Tottenham Thread

chonabot

Quieter than a library at the lane yesterday, apart from at the final whistle when some fans voiced their opinions again. First premier league home game in charge..... blimey!

Well to be honest, we are somewhere between poor and hopeless really. It seems Sherwood doesn't believe in defensive midfielders, our defensive line is too high for those two center backs, i don't like his chosen 4-4-2 formation and i thought his midfield selection was garbage as was proven after watching the game. If it wasn't for Lloris we could have lost that game.

Quite what Les Ferdinand has done to justify keeping his job over the years is beyond me. He's survived when all others around him have been axed.

Only plus point was Bentelab again which Sherwood takes credit for but i foresee some very pissed off squad members soon.

Quieter than a library at the lane yesterday, apart from at the final whistle when some fans voiced their opinions again. First premier league home game in charge..... blimey!

Well to be honest, we are somewhere between poor and hopeless really. It seems Sherwood doesn't believe in defensive midfielders, our defensive line is too high for those two center backs, i don't like his chosen 4-4-2 formation and i thought his midfield selection was garbage as was proven after watching the game. If it wasn't for Lloris we could have lost that game.

Quite what Les Ferdinand has done to justify keeping his job over the years is beyond me. He's survived when all others around him have been axed.

Only plus point was Bentelab again which Sherwood takes credit for but i foresee some very pissed off squad members soon.

Yes Bentelab looks comfortable on the ball.

Lots of teams are poor but the crowd gets behind them and helps them at home. By it being silent or having a negative atmosphere it helps the opposition. This is evident by the fact your away form is better.

YB

Yes Bentelab looks comfortable on the ball.

Lots of teams are poor but the crowd gets behind them and helps them at home. By it being silent or having a negative atmosphere it helps the opposition. This is evident by the fact your away form is better.

YB

I feel the main reason for our away form being so good is that teams open up at us looking to score and take some initiative, rather than at WHL where many just sit back and play for a point

As well as supporters hey carmine.

Spurs sink back into mediocrity.

Quite and looking at the table i see your lot ain't any better.

Mindyou, if Sherwood continues to pick the sides he is you really won't have anything to worry about on new years day believe me. He's already looking like an absolute berk tactically.

• Like 1

Whaddya mean, "Sink Back into Medoicrity?"

They've always been mediocre.

BTW, did you hear about the tots manger who was so bad, even their fans noticed.

You definitely sound like a Croydon based Chelsea fan. Would i be correct?

Mindyou, if Sherwood continues to pick the sides he is you really won't have anything to worry about on new years day believe me. He's already looking like an absolute berk tactically.

Actually mate we have just won five games on the bounce....something we have not done for like 10 years or something!

We are now above you in the table so by your reckoning we are better yes? tongue.png you win nothing at Xmas and i don'know if you have noticed but in fact United are closing the gap it was 12 points a couple of weeks ago mate.

BTW, did you hear about the tots manger who was so bad, even their fans noticed.

Like most things you say agbout about the tots, you are very, very far from correct.

With me being from North London, however, your guess is a lot more accurate than yer strikers' shots. That's if they ever manage any.

In fairness regarding the midfield yesterday,

Paulinho was serving his last match ban,

Dembele and Sandro are injured.

That leaves Holtby and Capoue, and he went for Holtby, not much else he could have done.

Also,

Sherwood playing a different formation and having little time to implement it

due to the amount of games played at this time of the year is going to be difficult

to hit the ground running.

I think the 442 suits Ade and Soldado as they can drop in deeper to get on the ball

much more than they would playing a lone striker, which creates better opportunites

for the whole team.

Things should improve now that Paulinho has had a rest and back in contention.

Also like the look of Bentaleb feels like we've signed a new player.

In fairness regarding the midfield yesterday,

Paulinho was serving his last match ban,

Dembele and Sandro are injured.

That leaves Holtby and Capoue, and he went for Holtby, not much else he could have done.

Also,

Sherwood playing a different formation and having little time to implement it

due to the amount of games played at this time of the year is going to be difficult

to hit the ground running.

I think the 442 suits Ade and Soldado as they can drop in deeper to get on the ball

much more than they would playing a lone striker, which creates better opportunites

for the whole team.

Things should improve now that Paulinho has had a rest and back in contention.

Also like the look of Bentaleb feels like we've signed a new player.

You have.....7 of them! whistling.gifwhistling.gif

Like most things you say agbout about the tots, you are very, very far from correct.

With me being from North London, however, your guess is a lot more accurate than yer strikers' shots. That's if they ever manage any.

Oh you're from Hertfordshire!! where theres a large base of arsenal support that never go to games and learn their football from sitting in an armchair watching SSN. Sounds about right laugh.png

Oh you're from Hertfordshire!! where theres a large base of arsenal support that never go to games and learn their football from sitting in an armchair watching SSN. Sounds about right laugh.png

So you're as ignorant about geography as you are about football. Hertfordshire is a home county, not part of London. Then again your squad seem to be players but not part of a team. Understandable then.

Your initial H is correct though, but never seen armchairs either at Highbury or The Emirates.Must be as rare as tot goals from open play.

Guess again, then you can feel you are emulating your long line of managers who seem to do nothing but guess, but rarely correctly.

Good luck!

YoungBrit,

If your referring to how many midfielders are in the Tottenham squad,

then we have more than 7

As for defensive midfielders, we have less.

I think he was jokingly referring to your rather funny statement it feels like we have signed a new player!

When in fact you signed seven only a few months ago!

You can't beat a bit of sarcastic banter especially on the Spuds thread biggrin.png

• Like 1

Actually mate we have just won five games on the bounce....something we have not done for like 10 years or something!

We are now above you in the table so by your reckoning we are better yes? tongue.png you win nothing at Xmas and i don'know if you have noticed but in fact United are closing the gap it was 12 points a couple of weeks ago mate.

You're off topic again....this thread is all about what happened to Paulinho and the other guy.....wossisname....

Sign a fkin striker....sign Benteke...

That kinda stuff...we don't give a flying fark how many points your robot accrues.

YoungBrit,

then we have more than 7

Ha ha was referring to the 7 new players you signed!

We also got rid of 7 players too don't forget.

So you're as ignorant about geography as you are about football. Hertfordshire is a home county, not part of London. Then again your squad seem to be players but not part of a team. Understandable then.

Your initial H is correct though, but never seen armchairs either at Highbury or The Emirates.Must be as rare as tot goals from open play.

Guess again, then you can feel you are emulating your long line of managers who seem to do nothing but guess, but rarely correctly.

Good luck!

No pal, i've read your posts. You seem to be a white boy who likes talking in a jamaican accent with a stupid baseball cap on his bonce. sad

Try and post with a modicum of sense if you want anyone to treat you other than a total retard....innit bruv

YoungBrit,

then we have more than 7

Ha ha was referring to the 7 new players you signed!

We also got rid of 7 players too don't forget.

A few of them you shouldn't of.

You're off topic again....this thread is all about what happened to Paulinho and the other guy.....wossisname....

Sign a fkin striker....sign Benteke...

That kinda stuff...we don't give a flying fark how many points your robot accrues.

They would have two strikers who are low on confidence and can't score at the moment.

Edited by YoungBrit
  • Like 1

Too true YB. Don't believe he's scored in his last ten appearances!

Mindyou i still think we were mugs not to do the deal. Seems like Levy handled it in the same penny pinching manner as he did when he messed up the Joao Moutinho transfer.

Benteke's just going through a bad spell that every striker has but he's quality and will get past it.

Torres has been having a bad spell for nearly four years now remember!!!

Mindyou i still think we were mugs not to do the deal. Seems like Levy handled it in the same penny pinching manner as he did when he messed up the Joao Moutinho transfer.

Benteke's just going through a bad spell that every striker has but he's quality and will get past it.

Hmmmmm I don't like signing players after one good or very good season for a lot of money. The second and third seasons are a lot better judge of a players ability. My main reason for this is once teams have had a chance to 'look at' the player and 'work him out' then see how good the player is.

That said I agree he is a good player with an all round good game and yes it might well be that he is going through a 'bad spell' and he comes good. He is a young lad and I hope he does. Whether he does or not I don't know, have to wait and see but I wouldn't want my club putting down large sums for him or any player in a similar situation to him.

Just my opinion.

YB

Good luck!

No pal, i've read your posts. You seem to be a white boy who likes talking in a jamaican accent with a stupid baseball cap on his bonce. sad

Try and post with a modicum of sense if you want anyone to treat you other than a total retard....innit bruv

Could you please tell me where the Jamacian accent comes from? And what is a baseball cap?

You are wrong about where I come from, you are wrong about football, and you are now wrong about spelling and punctuation..

Isn't it, brother!

And it is not talking, it is writing. Go back to skool with your manager. He needs educating too, Ask FIFA.

Edited by Soi Sauce

Hmmmmm I don't like signing players after one good or very good season for a lot of money. The second and third seasons are a lot better judge of a players ability. My main reason for this is once teams have had a chance to 'look at' the player and 'work him out' then see how good the player is.

That said I agree he is a good player with an all round good game and yes it might well be that he is going through a 'bad spell' and he comes good. He is a young lad and I hope he does. Whether he does or not I don't know, have to wait and see but I wouldn't want my club putting down large sums for him or any player in a similar situation to him.

Just my opinion.

YB

Michu is a good example: scored 18 goals in 35 league appearances and was the most efficient striker in EPL halfway through last season. This season 12 games 2 goals.

I know there are variables that contribute to theses figures including injury concerns for Michu, but he was being priced and hyped to crazy levels from January onwards. I'm very happy we didn't go in for him.

Just my opinion.

YB

Michu is a good example: scored 18 goals in 35 league appearances and was the most efficient striker in EPL halfway through last season. This season 12 games 2 goals.

I know there are variables that contribute to theses figures including injury concerns for Michu, but he was being priced and hyped to crazy levels from January onwards. I'm very happy we didn't go in for him.

Yes but they only paid 2m for him. He was the bargain of the season and is still a bargain.