Tottenham Thread

chonabot

13 hours ago, balo said:

Looking good for Spurs now , Arsenal and Liverpool giving us presents today , now we can only pray that Man City will do the same.  

We don't need gifts...just to play better.

Three points though gladly taken!

Has anyone yet the slightest idea as to why we spent 30m on Sissoko?

Was it a Levy/Poch brain fade moment?  When i look at our bench and see the inexperience it makes it more and more obvious how the money could have been better spent.  With the current injury situation even more so.

dont want to b playing to many of those bottom 6 ish teams atm yet considering possesion and how one sided it was 1-0 doesnt reflect how dominant we were, almost to the point of me being bored and boro somehow keeping  the score down to 1 , could have STOLEN a point at the end  tbh , i'm just grateful for 3 points, IT'LL BE REMEMBERED AS a WIN, A CLEAN SHEET and now time  2 move on, .

Edited by 3 minus 2

6 hours ago, 3 minus 2 said:

dont want to b playing to many of those bottom 6 ish teams atm yet considering possesion and how one sided it was 1-0 doesnt reflect how dominant we were, almost to the point of me being bored and boro somehow keeping  the score down to 1 , could have STOLEN a point at the end  tbh , i'm just grateful for 3 points, IT'LL BE REMEMBERED AS a WIN, A CLEAN SHEET and now time  2 move on, .

Its something we have to learn to deal with.  The others have been dealing with it for years and so must we now.  Our game rests so much, in situations like this on the like of Eriksen and Dembele creating the opening.

Edited by carmine

22 hours ago, 3 minus 2 said:

seems like we missed one when we didnt sign dembele, TEARING the scots prem up.

Agreed, should have given them what they wanted and not try to screw them.  Ended up with Janssen who may come good but........

1 hour ago, carmine said:

Agreed, should have given them what they wanted and not try to screw them.  Ended up with Janssen who may come good but........

agreed janseen is still a but, that atm could go either way,, me ,  i'de go he's gonna miss, not down to talent just i reckon his style of game aint suited to coming of the bench, some players manage it ok  some dont,, alfies little 'like' long can do it defoe could, any ways , as for dembele , wasnt the money if i recall correctly it was they wanted him bac on loan for the rest of the season, we wanted him straight away,, so we pulled tbh found it bizzare we got to agreeing money ect ect and then said no and pulled out   when it was plainly obvious we would have to wait for anyone else

here's one COMPLETLY SPECULATIVE AND from 'outside' of the ball park , my gut, i know he's injured ect ect, but something  is telling me all is not right/well  in the  lamela camp. From what i've heard in the past he aint the brightest cookie  and i reckon he's gonna come bac with 'i didnt settle in london' ie I MADE NO EFFORT  BUT 'i'm home sick and want a move' we'll c. maybe the close season, but i reckon it'll happen sooner , rather than latter.

I see Spurs bloggers are absolutely slating the players.  Well to a point they deserve it because its another game whereby in the first half we just didn't turn up.  WHY IS THIS?!!!

Second half we showed much more commitment presumably due to a managerial boot up the arsenal but it was already very clear that we were not on our game yesterday.

This also highlighted Rose's absence and what he brings to the team.  Without him we are defensively weaker, the balance of the side is completely upset against top opposition and we are very one dimensional going forward.

This was a reality check and whilst we are stronger in every way since Poch took over i don't think we have either the depth in squad or the total mentality to win the league as our record away to the other top sides confirms.

However, onwards and upwards and hopefully we will have Rose and Vertonghen back soon.  Who the hell knows whats going on with Lamela!

Liverpool are the only team to have bettered us this season in pure footballing terms on both occasions.

A poor 1st half display for sure but all credit to the scousers who matched us even when we improved.

Its clear neither of our sides has the strength in depth yet to win the league but I'd bet on us both being in the top four come May.

Lamela? Gone in the summer I'd wager and hopefully we will bring in a more committed creative talent.....we lack that at the moment.

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, smokie36 said:

Liverpool are the only team to have bettered us this season in pure footballing terms on both occasions.

A poor 1st half display for sure but all credit to the scousers who matched us even when we improved.

Its clear neither of our sides has the strength in depth yet to win the league but I'd bet on us both being in the top four come May.

Lamela? Gone in the summer I'd wager and hopefully we will bring in a more committed creative talent.....we lack that at the moment.

We didn't improve at all mate.  We simply showed a bit of fight that should have been there in the first half.  

Its almost a cliche to say this about a side but we need a Viera/Keane in our side to captain.  If we had a Dave MacKay this side could win the league because a leader like that would have us up for it from the start and not after a half time bollocking

• Like 1

Totally crap.  Are the players even interested in the Europa League?  And i'm still trying to fathom spending 30m on Sissoko.   

just seems that since we lost Rose and Vertonghen we've lost our shape and balance.

It also highlights that fact that we have an excellent fully fit starting eleven but a weak squad.  

3 hours ago, carmine said:

just seems that since we lost Rose and Vertonghen we've lost our shape and balance.

I

yeah, losing one defensive 'natural' lhs player is a miss,, but 2!!!   its  tuf, think its more or less  the same more or less in the whole of the top, arguably look what happened to the arse after losing their No 1 c/b against bayern.  

in wimmer and davies we should have instant replacements, however to get into the groove it takes plenty of match time and they just dont get that its up and running or your out, as wimmer, unfortunatly justifiably, found so  in the best laid plans !!!! just goes to show how fragile and easy to disrupt even the most steady defences , which arguably we were.

with sissoko, situation  reminds me a bit of chadly, another that had it in his locker to drop his shoulder and power past someone, u know he can do it why the f he doesnt,,, is to say the least irratating.

was listening to it on an irish channel and they kept on saying '1=0  easyish 2 overcome, it'll be allright bac at the lane!!!. yeah right,, the thing is with wembley ,no way its gonna be easy  its part of EVERY players dream to play there, no matter who they are they are gonna up their game be on their double a plus game,,, as we've found out.

i really think its well over due we turned all this money and progress into a trophy, lets hope we can stay in this cup from now on its  interesting and v competative.

7 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

Idioms eh, how about practice what you preach, or, behave as you would have others behave.

7 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

Idioms eh, how about practice what you preach, or, behave as you would have others behave.

Go away BB

4 hours ago, carmine said:

Some much needed good news with Vertonghen back to full training.  Rose could be only two more weeks.

Lamela?   

lamala !!! now there's a fine one bout time the club made some comment, just a thought  probably for the first time since he joined we'd  get our money bac and u know levy!!!!,  read some where verity  in contention 4 today, though tbh wouldnt be a bad game to give the fringe players a start, vorm ect  ect  they need minutes on the pitch big time.