Ban electoral fraudsters for life call

webfact

History has proven that the most popular is the one prepared to pay the best bribes, and hire the best liars. Or to put it more simply, the richest. And we have seen the result of allowing power to be bought.

History has proven no such thing. Look at Barrack Obama (net worth 10 mil). He only had chump change and the money spent on election was Obama: $1.123 billion vs. Romney (net worth 250 million) : $1.019 billion.

You know what the big difference was even though Romney was far richer; FACE BOOK LIKES - 23,479,089 TO 1,128,492.

In your previous post, you pointed out the difference in productivity and hence income. How difficult is it to understand that the difference affects the susceptibility to accept bribes; that the lack of a critical press, independent accounting, and poor levels of education lead to gullibility and acceptance of unworkable populism and blatant lies like "you will all be rich in 6 months".

BTW the topic is Thailand.

You wrote, "History has proven that the most popular is the one prepared to pay the best bribes, and hire the best liars. Or to put it more simply, the richest. And we have seen the result of allowing power to be bought."

Your statement above is nonsense. If you think it is not nonsense support it with some historical links.

You get what you pay for. Is it cheaper to buy an election or change of government by force? Look into those prices and you will have your real answer.

You want a historical link, google Thaksin Thinawatra. As for price, having attempted neither, I have no basis to judge, but I never quibble when it comes to removing a parasite

How many families are living day to day on trading stamps and credit cards? How many graduate college with a decade of debt burden on their heads?

GDP per capita dollars USA $53,001 Thailand $5,676 Like I said get real.

Take the national debt and add in the amount owing to retirement funds and divide it by the population. We then get the real net worth.

How many families are living day to day on trading stamps and credit cards? How many graduate college with a decade of debt burden on their heads?

Take the national debt and add in the amount owing to retirement funds and divide it by the population. We then get the real net worth.

You want the USA debt topic for people who don't believe the banks but what does that have to do with banning election fraudsters which is the topic of this thread? The USA has a fair system of elections and Thailand does not have elections. I think we all get that. But did you have an on topic comment to make? Or do you never want elections in Thailand?

You wrote, "History has proven that the most popular is the one prepared to pay the best bribes, and hire the best liars. Or to put it more simply, the richest. And we have seen the result of allowing power to be bought."

Your statement above is nonsense. If you think it is not nonsense support it with some historical links.

You get what you pay for. Is it cheaper to buy an election or change of government by force? Look into those prices and you will have your real answer.

You want a historical link, google Thaksin Thinawatra. As for price, having attempted neither, I have no basis to judge, but I never quibble when it comes to removing a parasite

You have no factual information to quote all you want to do is try and turn this like so many other threads into an anti Thaksin thread. Sorry I think your post is off topic.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

I don't wish to be a spoilsport but this all should have been sorted at the establishment of the EC, rules and Regulations the penalties provided should have been thrashed out in 92 , better late than never, however what about fines for small misdemeanors , jail time and fines for major breaches and all of the above plus banned for life for major off the planet offences, but the point being all this should have been sorted, goes to show the shonky way the Thai establishment form departments for their own advantage. coffee1.gif.pagespeed.ce.Ymlsr09gMJARfU4 width=32 alt=coffee1.gif>

The EC never thought penalties would be necessary. After all those vying to enter parliament were considered the creme de la creme. University educated with only the Thai peoples interests in mind

Only time has shown us that most are just cheating corrupt scum!

Mind corruption used in the right manner gets things done much quicker.biggrin.png

You want the USA debt topic for people who don't believe the banks but what does that have to do with banning election fraudsters which is the topic of this thread? The USA has a fair system of elections and Thailand does not have elections. I think we all get that. But did you have an on topic comment to make? Or do you never want elections in Thailand?

Clean the house and have a system to rid the corrupted out for good. Then elections make sense. Or else, you get a house full of corrupted politicians like in USA as mentioned by you, bringing the country deep into debts, in the name of progress.

You have no factual information to quote all you want to do is try and turn this like so many other threads into an anti Thaksin thread. Sorry I think your post is off topic.

You can't see the connection between electoral fraudsters and Thaksin? That's more than just myopia.

And if I'm off topic, why do you keep dragging the thread to the USA, its GDP, election results and electoral system. I repeat, the topic is Thailand

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

I don't wish to be a spoilsport but this all should have been sorted at the establishment of the EC, rules and Regulations the penalties provided should have been thrashed out in 92 , better late than never, however what about fines for small misdemeanors , jail time and fines for major breaches and all of the above plus banned for life for major off the planet offences, but the point being all this should have been sorted, goes to show the shonky way the Thai establishment form departments for their own advantage. coffee1.gif.pagespeed.ce.Ymlsr09gMJARfU4 width=32 alt=coffee1.gif>

The EC never thought penalties would be necessary. After all those vying to enter parliament were considered the creme de la creme. University educated with only the Thai peoples interests in mind

Only time has shown us that most are just cheating corrupt scum!

Mind corruption used in the right manner gets things done much quicker.biggrin.png

Yes, queues can be skipped and safety issues overlooked to the detriment of others.

You can't see the connection between electoral fraudsters and Thaksin? That's more than just myopia.

And if I'm off topic, why do you keep dragging the thread to the USA, its GDP, election results and electoral system. I repeat, the topic is Thailand

The OP, "Another NRC member, Wanchai Sornsiri, proposed not only banning electoral fraudsters for life but also banning their spouses and children for life to prevent them being put forward as nominees."

Can you point out any precedent for the above in a civilized country?

Edited by thailiketoo

Banning wives and children is not stupid. It is idiotic. Seems a bit like "going for a Shin" to me.

sick.gif

You don't see other countries' politicians putting proxies in their place so they can continue to exert power.

*cough*vladimirputin*cough*

This part is ridiculous: "Another NRC member, Wanchai Sornsiri, proposed not only banning electoral fraudsters for life but also banning their spouses and children for life to prevent them being put forward as nominees."

It flies on the face of any sense of justice to punish people for the crimes of a third party.

What the should do is to, on top of banning impose severe financial and incarceration penalties. A crook may think it worth the risk to be banned if he/she can then just use a stand-in, if the risk is loosing their ill gotten money or ending in jail they'll think twice about it.

It does however, reflect reality of dynastic political families.

This part is ridiculous: "Another NRC member, Wanchai Sornsiri, proposed not only banning electoral fraudsters for life but also banning their spouses and children for life to prevent them being put forward as nominees."

It flies on the face of any sense of justice to punish people for the crimes of a third party.

What the should do is to, on top of banning impose severe financial and incarceration penalties. A crook may think it worth the risk to be banned if he/she can then just use a stand-in, if the risk is loosing their ill gotten money or ending in jail they'll think twice about it.

It does however, reflect reality of dynastic political families.

So how far back would you go? Just living family or future generations? (Sarcasm alert #1). Perhaps we could do this with criminals too? You get a speeding ticket and the whole family has to pay a fine. Or if the juvenile delinquent boy child robs a liquor store put all his sisters and cousins in jail too? (Sarcasm alert #2)

The OP, "Another NRC member, Wanchai Sornsiri, proposed not only banning electoral fraudsters for life but also banning their spouses and children for life to prevent them being put forward as nominees."

Is comparing Thailand to other countries in this regard a legitimate comparison given the last 10 years or so?

Is comparing Thailand to other countries in this regard a legitimate comparison given the last 10 years or so?

Sure, Bill and Hilly? Two greater crooks were never born. And then there was dumb and dumber and dumbest coming next.