realizes this hi might start building some gallows.

• Like 1

It's how the mods keep in shape....they move threads around......they end up with really big biceps. biggrin.png

Would a mod be considered a digital pikey ? working online.. bet they don't have a work permit for it biggrin.png

But I say live and let live, but I am not so sure about ND, after he realizes this hi might start building some gallows.

Rob,

You are trying to get inside my head, there's already enough of us in here already.

Don't try to guess what I thing or how I might feel. Consider yourself spoken to. I am giving you a very stern look indeed ???

Edited by neverdie

Rob,

You are trying to get inside my head, there's already enough of us in here already.

Don't try to guess what I thing or how I might feel. Consider yourself spoken to. I am giving you a very stern look indeed ???

With a face like that I wont survive looking at you long (AV) so I promise I won't do it again. But the comment was made in jest.

• Like 1

hey geko

you deserve a bit of praise for asking for some help with this

i would take it very seriously

your wife obviously takes a lot of pleasure in giving to you and is hurt

that you dont appreciate her kindness. and you dont like to hurt her feelings

what about putting it across this way: that this amount of food makes

you feel unwell, heavy, tired, lazy and unhappy. might not sound very pretty

but she has to realize the true effects of her kindness

once is not enough--you might have to repeat the same message every day.

also mention how great you feel after a small meal. how light and happy

and content you feel

i reckon you got to be firm with her on this. she might not like it but

youre fighting for health at the moment

its the same as a mother spoiling her child by giving it everything it wants

thats a dangerous habit. got to assert yourself sometimes

• Like 1

Tell her you have been feeling strange lately so visited the doctor. He then told you that you must cut back on food otherwise your health is at great risk. If she doesn't understand it and still tries to continue feeding you like that, then you are right. She does it on purpose.

Your blessing ( your wife ) is your curse ( she is so jai dee ).

A lot of us have a similar problem..us farang "saddled" with these lovely Thai women, their culture at 180 degrees to ours, from A to Z

Thai women have what I call " straight ahead thinking" every single move they make is reactive to an immediate needsad.png

I have been teaching my wife to be more PROACTIVE..facepalm.gif

Consider blood tests - cholesterol, blood sugar, etc. and blood pressure, then convince her your health is at-riskwai2.gif

wont work. hubby, the cook, insists that i also eat all ... and when i mention the word FAT, he poopoo's the idea ( i am normal weighted and small ) but he insists that at my age is should eat and enjoy (52 hahah)... and when i mention salt sugar or oil he says 'farang are always afraid to die'... food should taste good and should be eaten a lot, not in tiny portions.

give it up... i always put aside a plate or so of food for my best neighbhors or my kids (in army or not living at home so come through house, i have food for them), ive tgried showing him thai sites about cholesterol and salt... its still a NO GO.

i try to eat more healthily when he isnt around to cook; or i offer to cook (italian/mexican anything spicey) and he can add all the salt he wants...

try to cook for her or cook together and keep chanting: we are only the two of us,no need to cook for an army...

• Like 2