Tottenham Thread

chonabot

As i was trying to say before mi ISP let me down AGAIN i think that Liverpool will suprise a few sceptics this season and will be right in the scrap for a top four finish. It's going to be even tighter than last year.

If they fail to buy another striker they will suffer the same fate as last season...and Torres WILL get injured. I was hoping with a couple of top signings we would be talking about a scrap with the Arse and Man Yoo but there we are same old same old....even skint the Mancs have spent a bundle. :angry:

Looks like Billy Gallas is on his way. Despite my misgivings theres no doubting he's a very good player. At the end of the day Woodgates finished and unlikely to even be named in the 25. For whats on offer in that particular position i think he's the best we can get.

That <deleted> Lawrenson has just posted his predictions on the weekends games and has us down to beat City. I wish he's just f_uck off. Almost every game we lost last year he had us down for a win. Like all the other pundits emploted by the BBC he seems to take no interest either in updating his knowledge of whats going on.

Maybe for once he;ll get it right. :(

Looks like Billy Gallas is on his way. Despite my misgivings theres no doubting he's a very good player. At the end of the day Woodgates finished and unlikely to even be named in the 25. For whats on offer in that particular position i think he's the best we can get.

:boring: Tell me it aint so....its just hopeless. :crying:

Yeh, he talks all the sense that Hanson does. Thats "Alan, you don't win the league with kids Hanson".

Last seasons favourite was "You can always rely on Spurs to let you down" quoted just before our very impressive run in to secure fourth.

He can <removed> off too. I'm not even going to mention McMahon or howver that irrevevent gits name is spelt.

The excitement is building nonetheless....i can't wait for it...:header:

Yeh, he talks all the sense that Hanson does. Thats "Alan, you don't win the league with kids Hanson".

Last seasons favourite was "You can always rely on Spurs to let you down" quoted just before our very impressive run in to secure fourth.

He can <removed> off too. I'm not even going to mention McMahon or howver that irrevevent gits name is spelt.

If you want to hav a pop at those of us born in God's own country please use the appropriate thread.....:P

We should have a good chance today with almost everyone fit....for me Defoe and Crouch up front...will Sandro get a start do ya reckon?

If you want to hav a pop at those of us born in God's own country please use the appropriate thread.....:P

We should have a good chance today with almost everyone fit....for me Defoe and Crouch up front...will Sandro get a start do ya reckon?

Sandro is unelidgable to play until September so he'll play Huddlestone centrally with Palacious Lennon and Modric. As i said before Sandro who is now a full international is going to make life hard for Huddlestone and its going to take some very good man management from Rednapp to keep him happy.

Sandro is unelidgable to play until September so he'll play Huddlestone centrally with Palacious Lennon and Modric. As i said before Sandro who is now a full international is going to make life hard for Huddlestone and its going to take some very good man management from Rednapp to keep him happy.

Here's hoping we hit the ground running and have their prima donna £150k a week lot 2-0 down by half time....:)

Had it not been for Joe Hart we should have had the game won by half time....I hope Mr Levy was watching....and buys a top striker in the next few days.....overall a good start I reckon. ;)

EDIT: Just to add Gareth Bale was fantastic first half...

Edited by smokie36

Well done boys. Before the game I would have been happy with a point. After the game, I'm over the moon with a point. For the majority of that game we was totally outplayed..

EDIT: Just to add Gareth Bale was fantastic first half...

Yep. He is looking VERY good ;)

And that is why we MUST buy a decent striker. Our forwards just need too many chances to score. They are not CL standard.

Well done to City for hanging in. Silva showing some quality already. Gareth Bale superb again, as was Ledley.

All in all good game and two points dropped due to crap finishing and some great goalkeeping.

Will Shay Given be looking to move now that Hart has clearly made his point?

And that is why we MUST buy a decent striker. Our forwards just need too many chances to score. They are not CL standard.

Well done to City for hanging in. Silva showing some quality already. Gareth Bale superb again, as was Ledley.

All in all good game and two points dropped due to crap finishing and some great goalkeeping.

Leby won't get a better rxample of why we need a better class of striker....hope he is listening now....

Play like that on Tuesday night and we should score a few against the Swiss side. ;)

Leby won't get a better rxample of why we need a better class of striker....hope he is listening now....

Play like that on Tuesday night and we should score a few against the Swiss side. ;)

Levy's way too late and let rednapp and the supporters down. That is unless something remarkable happens that no one knows about. I've always loathed the slimy little shit since his treatment and sacking of Martin Jol. Finished fourth and Gallas on a free is all we'll end up with.

Levy's way too late and let rednapp and the supporters down. That is unless something remarkable happens that no one knows about. I've always loathed the slimy little shit since his treatment and sacking of Martin Jol. Finished fourth and Gallas on a free is all we'll end up with.

Well its clear from what Redknapp has said that Levy has been given a shortlist of players.....if we go through the season missing this many chances it would be a disaster. :o

Well its clear from what Redknapp has said that Levy has been given a shortlist of players.....if we go through the season missing this many chances it would be a disaster. :o

Theres no ifs about it. The seasons started, our first CL qualifier is in a couple of days. Thats it...Gallas probably/possibly on a free.

That game should have been over and done with by half time and i mean no disrespect to City. Our strikers need far too many chances..end of.

First day of the new season and you're off on it already! :lol:

The fat lady aint sung yet mate....

Indeed. First game of the season chaps and you played some beautiful stuff. Yeah so you missed some chances but think positive - at least you were making them and give the lads a bit more playing time to fine tune it all and they'll be banging them in for fun. Should also be remembered that you were up against some keeping of the highest order.

I'm stating the very very obvious. We have the league FA cup, carling and probably CL group stages with exactly the same squad. Its never ever going to be enough. The chairman has f_ucked up big time. He does not have the ambitions held by the Tottenham faithful, who he knows will still turn up everywhere, selling out our ticket allocations. Rednapp on the other hand is already making his excuses about having needed to strengthen, not enough options etc etc. It was glaringly obvious. I'm not going into one, just bitterly disappointed because i can see how close this squad is to being very very good. It must also be very frustrating for Rednapp, for, as much as i dislike the man, has more than done his bit.

First day of the new season and you're off on it already! :lol:

The fat lady aint sung yet mate....

Indeed. First game of the season chaps and you played some beautiful stuff. Yeah so you missed some chances but think positive - at least you were making them and give the lads a bit more playing time to fine tune it all and they'll be banging them in for fun. Should also be remembered that you were up against some keeping of the highest order.

I agree with you Rix. I'm just saying with a couple of big signings we could challenge at the highest levael and its deeply frustrating to see how close we are. We'll play some great football for sure and we'll be up there but not quite where i think we could be. If you go back to one of my recent posts i've written down our current best eleven to include Sandro in central midfield. Look at that team and add a couple of quality signings ;) I reckon we are very close to challenging the big "three"

I reckon we are very close to challenging the big "three"

Big three? Can't quite figure out whether that dig is meant for Miggsy or Stevie? :lol:

I was smiling when i threw that one in and i'm leaving open to interpretation. :D

its deeply frustrating to see how close we are

Deeply frustrating? I would have thought the words would be extremely encouraging, but then perhaps outsiders have more realistic expectations than insiders?

Quite possibly but theres always two ways of looking at it isn't there.

Deeply frustrating? I would have thought the words would be extremely encouraging, but then perhaps outsiders have more realistic expectations than insiders?

Dunno. I reckon Hammers fans might struggle to find more than one way of looking at their current prospects.

Dunno. I reckon Hammers fans might struggle to find more than one way of looking at their current prospects.

I'm sure singhy might have a comment or two. But its early days and i'm just delighted the seasons underway and i can forget about that crap world cup. :D

I reckon we are very close to challenging the big "three"

Big three? Can't quite figure out whether that dig is meant for Miggsy or Stevie? :lol:

I was smiling when i threw that one in and i'm leaving open to interpretation. :D

I reckon you're having a pop at Mancini's aspirations......no doubt dreaming of the fat payoff as we speak.....its win win all the way at Citeh.....:rolleyes:

A loan deal for Shay Given might be worth a look there. ;)