Tottenham Thread

chonabot

rij don't let us fall out over this one...biggrin.png

He is crap in a proper league.

Ok if France beat England comprehensively then you can have him! tongue.png

LOL nah smokes he had a poor time with liverpool under hodgson and was serio injured, barring injury was a quality footballer

any way england 2 comprehensively beat france. abso no chance..

LOL nah smokes he had a poor time with liverpool under hodgson and was serio injured, barring injury was a quality footballer

I want to see a proper right sided midfielder come in rij...he is just a poor man's VDV.

I want to see a proper right sided midfielder come in rij...he is just a poor man's VDV.

plays best drifting in from the left

plays best drifting in from the left

I know rij and we don't need a player like that. We already have the best in the English game right now.

I think that we have lost an engine in the centre of mid-field! And also not strengthened our central defence with an ever useless/ageing King.

Parker is brilliant in attack and recovering defence, but I think having Huddlestone back will be great. Personally, I think Modric has had a poor season, he plays too deep, cannot defend and instead of using his skill to shoot, tries to pass balls through 4 sets of defenders legs.

Bale has also had a disappointing end (3 months) to the season.

I would give Kyle Walker 'Spurs player of the year'. yes he has made a few mistakes, but he is so keen to get forward, can run fast, and his crosses/ shots, whilst not always great, are generally better then Lennon's final delivery. After he's run up the pitch, he runs back down the pitch and has made some great tackles (usually because VDV's contract states that he's not allowed in his own half except for Kick Off and corners).

I hate to back a foreign team in the Champions League, but they have a lovely Oktoberfest! And they're not Germans, they're Bavarians, oompah, oompah, lede hosen! (Leather trousers for those who aren't bi-lingual)

I think that we have lost an engine in the centre of mid-field! And also not strengthened our central defence with an ever useless/ageing King.

Parker is brilliant in attack and recovering defence, but I think having Huddlestone back will be great. Personally, I think Modric has had a poor season, he plays too deep, cannot defend and instead of using his skill to shoot, tries to pass balls through 4 sets of defenders legs.

I would give Kyle Walker 'Spurs player of the year'. yes he has made a few mistakes, but he is so keen to get forward, can run fast, and his crosses/ shots, whilst not always great, are generally better then Lennon's final delivery. After he's run up the pitch, he runs back down the pitch and has made some great tackles (usually because VDV's contract states that he's not allowed in his own half except for Kick Off and corners).

I hate to back a foreign team in the Champions League, but they have a lovely Oktoberfest! And they're not Germans, they're Bavarians, oompah, oompah, lede hosen! (Leather trousers for those who aren't bi-lingual)

Parker could struggle next season with a fit Tom Huddlestone and an inform Sandro.....both considerably younger too.

Regards central defence expect to seeing a regular pairing of Kaboul and Caulker next season (if no additions) with Dawson as a back up. Difficult to know what will happen to Nelson and Ledley. That will probably be decided when Vertoghen's transfer is finalised. I know others are, but i'm really not a fan of Bassong, he never looks assured to me.

Loic Remy seems to be stalling until our CL qualification is decided. For all his declared love of Spurs Adebayor won't budge on his salary and theres no way we can get close to matching it.

Were ok on the left but we must sort out the right side when Lennon is injured. What about Walker right mid with our England U21 right back getting playing time?

We also know Brad will be nearly 50 soon and Modric wants to play elsewhere but its really too early for anything to happen yet.

Better to wait and keep fingers crossed the chavs run out of steam

Edited by carmine

Oh and the other player i'de have, bet this is gonna piss alf & car off , Joe cole IMO he's still a quality act, and if any one can get a good season or 2 out of him ari could. but i wouldn't be surprised if martine get the scouse job and keeps him there., Ah well lets hope they fuc up with the choice of manager again.

With all these old players you want to buy, you sure your not an alias for Ari !

Parker could struggle next season with a fit Tom Huddlestone and an inform Sandro.....both considerably younger too.

Regards central defence expect to seeing a regular pairing of Kaboul and Caulker next season (if no additions) with Dawson as a back up. Difficult to know what will happen to Nelson and Ledley. That will probably be decided when Vertoghen's transfer is finalised. I know others are, but i'm really not a fan of Bassong, he never looks assured to me.

Loic Remy seems to be stalling until our CL qualification is decided. For all his declared love of Spurs Adebayor won't budge on his salary and theres no way we can get close to matching it.

Were ok on the left but we must sort out the right side when Lennon is injured. What about Walker right mid with our England U21 right back getting playing time?

We also know Brad will be nearly 50 soon and Modric wants to play elsewhere but its really too early for anything to happen yet.

Plus Livermore in centre mid carms, certainly our midfield central pairing will be stronger defenceivly with out Rat face.

Edited by alfieconn

Oh and the other player i'de have, bet this is gonna piss alf & car off , Joe cole IMO he's still a quality act, and if any one can get a good season or 2 out of him ari could. but i wouldn't be surprised if martine get the scouse job and keeps him there., Ah well lets hope they fuc up with the choice of manager again.

With all these old players you want to buy, you sure your not an alias for Ari !

I do think Cole is a very talented player but a bit of a luxury.

Personally, bar the very odd exception, i don't think we should take on a player over thirty unless its on a free.

taking aside the stupity of loaning out Corluka and bringing in Nelson we have been very good at this. Gallas was triffic business as was Friedal. Parker has been excellent although he will need to used more sparingly next season although as i posted earlier, with Hudd and Sandro he might well struggle.

Any news on Hudd.....the silence is deafening?

During the penalties i found myself thinking about the game at Villa when he played for a point in an easily winnable game and i thought at the time we would regret that as did the travelling fans that were chanting you don't know what you're doing at wobbly chops.

Well now its happened! How can we blame anyone but ourselves? Yes, the rules are unfair, but we knew what they were as did our coach. We were 13 points clear of Arsenal and 2-0 up five minutes from halftime.

Our manager refused to pledge any loyalty to us when it was patently obvious we were collapsing. The hapless FA in trying to do the right thing by us did us a wrong 'un!

Am i the only one that thinks our manager has monumentally f*cked up?

He has shown no loyalty when it was desperately needed and i really hope Levy does right by the club and gets rid of him pronto.

Plus Livermore in centre mid carms, certainly our midfield central pairing will be stronger defenceivly with out Rat face.

Very true. I think Jake Livermore will be a very big player for us next season. I also think its time to cash in on Modric.

We'll hold onto Bale and IF we can qualify for champions league next time round who knows.

Can't see Loic Remy joining us now. So thats 20m and any chance of signing a top class striker.

I'll make the presumption that Eden Hazard will go to City for stupid somes of money and 220 grand a week.

Dont see Levy letting Harry go. Its hard getting a good manager in, as there are so many clubs looking for one at the moment. Surely De Mateo gets the job in Chelsea, but I think Liverpool is a more attractive club than us as it stands. Modric will go this summer, and can we get between 30-40 Im sure the club get a decent playmaker in. But without CL, im worried for what kind of players we can get in.

Very true. I think Jake Livermore will be a very big player for us next season. I also think its time to cash in on Modric.

We'll hold onto Bale and IF we

can qualify for champions league next time round who knows.

Can't see Loic Remy joining us now. So thats 20m and any chance of signing a top class striker.

I'll make the presumption that Eden Hazard will go to City for stupid somes of money and 220 grand a week.

I'm fucckin choked, and not only by the Bangkok car fumes, couldnt be bothered to stay up and watch Chelsea, but best off to them !!!

let's hope abramowitch sells th fuc_kers and they go broke,!!!! only joking, well sort off, not that i'.m bitter about it all

. agreed time to cash in on modric, tho in truth dont think we've got any option, would like to see him

go to juve he'd be a good fit, they luv a good footballer and from what ive seen they still never replaced nedved, modric is tailor made and

they do sound a boss team at the mo, unbeaten in seria a this season!!!!, not so sure bout Livermore next season still see him

behind in the peckin order but 4 sure he's goin to come good.

During the penalties i found myself thinking about the game at Villa when he played for a point in an easily winnable game and i thought at the time we would regret that as did the travelling fans that were chanting you don't know what you're doing at wobbly chops.

Well now its happened! How can we blame anyone but ourselves? Yes, the rules are unfair, but we knew what they were as did our coach. We were 13 points clear of Arsenal and 2-0 up five minutes from halftime.

Our manager refused to pledge any loyalty to us when it was patently obvious we were collapsing. The hapless FA in trying to do the right thing by us did us a wrong 'un!

He has shown no loyalty when it was desperately needed and i really hope Levy does right by the club and gets rid of him pronto.

Not a chance of Harry being ditched......

For me the problem was the striking set up.......

One week you'd have Ade leading the line perhaps on his own and the following week Saha and Defoe as dual front men........

And just what is it with Bale switching wings <deleted> !!

Who's telling him to do that ??

Edited by Chivas

One week you'd have Ade leading the line perhaps on his own and the following week Saha and Defoe as dual front men........

, We do have a tendency to argue on this thread, but the one thing that were all currently in agreement is that ari and his staff

ar'nt exactly bright and in general we would be better without him . And by the way I'm looking 4 ward to Exeter kicking Plymouth's sorry butt

next season. and long live west country derbies.

, We do have a tendency to argue on this thread, but the one thing that were all currently in agreement is that ari and his staff

ar'nt exactly bright and in general we would be better without him . And by the way I'm looking 4 ward to Exeter kicking Plymouth's sorry butt

next season. and long live west country derbies.

You'll finish well above us next season no problem........

Some clowns actually believe Fletcher is a decent manager and that includes our wet behind the football ears owner, James Brent.......

Desperate times at HP......

What a stupid quote/ reply system on this web site, never come xross such a clumsy wasteful way, any way, credit where credits due

you looked dead and buried for a lot of last season and fletcher on the face of things, appreciate things look diferent 1st hand,

he deservedly warrants another season. I'm aware it a lot more complex , But for me a major villain for your situ' is sturrock, sold the crown jewels and totally totally wasted the cash. TOTAL <deleted>.

And as for peter reid, i know he's got a lot of sympathy, but for me he had a decent enuf squad to do a lot lot better than he did,

as 4 us beating u next season, maybe, but always great occasions and days 2 remember.

Edited by rijit

I'm disappointed! But not so disappointed that I wish to discuss lower league football (there's a separate thread for that)!

Whilst I believed that we deserved Champion League football next season, poor performance either side and through March 'undid' us!

I think that we should sell Modric (at a very good price) and do everything that we can to keep Bale! We should be using the funds we have from finishing 4th to get a couple of great players (a striker and a centre back) from elsewhere and to use the Europa Cup to 'blood' some more younger players!

We were only 1 point less than the last time we qualified, this season could have been so much 'more' ready for next season!

How does the Europa cup work, do we go straight into a 'group stage', or is there qualifying involved (as in Newcastle - who effectively have now finished 6th)? Maybe I should look it up myself - lazy b*stard that I am!

2011-2012 1 4 38 13 3 3 39 17 7 6 6 27 24 +25 69 2010-2011 1 5 38 9 9 1 30 19 7 5 7 25 27 +9 62 2009-2010 1 4 38 14 2 3 40 12 7 5 7 27 29 +26 70 2008-2009 1 8 38 10 5 4 21 10 4 4 11 24 35 0 51 2007-2008 1 11 38 8 5 6 46 34 3 8 8 20 27 +5 46 2006-2007 1 5 38 12 3 4 34 22 5 6 8 23 32 +3 60 2005-2006 1 5 38 12 5 2 31 16 6 6 7 22 22 +15 65 2004-2005 1 9 38 9 5 5 36 22 5 5 9 11 19 +6 52 2003-2004 1 14 38 9 4 6 33 27 4 2 13 14 30 -10 45 2002-2003 1 10 38 9 4 6 30 29 5 4 10 21 33 -11 50 2001-2002 1 9 38 10 4 5 32 24 4 4 11 17 29 -4 50 2000-2001 1 12 38 11 6 2 31 16 2 4 13 16 38 -7 49 1999-2000 1 10 38 10 3 6 40 26 5 5 9 17 23 +8 53 1998-1999 1 11 38 7 7 5 28 26 4 7 8 19 24 -3 47 1997-1998 1 14 38 7 8 4 23 22 4 3 12 21 34 -12 44 1996-1997 1 10 38 8 4 7 19 17 5 3 11 25 34 -7 46 1995-1996 1 8 38 9 5 5 26 19 7 8 4 24 19 +12 61 1994-1995 1 7 42 10 5 6 32 25 6 9 6 34 33 +8 62 1993-1994 1 15 42 4 8 9 29 33 7 4 10 25 26 -5 45 1992-1993 1 8 42 11 5 5 40 25 5 6 10 20 41 -6 59

Discussion on lower league footie seems quite logical on this thread,forward thinking is the way forward even if the club is going backwards,i applaud your forsite chaps clap2.gif