Tottenham Thread

chonabot

33 minutes ago, alfieconn said:

So out of our 4 main defenders you don't rate 3 of them ! crikey Alderweireld must be a lot  better than we all think taking into consideration we've got the best defensive record in the League.

In case you hadn't noticed Keane is right footed so he wouldn't be an upgrade on Vert's who is left footed, incidently we already have 3 right footed  centre halfs so unless we're going to play 3 at the back more often i think that's a no no on that one,  not that we would pay what Burnley would be asking anyway !

If you said Harry Maguire i'd be more inclined to agree with you !

31 minutes ago, alfieconn said:

If you said Harry Maguire i'd be more inclined to agree with you !

As defenders  going forward alfie rose and walker in the prem are dificult to better, however as out right defenders theyve improved but still aint that great.

And as for verity, weve had this convers b4 no i dont particulary rate him for me toby 100% holds that bac line and it would be prudent for the future  to get a younger player to 'grow' next to him and i must admit  after keanes debut for england had him down as a left footer.as for the sort of money burnley are looking for, well,we'll just have to get used to it

Edited by 3 minus 2

That was a big, big win last night and fingers crossed that Dembele's ankle is nothing serious and he's ok for next sunday.

I see next weekend as pivotal now with us having to win and Everton having to beat Chelsea.  If so we could go into the next weekend playing before them.  We've just got to win every game and hope.  Isn't rocket science is it!!!

1 hour ago, carmine said:

That was a big, big win last night and fingers crossed that Dembele's ankle is nothing serious and he's ok for next sunday.

I see next weekend as pivotal now with us having to win and Everton having to beat Chelsea.  If so we could go into the next weekend playing before them.  We've just got to win every game and hope.  Isn't rocket science is it!!!

I think there is a case for Eriksen to play in the mid 2 from now on, influences the game so much from there plus his defending is a lot better.

People were talking about Winks playing there so why not !

5 minutes ago, alfieconn said:

I think there is a case for Eriksen to play in the mid 2 from now on, influences the game so much from there plus his defending is a lot better.

People were talking about Winks playing there so why not !

Yes he was a lot deeper second half and very effective.

On 04/26/2017 at 0:25 PM, alfieconn said:

So out of our 4 main defenders you don't rate 3 of them ! crikey Alderweireld must be a lot  better than we all think taking into consideration we've got the best defensive record in the League.

In case you hadn't noticed Keane is right footed so he wouldn't be an upgrade on Vert's who is left footed, incidently we already have 3 right footed  centre halfs so unless we're going to play 3 at the back more often i think that's a no no on that one,  not

F Nos why it keeps putting your comment bac.... annoying  any way .. last nites game... A well contested yet unnatractive game to watch, b  but hardy surprising against a team of sam,, well orgonised to stiffle and did  so not without   a touch of skill. would luv 2 have zaha next season .. the boys class. We got the upper hand after poch put xtra men in the midfeild 2 nd half. Thought sissoko had a good game man and I' m confident he will step up.  next up the   arse wipes... a must win if there ever was one .

Wembley confirmed for next season. A serious question, bearing in mind that for the next 2 seasons Spurs will be in "new" and unfamiliar surroundings: Is this season going to be as good as it gets for Spurs?

21 hours ago, alfieconn said:

Carms, i'm finding it quite hilarious watching all the big clubs fighting for the CL spot's while our little old club who have the lowest net spend in the League are comfortable in 2nd  :shock1: 

And their feeling of jealousy is palpable!

7 hours ago, champers said:

Wembley confirmed for next season. A serious question, bearing in mind that for the next 2 seasons Spurs will be in "new" and unfamiliar surroundings: Is this season going to be as good as it gets for Spurs?

I'm worried , look at West Ham,  are they still familiar with their new place? 

7 hours ago, champers said:

Next season will be harder due to having to use Wembley but why would it be as good as it gets.  Were not building to compete for one season.  But, i do think that next season will be markedly tougher as everyone will relish their away game against us because for many it might be the only chance they will ever get to play there

2 minutes ago, carmine said:

Next season will be harder due to having to use Wembley but why would it be as good as it gets.  Were not building to compete for one season.  But, i do think that next season will be markedly tougher as everyone will relish their away game against us because for many it might be the only chance they will ever get to play there

1 win in 4 in your last appearances down the road don't look good and an NFL stadium to look forward to sounds ideal!

3 hours ago, balo said:

I'm worried , look at West Ham,  are they still familiar with their new place? 

Familiarity is not the only factor that one can be negated and reduced

Its the 'playing at wembley' factor, ever mother and its pram will TOTALLY be on their A game plus,  EVERYBODY! MAJORLY  STEPS THIER GAME UP, playing at wembley has an iconic status and players respond accordingly.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, wilai said:

Even Joshua has more wins than the Spuds at Wembley in 2017!:whistling:

Ye gawds wilai people in glass houses my son.

Run along and sort out your defence bwahahaha!

Perhaps better just throw it in the bin and start again eh?

1 minute ago, RonniePickering22 said:

Ye gawds wilai people in glass houses my son.

Run along and sort out your defence bwahahaha!

Perhaps better just throw it in the bin and start again eh?

Firesale boy, firesale.  Eric dier to united allI loses interest as diers his best pal. Alli taps up his agent who in turn taps up Real Madrid which sparks city into the manhunt and you have 2 new cheques in the trophy hall. 40m dier to united and 80 million Alli to city. Add that to the unlucky venue that is Wembley and pochs final season sees spuds languish in 7th position.

56 minutes ago, Rc2702 said:

Firesale boy, firesale.  Eric dier to united allI loses interest as diers his best pal. Alli taps up his agent who in turn taps up Real Madrid which sparks city into the manhunt and you have 2 new cheques in the trophy hall. 40m dier to united and 80 million Alli to city. Add that to the unlucky venue that is Wembley and pochs final season sees spuds languish in 7th position.

You're clearly a fan of that fantasy football <deleted>. :smile:

• Like 1

A Totally dominant display cant remember the arse wipes even looking like they were gonna score. 4 or 5 nil would have been a truer reflection anyways hapi days and carms seems poch is atm agreeing with our assement of the walker trippier conundrum.

• Like 2