Tottenham Thread

chonabot

Well well...none of you ABT's want to make a comment on a Spurs win! biggrin.png Sorry to disappointwink.png

Accusing Alfie of "vitriolic bile" Mr Sparkles!!! What a ridiculously OTT use of words and utter garbage. Don't be such drama queen. This is the typical Man Utd fan...the ever so sensitive, full of their own self importance, oooh, nobody likes us, lets create an acronym...you're all ABU's and were so self indulgent we've given you all a name because our red nosed, bacon faced manager, in-between his VITRIOLIC BILE towards match officials tells us everyone hates us!! Get over yourself.

Good three points last night for us. Strange team, playing away with no ball winner against a very decent side was a surprise. Whilst i agree wholeheartedly with Linelers comments its still very nice to see a fired up Adebayor. Its also nice to see a caretaker manager have the confidence in his own judgement to bring on a 19 year old from almost the entire second half.

Kaboul and Vertoghen can't get back quick enough. Dawson's really such a carthorse and has the turning speed of an oil tanker

Spurs seemed to play like a team that had been 'thawed out', loosened up and were now able to run up and down the pitch instead of that icy cold passing the ball across the field in slow motion forever, nonsense.

Full credit to Sherwood for encouraging attacking play away from home. He must have been watching all season and saying to himself........what the f?

Edited by uptheos

Well well...none of you ABT's want to make a comment on a Spurs win! biggrin.png Sorry to disappointwink.png

Accusing Alfie of "vitriolic bile" Mr Sparkles!!! What a ridiculously OTT use of words and utter garbage. Don't be such drama queen. This is the typical Man Utd fan...the ever so sensitive, full of their own self importance, oooh, nobody likes us, lets create an acronym...you're all ABU's and were so self indulgent we've given you all a name because our red nosed, bacon faced manager, in-between his VITRIOLIC BILE towards match officials tells us everyone hates us!! Get over yourself.

Good three points last night for us. Strange team, playing away with no ball winner against a very decent side was a surprise. Whilst i agree wholeheartedly with Linelers comments its still very nice to see a fired up Adebayor. Its also nice to see a caretaker manager have the confidence in his own judgement to bring on a 19 year old from almost the entire second half.

Kaboul and Vertoghen can't get back quick enough. Dawson's really such a carthorse and has the turning speed of an oil tanker

You really are BITTER, SAF went at the end of last Season and you are still going on about him ?? GET OVER IT w00t.gif He was the greatest manager in History end OF so move on.

Good Spurs victory even though it cost me points smile.png

BT coffee1.gif

Good three points last night for us. Strange team, playing away with no ball winner against a very decent side was a surprise.

I don't think you can gauge too much by that match due to the following;

• Southampton were sh*t
  • They've won 1 match in the last 9
  • The second goal was an own goal, the 3rd was lucky.

Although a disappointing 3 points it was not discouraging tongue.png

• Like 1

I am always here to comment mate biggrin.png

I watched the game and thought Spurs played well in patches with some good passing and link up play if you had a replacement for Soldudy then all the better and good to see Erikson play who will without doubt be a great player for you.

But!!

The Saints in my opinion were poor and are not the same team that had a great start to the season ...just look at the there back 5 yesterday ....no Shaw no Fonte no Clyne and no Boroc a totally different defence from a month ago and that Dutch guy Hooveld? at the back was <deleted>!!

Also your goals OG! and the Adeybayor 2nd!!! cheesy.gif were gifts and down to mistakes more than good play although the move for the OG was Spurs passing well.

Emanuel Adebayor will be ok for a few games if he is not sulking you need a bit of luck for Soldado as you don't want two sulky strikers playing.

Sherwood of Tottingham ......Another YES man for Levy! and Alfies new Avator smile.png

tim-sherwood-449897.jpg

Spurs seemed to play like a team that had been 'thawed out', loosened up and were now able to run up and down the pitch instead of that icy cold passing the ball across the field in slow motion forever, nonsense.

Full credit to Sherwood for encouraging attacking play away from home. He must have been watching all season and saying to himself........what the f?

Sherwood is highly regarded at the club for his coaching skills. My concerns with him are tactically. Its almost like he picked that side on the back of a feeling of, "what the hell, i'll go for it!" We still look ropey at the back and i thought that Saints were poor and that was mostly of their own doing. Just happy for now with the three points and West Brom on the 26th.

I am always here to comment mate biggrin.png

I watched the game and thought Spurs played well in patches with some good passing and link up play if you had a replacement for Soldudy then all the better and good to see Erikson play who will without doubt be a great player for you.

But!!

The Saints in my opinion were poor and are not the same team that had a great start to the season ...just look at the there back 5 yesterday ....no Shaw no Fonte no Clyne and no Boroc a totally different defence from a month ago and that Dutch guy Hooveld? at the back was <deleted>!!

Also your goals OG! and the Adeybayor 2nd!!! cheesy.gif were gifts and down to mistakes more than good play although the move for the OG was Spurs passing well.

Emanuel Adebayor will be ok for a few games if he is not sulking you need a bit of luck for Soldado as you don't want two sulky strikers playing.

Sherwood of Tottingham ......Another YES man for Levy! and Alfies new Avator smile.png

tim-sherwood-449897.jpg

Good points MrEd. Well mostly anyway!!! btw, one thing, Sherwood's not is a yes man to Levy. wink.png

Also, if you read my most recent most you'll see that "a very decent side" that they clearly are was not referring to their lackluster performance yesterday.

You really are BITTER, SAF went at the end of last Season and you are still going on about him ?? GET OVER IT w00t.gif He was the greatest manager in History end OF so move on.

Good Spurs victory even though it cost me points smile.png

BT coffee1.gif

Not bitter Bigfoot, just reminding you self centered Man Yoo fans that your recently retired manager wrote the book on "vitriolic bile."

Sherwood is highly regarded at the club for his coaching skills. My concerns with him are tactically. Its almost like he picked that side on the back of a feeling of, "what the hell, i'll go for it!" We still look ropey at the back and i thought that Saints were poor and that was mostly of their own doing. Just happy for now with the three points and West Brom on the 26th.

I think he had nothing to lose and needed to see what they could do if he cut them loose.

It's difficult assessing a team that has been in chains since the start of the season.

I'm sure he and others will have noted where he needs to strengthen and the quicker he makes AVB's style of play a distant memory the better IMO.

That one game has made him evens with Corals.

Edited by uptheos

I think he had nothing to lose and needed to see what they could do if he cut them loose.

It's difficult assessing a team that has been in chains since the start of the season.

I'm sure he and others will have noted where he needs to strengthen and the quicker he makes AVB's style of play a distant memory the better IMO.

It kind of feels like a time to just back and let Sherwood get on with it.

Adebayor has decided to come back to work for whatever reason, Rose is back which improves the balance of the team and a recall for Assou Ekkoto would go amiss as left side back up so Vertonghen can play central.

He has the squad so lets see what he can do with it because its highly unlikely anyones coming in until next summer.

It kind of feels like a time to just back and let Sherwood get on with it.

Adebayor has decided to come back to work for whatever reason, Rose is back which improves the balance of the team and a recall for Assou Ekkoto would go amiss as left side back up so Vertonghen can play central.

He has the squad so lets see what he can do with it because its highly unlikely anyones coming in until next summer.

I think so, he has a really good knowledge of the game and I hope he takes his chance. Would be nice to see a home grown lad make it. No one will come in, my take is that Levy will say 'this is what AVB had, let's see what you can do with the same'.

• Like 1

Still waiting for your comments on last Sunday's game Carms.....biggrin.png. Alright, I will let you off.

I only watched the 2nd half and had a few beers so didn't really watch but a good result none the less.

YB

Well sometimes you have to make your own luck and what was noticeable about the totts was the drastic increase in workrate.

You get the impression that the players weren't too interested in playing for AVB, so now they're playing for their places it's a different story.

The first goal was nicely taken, the second was, I thought, a great ball in from Soldaddudo, but the Soton keeper should watch the replay.

The third was comical, the fourth was .... well Lloris, where were you going? And the winner was calamitous defending - if Soldaduddo had that much time on the ball even he'd have netted one.

As it is, he still wants too much time on it and is snatching at everything, just what you want from a 30m euro striker.

I hope they give Sherwood the job, he is a closet Gooner and his dad's a season ticket holder!

Agent Sherwood, I do believe your cover story is holding. Good work. Carry on that man.

thumbsup.gif

I never quite figured it out, but Carmel and Alice have spent more time posting about Man Utd, Ferguson and Moyes than their own tiny team. Going missing after the last debacle is quite funny. Shame I couldn't have joined in with the fun, but was on holiday again.

At least Spuds got three points yesterday. They'll always be The Next Year team though.

• Like 1

I never quite figured it out, but Carmel and Alice have spent more time posting about Man Utd, Ferguson and Moyes than their own tiny team. Going missing after the last debacle is quite funny. Shame I couldn't have joined in with the fun, but was on holiday again.

At least Spuds got three points yesterday. They'll always be The Next Year team though.

Fascinating post. Thanks. coffee1.gif

Fascinating post. Thanks. coffee1.gif

Your more than welcome.

• Like 1

I notice we are still two points ahead of Moyes lot I notice.

Maybe they will sod off and start moaning about their team. biggrin.png

Lets look at it at the the end of the season.

Funny thing is these Spurs boys all wanted Moyse at the lane not so long ago....what has changed there opinion,is it just because he went to United biggrin.png

Fickle these Spurs boys who once said he was a very good manager.

"Real Madrid could be forced to sell stars like Cristiano Ronaldo and Gareth Bale if they are found to have received illegal state aid."............................A state-aid expert told Sunday Mirror Sport that it is understood "complaints have been lodged with the European Commission by investors and supporters of several clubs from outside Spain – including Tottenham"

Sell them a player for an inflated sum, then report them to the authorities....Classy as ever Spuds. Beginning to wonder who reported 'onest 'arry to the taxman? Wouldn't have been Levy by any chance would it? After all, if he'd gone down, it would have saved a few bob!!!smile.png

• Like 1

Tim Sherwood is appointed as head coach until the end of next season,

so that's probably surprised many in that he won't be just an interim coach

until a big name becomes available.

The fact that he plays a 442 attacking formation and knows what the fans expect

from the team is enough for me to give him my full support.

COYS!

http://www.tottenhamhotspur.com/news/tim-sherwood-appointed-head-coach-231213/