Tottenham Thread

chonabot

Good post above young brit now maybe you see that he is just a yes man for Levy a total win win for him as mentioned before...talk about saving your own arse,

Also you mentioned Sherwood has never managed at this level well the fact is he has never coached at this level either.

Earlier i posted he has not even got the pro badge yet and has been coaching the kids.

Levy will get found out sooner or later,but for me if i was a Spurs fan i would not be happy with the way the chairmen has gone about appointing managers/coaches with very little experience just so he can be in control of spending and transfer activity with his oppo Baldini ....something stinks and that is coming from an outsider who doesn't even know the offside rule wink.png

To be honest i am surprised they never got Martin Jol back!! laugh.png

Good post above young brit now maybe you see that he is just a yes man for Levy a total win win for him as mentioned before...talk about saving your own arse,

Also you mentioned Sherwood has never managed at this level well the fact is he has never coached at this level either.

Earlier i posted he has not even got the pro badge yet and has been coaching the kids.

Levy will get found out sooner or later,but for me if i was a Spurs fan i would not be happy with the way the chairmen has gone about appointing managers/coaches with very little experience just so he can be in control of spending and transfer activity with his oppo Baldini ....something stinks and that is coming from an outsider who doesn't even know the offside rule wink.png

Yes agree with what you say about his coaching credentials if that is true regarding not coached at that level and certainly agree its a win win situation for Levy. However, Sherwood, from the brief bits I have seen over the last few days, doesn't strike me as a 'yes' man.

Lastly....they can't be spending more money surely!!

YB

Yes agree with what you say about his coaching credentials if that is true regarding not coached at that level and certainly agree its a win win situation for Levy. However, Sherwood, from the brief bits I have seen over the last few days, doesn't strike me as a 'yes' man.

YB

Exactly why do you think he has give him the job!

Imagine if Van Gaal had come in ??? hahaha not a chance ....because he is not a yes man.

Sherwood has been coaching at under 21 level end of story ....he doesn't even have the badge to coach professionals yet. So it begs the question why?? and the answer is simple!

Daniel Levy.

So the tots won a game against a side which hasn't won one in weeks.

The glory girls will return to the thread in their hundreds.

Not to waste their time replying to the likes of you they won't. Run along now.....rolleyes.gif

But you did and you are the self-appointed man. Haven't you got better things to do?

I can run; Can the totty players? Nobody has seen a lot of evidence of such this season, though we all know they can walk backwards.

I am sure Sheerwood will improve on their fitness though, as the Wimbeldon option seems like all the totts have left.

Levy tooka cheap option for an expensive, but overall, cheap team.

Euro Football next year?

As for managers and coaches; Fergie was the manager, Phelan was the coach.

Know what I, and many others, mean when it comes to the small team in London?

Edited by Soi Sauce

YB

Imagine if Van Gaal had come in ??? hahaha not a chance ....because he is not a yes man.

Sherwood has been coaching at under 21 level end of story ....he doesn't even have the badge to coach professionals yet. So it begs the question why?? and the answer is simple!

Daniel Levy.

How can he coach without his badge, isn't that illegal?

YB

Daniel Levy.

How can he coach without his badge, isn't that illegal?

Not good enough to get his coaching badge but good enough to coach the team, ses it all about Levy really !!!

Edited by neil focan

I met Sherwood about 10 years ago in a club in the West End - I told him my nephew was a massive Spurs fan

He went to the coach they were on got a programme and went back inside the club and got all the players that were there to sign it - I was very impressed

What did not impress me was that he was a smoker

Sherwood doesn't have a pro licence and will need one beyond 3 months of managing Spurs...

The UEFA Pro Licence is a coaching licence from UEFA (the governing body of footballin Europe). The UEFA Pro Licence is the final coaching qualification available, and follows the completion of the UEFA 'B' and 'A' Licences.[1]

A UEFA Pro Licence is required by anyone who wishes to manage a football club in the top level of the nation's league system on a permanent basis (i.e. more than 12 weeks – the amount of time an unqualified caretaker manager is allowed to take control). This applies to both the head coach or team manager, and such a licence is also required to manage in the UEFA Champions League or UEFA Europa League.

Each current manager of a top-flight team in Europe was set a deadline of 2010 to acquire the licence, or else face losing his post.[2]

Me too.

Having said that, I think Sherwood has got balls.

He was interviewed after the Southampton game, and he said he would not take the job on a temporary basis, so he kind of forced Levys hand into giving him a 'long term' contract. But we all know that can be ripped up at a minutes notice.

If I was a Spurs fan, I would be more concerned that Sherwood and Baldini do not see eye to eye apparantly.. Recipe for disaster in my opinion.

Sherwood seems to be a decent guy, and seems to be well thought of at Spurs. But if Baldini has already got the knives out......................... watch this space.

My take for what its worth is that Sherwood has been appointed on a short term contract that will almost certainly be broken in the summer when he is replaced. That replacement could very possibly be Louis Van Gaal.

Baring in mind the stupidity in the timing of AVB's sacking/parting of ways we needed someone to steer the ship for the rest of the season but i cannot see Sherwood being able to do well enough to meet the boards aspirations further than that. As has been said, he's probably not been paid that much and a short term contract can easily be terminated.

My take for what its worth is that Sherwood has been appointed on a short term contract that will almost certainly be broken in the summer when he is replaced. That replacement could very possibly be Louis Van Gaal.

Baring in mind the stupidity in the timing of AVB's sacking/parting of ways we needed someone to steer the ship for the rest of the season but i cannot see Sherwood being able to do well enough to meet the boards aspirations further than that. As has been said, he's probably not been paid that much and a short term contract can easily be terminated.

It will be interesting to see if there are any new players in January....aspiration is one thing....the manager getting the best from the players another but some of them...too many in fact...have been dog average.

That is not a fault anyone can lie at Sherwood's door....that said if he continues to play with two strikers I will be happy.....rather win 5-4 than see some of the shambolic performances earlier.

It will be interesting to see if there are any new players in January....aspiration is one thing....the manager getting the best from the players another but some of them...too many in fact...have been dog average.

That is not a fault anyone can lie at Sherwood's door....that said if he continues to play with two strikers I will be happy.....rather win 5-4 than see some of the shambolic performances earlier.

Theres nothing wrong with the squad we have. Its an excellent squad. Mindyou, recalling Assou-Ekkoto would be sensible as cover to Rose. Stupid decision in the first place to loan him out.

My worry is up top. I'm expecting Adebayor to go into semi retirement again around the last week of january so Soldado really will need to step up and we can't rely on anything of any worth from Defoe.

Theres nothing wrong with the squad we have. Its an excellent squad. Mindyou, recalling Assou-Ekkoto would be sensible as cover to Rose. Stupid decision in the first place to loan him out.

My worry is up top. I'm expecting Adebayor to go into semi retirement again around the last week of january so Soldado really will need to step up and we can't rely on anything of any worth from Defoe.

My hope is that there is less tinkering and we stick with two strikers injury permitting of course.

I was really asking whether we need anyone and more to the point if Sherwood has asked for a particular player.

You would think after all on discussing a manager's role with the club that transfer policy would be a key point.

I met Sherwood about 10 years ago in a club in the West End - I told him my nephew was a massive Spurs fan

He went to the coach they were on got a programme and went back inside the club and got all the players that were there to sign it - I was very impressed

What did not impress me was that he was a smoker

So WHAT if he is a good coach / manager and helps you avoid relegation ? You might be a nice guy and a Sxgger but you should be more thoughtful...

I think what he did was Brill and your Nephew is very proud of you so stop the PC shxt.smile.png

BT coffee1.gif

• Like 1

We may have to get another striker if Defoe leaves for Toronto.

Otherwise we have a big enough squad all ready.

Not forgetting that BAE & Tom Carroll could be recalled from QPR in Jan,

and Livermore from Hull too, if Sherwood feels they would improve the current

squad.

Carroll & Livermore are Sherwood's players from the youth team so it could well happen.

squad.

Carroll & Livermore are Sherwood's players from the youth team so it could well happen.

Don't think Carroll and Livermore are good enough to get in the first team midfield. Sandro and Capoue are both better defensive mids than Livermore as is Dembele a better player than Carroll.

What we really need is Benny back as cover to Rose. Add to that Kaboul back to fitness so we can for once play a chosen back four of Walker Kaboul Vertonghen Rose.

So for me, one recall will do but as you say who would turn down a striker!!.....Tom Carroll and jake Livermore will progress better with regular first team football.

squad.

Probaly need 2 forwards, 1 for Defoe and 1 instead of Soldado whistling.gif

Edited by neil focan

squad.

He will come back on loan until their season starts, I think.

squad.

You can have Bendtner providing you don't ask for too much money.

whistling.gif

squad.

whistling.gif

Don't worry you'll be giving him away for free when his contract runs out! biggrin.png

squad.

whistling.gif

Don't worry you'll be giving him away for free when his contract runs out! biggrin.png

What does he use to keep his hair that style, bands, clips anyone notice?

A spurs mate of mine has just texted me and said that lamela is playing today, christ it must be difficult playing with 10 men.

Only joking spurs fans, from the little iv'e seen he's just lacking a bit of confidence.

He seems confident about going down easy. I watched only the last 5-10 minutes and he tripped over an anthill twice.whistling.gif