Tottenham Thread

chonabot

Lucky to get the draw.

Hopefully Bale's unjury will just be a strain. Fingers crossed for the lad....he looked in a lot of pain. Likely out a week or two.

I lost count of the amount of clear shots that the opponents were allowed from just outside the box, but fortunately they all seemed to be in Johny Wilkinson mode. I'd like to see Dembele running at defences a bit more.

Me and carms have been saying that he should be played further forward for a long time but i think avb likes him more as a def mid being as he can also tackle, plus Bale has been playing in the advanced central mid role of late.

Perhaps he will give him a few games in that position now that Bale is injured but i doubt it !

Just going on what the commentators were saying last night, stracken and southgate, both thought that it looked like it would be at best be torn ligaments and would be out 4 a minimum 4 weeks, and then it would probably effect him for another couple of months.But best we wait and see what the scan reveals, as 4 lennon, same applies they mentioned it was a hamstring injury. As for verity, imo his strength is bringing the ball out of defense and linking with the attack, aka the goal and the set up at the weekend imo his defending needs work. As for aseouo boy, he needs game time to get his form back and unlike vb did with the others that form have dipped, he aint really givin him enough. minutes. Perhaps he doesn't rate him, but personally I'de sooner have him at l/b than right footed naughton, but there we go football is but a game of opinions.clap2.gif

Get his form back 40.gifhe's been crap all season, anyway he won't have long to get this form back that you talk about as he will be off at the end of the season.

Yeah thought he had a good mid and a v good end to last season, but injuries havn't been kind to him this season, but i make you right, he'll be off close season

Thought we were 2 nd best tonight and tbh lucky to get away with a draw. Our defence <deleted>,!!!! As much as verity has wonderful moments going 4 ward, his defending, aint the greatest, caught flatfooted for the 2nd and had not 2 clever a hand in the first,IMo he should have gone off and asseo boy should have got more minutes, which he desperately needs, 4 me the Only defender that came out with ANY cred 2nite was Naughton, thought he looked half decent on the right. Just to round a bad evenin off we lose lennon to the same hamstring he picked up after the bizarre vb 'are u ok 2 play 'incident and bale, with which looks like he's out 4 at least a month. not a great evening and the rest of the seasons gonna be tough, still a good opportunity 4 someone can step up and deliver..

Youv'e had thing about Vertonhen since he came into the team and forever supporting Bae, you say Verts was flatfooted for the 2nd goal when he jumped for the ball and was unlucky that it came off the top of his head, you fail to mention the terrible attempt by Bae to tackle a fella on the way to the first goal, perhaps you need to watch the game more !

Lennon had a knee injury.

Avb is looking to have Bale back for the Man city game (21 Apr), a bit different to at least a month.

Perhaps you need to change the place you get your facts from !!!!

I

Best you have another look, it was verity's poor/botched interception that let the basil boy onto asseo,after asseos missed 'challenge'

verity was the covering player,verity's piss poor/none attempt at a challenge let the basil boy waltz past, then for the rebound of the post, verity was in a reasonable position to get it, not perfect but he totally failed to react, was left flat footed

And for the 2 nd, fhe jumped and 4 international c/b and got more than enough on it to clear, but nah he directed it poorly, piss poor defending.

Edited by rijit

Thought we were 2 nd best tonight and tbh lucky to get away with a draw. Our defence <deleted>,!!!! As much as verity has wonderful moments going 4 ward, his defending, aint the greatest, caught flatfooted for the 2nd and had not 2 clever a hand in the first,IMo he should have gone off and asseo boy should have got more minutes, which he desperately needs, 4 me the Only defender that came out with ANY cred 2nite was Naughton, thought he looked half decent on the right. Just to round a bad evenin off we lose lennon to the same hamstring he picked up after the bizarre vb 'are u ok 2 play 'incident and bale, with which looks like he's out 4 at least a month. not a great evening and the rest of the seasons gonna be tough, still a good opportunity 4 someone can step up and deliver..

Youv'e had thing about Vertonhen since he came into the team and forever supporting Bae, you say Verts was flatfooted for the 2nd goal when he jumped for the ball and was unlucky that it came off the top of his head, you fail to mention the terrible attempt by Bae to tackle a fella on the way to the first goal, perhaps you need to watch the game more !

Avb is looking to have Bale back for the Man city game (21 Apr), a bit different to at least a month.

I

Best you have another look, it was verity's poor/botched interception that let the basil boy onto asseo,after asseos missed 'challenge'

verity was the covering player,verity's piss poor/none attempt at a challenge let the basil boy waltz past, then for the rebound of the post, verity was in a reasonable position to get it, not perfect but he totally failed to react, was left flat footed

And for the 2 nd, fhe jumped and 4 international c/b and got more than enough on it to clear, but nah he directed it poorly, piss poor defending.

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2896/premier-league/2013/04/05/3880498/-?

I

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2896/premier-league/2013/04/05/3880498/-?

yep he's been great going 4 ward

but have a look at his defending here

http://www.footytube.com/video/tottenham-hotspur-fc-basel-apr04-168487

Well happy days....it looks like we all now know that "being out for a minimum of six weeks" with an ankle injury would be a strong clue to why a player can't even make the bench!

But just to explain further, if he's out for six weeks with an ankle injury and can't make the bench then its highly unlikely he's going to be playing. Hope that clears things up.

Anyways lets hope young Pritchard is back soon. He's also a superb prospect according to Barcelona Rijwink.png

Secondly Vertonghen's defending has been "outstanding". all season bar the odd mistake, which can happen when your workrate is better than anyone elses or you have to partner the geriatric Gallas.. Thats probably why Spurs fans will probably have him as second in line to Bale as our player of the season and he will feature in many pundits choice for their team of the season. There was never a doubt he was ideal to this league as backed up by his captaincy and accolades of player of the season at Ajax and being a seasoned international in what is a stronger national side argueably than England.

Assou-Ekkoto is simply not good enough hence the manager feeling forced to play Vertonghen of Naughton on that side. He gives the ball away all too regularily and loses concentration although i concede i'd rather have him than Naughton that too is irrelevent because Rose will be back next season.

Alf, i think that Dembele could only push up more when Sandro returns. Sandro's younger and a better tackler than Parker and those two really hit an understanding up until the injury. With our forwards misfiring, Sandro's injury has deprieved us of the oppotunity to pushed Dembele up because Parkers form hasn't matched last season.

Gallas has to go. We have Kaboul back soon with Caulker and Daws. Thats easily good enough. Spend the gallas wages on a striker and recall Townsend as wing cover.

It was a very stupid decision to let Townsend go because we could have played Bale through the middle and kept two pacey wingers offering a midfield of Townsend, Bale, Lennon with Adebayor up top.

I'm presuming AVB will bring Walker back on sunday but i thought Naughton looked fairly solid and would keep him. A backs first cpriority is to defend afterall

Carmine ...you will be lucky to get two bob for Gallas so even if you got ten bob who do you think you could buy for that kind of money!

Pandy Carroll?

we got gallas on a free Ed and regardless you don't sell 36 year olds do you!wink.png

Carmine ...you will be lucky to get two bob for Gallas so even if you got ten bob who do you think you could buy for that kind of money!

Pandy Carroll?

we got gallas on a free Ed and regardless you don't sell 36 year olds do you!wink.png

Bloody right i forgot about that......actually you don't sell 36 year olds who have been at the one club all there life....admirable eh Carms wink.png ohhh and successful too. biggrin.png

Well happy days....it looks like we all now know that "being out for a minimum of six weeks" with an ankle injury would be a strong clue to why a player can't even make the bench!

But just to explain further, if he's out for six weeks with an ankle injury and can't make the bench then its highly unlikely he's going to be playing. Hope that clears things up.

Anyways lets hope young Pritchard is back soon. He's also a superb prospect according to Barcelona Rijwink.png

Secondly Vertonghen's defending has been "outstanding". all season bar the odd mistake, which can happen when your workrate is better than anyone elses or you have to partner the geriatric Gallas.. Thats probably why Spurs fans will probably have him as second in line to Bale as our player of the season and he will feature in many pundits choice for their team of the season. There was never a doubt he was ideal to this league as backed up by his captaincy and accolades of player of the season at Ajax and being a seasoned international in what is a stronger national side argueably than England.

Assou-Ekkoto is simply not good enough hence the manager feeling forced to play Vertonghen of Naughton on that side. He gives the ball away all too regularily and loses concentration although i concede i'd rather have him than Naughton that too is irrelevent because Rose will be back next season.

Alf, i think that Dembele could only push up more when Sandro returns. Sandro's younger and a better tackler than Parker and those two really hit an understanding up until the injury. With our forwards misfiring, Sandro's injury has deprieved us of the oppotunity to pushed Dembele up because Parkers form hasn't matched last season.

Gallas has to go. We have Kaboul back soon with Caulker and Daws. Thats easily good enough. Spend the gallas wages on a striker and recall Townsend as wing cover.

It was a very stupid decision to let Townsend go because we could have played Bale through the middle and kept two pacey wingers offering a midfield of Townsend, Bale, Lennon with Adebayor up top.

I'm presuming AVB will bring Walker back on sunday but i thought Naughton looked fairly solid and would keep him. A backs first cpriority is to defend afterall

Excellent post mate. Totally agree on BAE....one minute he looks assured then he makes mistakes that leave me reeling in disgust. Not good enough!

Pandy Carroll?

Bob is some poxy northern term....we talk in pony's or monkey's here.

You won't get it at all.....biggrin.png

He doesn't look well biggrin.png

i think when a players being stretchered off he injured he should be spared the photographers.

and his team mates by the look of that shot smile.png

Barings in mind some of the mongs that play for your team you should put a sock in it Bobthumbsup.gif

Edited by carmine
  • Like 1

Pandy Carroll?

Bob is some poxy northern term....we talk in pony's or monkey's here.

You won't get it at all.....biggrin.png

If your talking about Gallas shouldn't it be Donkey's instead of Pony's biggrin.png

He doesn't look well biggrin.png

i think when a players being stretchered off he injured he should be spared the photographers.

and his team mates by the look of that shot smile.png

Barings in mind some of the mongs that play for your team you should put a sock in it Bobthumbsup.gif

I think Henderson could be from the same family

Not saying that the everton games a must win but, with the chavs and the arse wipes having a game in hand and breathing down our necks 3 points against the toffes would be more than welcome, specially after that irritating 5? min up at goodison.

Edited by rijit

Not saying that the everton games a must win but, with the chavs and the arse wipes having a game in hand and breathing down our necks 3 points against the toffes would be more than welcome, specially after that irritating 5? min up at goodison.

Every game is a must win from now until Closing Day.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Agreed. I was obviously watching the game you would get stuffed but i thought up untill the sending off Arsenal were in cruise control.

We are under a lot of pressure tonight so we'll see how we deal with it. I'd quite like to give a surprise recall Graeme Roberts for the remaining gamesbiggrin.png

Agreed. I was obviously watching the game you would get stuffed but i thought up untill the sending off Arsenal were in cruise control.

We are under a lot of pressure tonight so we'll see how we deal with it. I'd quite like to give a surprise recall Graeme Roberts for the remaining gamesbiggrin.png

And a certain German striker! biggrin.png

I once stood in the Scum end at <deleted> Fart Lane and watched that carthorse score a hat trick against Keegan's Southampton, courtesy of Hoddle simply bouncing the ball off him into the net three times.

• Like 1

So no big surprises in that game. Aweful decision to take Dembele off unless he was carrying a knock.

Adebayor worked really hard and finally looks like he's up for it, Walker gave Baines a very tough afternoon too which were the two bonuses in that game for me.

Have to agree with Alf over the defense. What is his aversion to keeping the same back for for two consecutive games?

I'm a bit surprised the ref didn't make more of Jagielka's forearms using Vertonghens shoulders to support his jump for the header but there you go. Looked blatent in slow mo.

Congratulations to Vertonghen btw for being voted premier league player of the monthbiggrin.png

Edited by carmine

So no big surprises in that game. Aweful decision to take Dembele off unless he was carrying a knock.

Adebayor worked really hard and finally looks like he's up for it, Walker gave Baines a very tough afternoon too which were the two bonuses in that game for me.

Have to agree with Alf over the defense. What is his aversion to keeping the same back for for two consecutive games?

I'm a bit surprised the ref didn't make more of Jagielka's forearms using Vertonghens shoulders to support his jump for the header but there you go. Looked blatent in slow mo.

Congratulations to Vertonghen btw for being voted premier league player of the monthbiggrin.png

I thought that carms and was surprised that the players didn't and AVB didn't make a big thing of it but there again we're not Man U !

The tiny totts are as dependent on Bale as The Arse were on Van Persie last year. Sent from my GT-N7000 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Well we managed to score 2 goals without him so we're not that dependent !

Edited by alfieconn

The tiny totts are as dependent on Bale as The Arse were on Van Persie last year. Sent from my GT-N7000 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Well we managed to score 2 goals without him so we're not that dependent !

Commentary last night said you haven't won a game this year in which he didn't score.

'Nuff said.