Tottenham Thread

chonabot

3 nil at home to Norwich and you can almost touch the excitement in here alfie rolleyes.gif

GD of 17 is rather pleasing I will admit.

we are going to beat you 18-0 and pip you for 5th wink.png

Only twice have we been beaten this season...says a lot about the spirit and quality of our squad.

Best of luck mickeys...but I fancy us for a top four spot now.

3 nil at home to Norwich and you can almost touch the excitement in here alfie rolleyes.gif

Only twice have we been beaten this season...says a lot about the spirit and quality of our squad.

<deleted> hell smokie, forbidden words!! ....you've just tripped the imaginary alarm in alfie's head.

I see no reason why SaPurs aren't genuine title challengers. You've lost 2 games..joint best GD..form team (along with Watford)..only 6 points behind Leicester who might drop away..only 4 points behind 2nd placed Arsenal who currently look the most likely. Go on you lot, shout it out, "title contenders"...no need to be so reserved.

• Like 1

I see no reason why SaPurs aren't genuine title challengers. You've lost 2 games..joint best GD..form team (along with Watford)..only 6 points behind Leicester who might drop away..only 4 points behind 2nd placed Arsenal who currently look the most likely. Go on you lot, shout it out, "title contenders"...no need to be so reserved.

I agree regarding Spurs, but I think City are most likely to win the title as you have the strongest squad.

Really ? In the words of the. Immortal j j cale. 'Well, I 've heard that rumble and i've heard it b4, 'it's the same old blues its the same old blues again'

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Sounds like Captain Beefheart to me...

sounds like you both know as much about music as you do about football,, v little clap2.gif

edit, the inclusion of both.

Edited by rijit

I agree regarding Spurs,

Nah if we lost kane We'd really struggle to replace him and his goals in fact chances are i think we'd probably falter.

Sky reporting that Harringay Council approved your new stadium plans overnight.

Yes we know, it was in the news first thing this morning coffee1.gif

I liked Arsene's good humoured response at today's press conference* when challenged with the fact that NWHL will be 1,000'ish seats bigger than the Library. "So are you going to add a few more seats at The Emirates Arsene"? [with an uncharacteristic twinkle] "Yes, we'll see what we can do!"

I'm tempted to add - 'oh no - a further excuse not to spend on players', but Chic would be on my tail for that.

*Does anyone else here despise that crappy term "presser"?!

Yes and I also despise words such as "horrid", "journo" and "lino"and phrases like "a bunch of beers", "grab some beers" etc.

It is probably part of the ageing process.

I was gonna go into this post and brag ,, but there aint really much point ,. the result is there for all to see

after that nasty challenge that warranted the red card I know they had a few moments , but 2 me there was only gonna be one winner , shame for gomez , seemed to lose where he was after the initial clearance ,, and what spacial awareness by lamella for the first as stoney said made it look easy and walking through a prem defence like that should be anything but.. Good to see son carry on from pre injury getting in there and nicking a goal here and there. and finally our c/d looks solid as carms said after last season its a huge turn around,, big up for pochs 4 just sticking by the pairing, just shows what a run together can do.. only slight disappointment was rose, but aint nothing new in that. 3 rd and imo still more to come from that team/squad.

Sky reporting that Harringay Council approved your new stadium plans overnight.

Yes we know, it was in the news first thing this morning coffee1.gif

I liked Arsene's good humoured response at today's press conference* when challenged with the fact that NWHL will be 1,000'ish seats bigger than the Library. "So are you going to add a few more seats at The Emirates Arsene"? [with an uncharacteristic twinkle] "Yes, we'll see what we can do!"

I'm tempted to add - 'oh no - a further excuse not to spend on players', but Chic would be on my tail for that.

*Does anyone else here despise that crappy term "presser"?!

Yes and I also despise words such as "horrid", "journo" and "lino"and phrases like "a bunch of beers", "grab some beers" etc.

It is probably part of the ageing process.

what's wrong with lino? still better than referee's assistant.

presser can do one though. rubbish term.

• Like 1

I was gonna go into this post and brag ,, but there aint really much point ,. the result is there for all to see

after that nasty challenge that warranted the red card I know they had a few moments , but 2 me there was only gonna be one winner , shame for gomez , seemed to lose where he was after the initial clearance ,, and what spacial awareness by lamella for the first as stoney said made it look easy and walking through a prem defence like that should be anything but.. Good to see son carry on from pre injury getting in there and nicking a goal here and there. and finally our c/d looks solid as carms said after last season its a huge turn around,, big up for pochs 4 just sticking by the pairing, just shows what a run together can do.. only slight disappointment was rose, but aint nothing new in that. 3 rd and imo still more to come from that team/squad.

Really didn't read like too much to brag about on the BBC feed, hanging on against 10 men, dubious goal from an offside not given, 3 shots on target. Scintillating stuff.

Lino ? H to me it sounds too much like Australian slang, and Australian slang is the verbal equivalent of scraping your fingernails down a blackboard (or is it a window?), anyway it just doesn't sit right.

No doubt you can go back to your pint while I will go back to trying to get to sleep.

• Like 1

Really didn't read like too much to brag about on the BBC feed, hanging on against 10 men, dubious goal from an offside not given, 3 shots on target. Scintillating stuff.
How did your lot fare at watford. Recently? Not far short of a spanking i seem to recall. 10 or 11 men theyre a physical well orgonised team that are happy to resort to what ever it takes to win. We showed some excellent controlled football against some pretty cynical style football. Best you stick to capt beefheart quotes, oh silly me you dont know much about him either.

'

Oh just to clarify the 'bragging bit, we just took 3 points away at a teamthat had kept 3 clean sheets in row i believe and won last four out of five. And arguably making them one of the form teams inthe prem at the mo.

Edited by rijit
  • Like 1

Third....got to smile whatever! biggrin.png

Deservedly so Smokes. Didn't watch Spurs last night but all season you've been playing some great football. Don't know what is taking you Spurs fans so long to realise/admit that you are genuine title contenders. The rest of us know it.

• Like 1

Yes Bob, scintillating stuff, 3 points and for now, 3rd in the league. thumbsup.gif

Deservedly so Smokes. Didn't watch Spurs last night but all season you've been playing some great football. Don't know what is taking you Spurs fans so long to realise/admit that you are genuine title contenders. The rest of us know it.

You don't win the league with kids MrB!! biggrin.png

oh yeah. Forgot about that biggrin.png

And without having a large net spend whistling.gif

Deservedly so Smokes. Didn't watch Spurs last night but all season you've been playing some great football. Don't know what is taking you Spurs fans so long to realise it

Its quite simple really bo its cos we ain't title contenders. Were on a great run and some key Players are staying Injury free and are stepping up but a few injuries to key players and well be bac as also rans. Same old same old.

Edited by rijit

How did your lot fare at watford. Recently? Not far short of a spanking i seem to recall. 10 or 11 men theyre a physical well orgonised team that are happy to resort to what ever it takes to win. We showed some excellent controlled football against some pretty cynical style football. Best you stick to capt beefheart quotes, oh silly me you dont know much about him either.

In your opening para you sounding like you'd just give Watford drubbing, when it wasn't the case. How our team fared as nothing to do with it, Spurs are a much better side.

Also, I didn't quote Captain Beefheart, he covered the song, that's why I said it sounded like Captain Beefheart. I can guarantee you my knowledge of music is deep and plentiful. Best you get back to your George Formby playing Gramophone!

Deservedly so Smokes. Didn't watch Spurs last night but all season you've been playing some great football. Don't know what is taking you Spurs fans so long to realise it

Its quite simple really bo its cos we ain't title contenders. Were on a great run and some key Players are staying Injury free and are stepping up but a few injuries to key players and well be bac as also rans. Same old same old.

"We ain't title contenders"...you are in denial if that's what you're thinking. There's no reason SaPurs can't go all the way.