Tottenham Thread

chonabot

31 minutes ago, sotsira said:

We don't have enough depth in the squad to compete on all fronts we need at least 3-4 additions

without letting anyone else go.

For me a good window would mean bringing in :-

Ryan Sessegnon

Davinson Sanchez

Ross Barkley

Total cost approx £100M

Danny Rose can F/O up north next season once Sessegnon has settled.

You make it sound like Sessegnon is done deal is it even possible this window?

Edited by BangrakBob

35 minutes ago, BangrakBob said:

You make it sound like Sessegnon is done deal is it even possible this window?

Not saying its a done deal at all, but it isn't a recent pursuit.  We've been after him for a while.  What i am saying is if we got the other two and him it would be an excellent window.

Just now, carmine said:

Not saying its a done deal at all, but it isn't a recent pursuit.  We've been after him for a while.  What i am saying is if we got the other two and him it would be an excellent window.

If we got Suarez back it would be a good window, my point was what do you think the likelihood of it happening seeing as he has signed a new contract and agreed to stay another year at Fulham? 

I'm still hoping we can have crack next season. :whistling:

2 hours ago, RonniePickering22 said:

I wouldn't be over concerned if we brought no one in given the quality of youngsters knocking on the door to be honest but for a run at 3 or 4 trophies we do need more quality on our bench at times.

I can't agree with you there RP. There are only two comp's worth bothering about and that is EPL and Ch Lg.

The Milk Cup is for the youngsters and the Fart Cup is for the second and third string. Any other trophies can be looked after by the academy.

There are enough bodies at the club; (although I wouldn't say no to Sessignon). We can do without Barclay; a step in the wrong direction for me. Just not good enough for Spurs at this time. Rather go to the lower divisions.

Just don't get injured during training lads.

Edited by owl sees all

48 minutes ago, BangrakBob said:

And now Barkley has had hamstring tear, out for at least 6 weeks. 

No reason not to do the deal.  He'd be joining us as a squad player aspiring to start games.  The injury is just a minor set back

10 minutes ago, carmine said:

No reason not to do the deal.  He'd be joining us as a squad player aspiring to start games.  The injury is just a minor set back

Barkley needs to improve to get in our first team regularly.

No reason why he wouldn't of course under Poch which is likely why he is so keen to join us.

26 minutes ago, owl sees all said:

I can't agree with you there RP. There are only two comp's worth bothering about and that is EPL and Ch Lg.

The Milk Cup is for the youngsters and the Fart Cup is for the second and third string. Any other trophies can be looked after by the academy.

There are enough bodies at the club; (although I wouldn't say no to Sessignon). We can do without Barclay; a step in the wrong direction for me. Just not good enough for Spurs at this time. Rather go to the lower divisions.

Just don't get injured during training lads.

The two players above all that simply must stay fit are Eriksen and Dembele.  These two make the team tick.  But in order to compete deep into all four competitions we need to add two or three.  

Fingers crossed theres no hiccups with the final stages of the Sanchez deal because it looks like he's going to be a terrific signing.  With Wimmer of to the Baggies for 15m we will have options to play any defensive formation and an interesting point to note is that Sanchez only made one defensive error the whole of last season, one less than Toby and two less than JanV. Phenomenal stats from all three.   Our defensive should be rock solid over the season with plenty of attacking options.

Read yesterday that Barkley's hamstring is a grade 3 tear.....lol

11 hours ago, mrbojangles said:

Looks like Ajax have accepted £40m for Sanchez. Apparently it will be a club record fee 

Not so sure about that, according to latest reports it's £28M with prospective add ons.

Looks like Levy has done his usual bargaining negotiations.

http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2017/08/18/ajax-manager-marcel-keizer-provides-latest-update-on-davinson-sa/

Poch has also been reporting that if possible, he wants 4 new players to arrive by the

end of the month, so we could have an interesting next 2 weeks at THFC.

https://ninetyminutesonline.com/pochettino-reveals-many-new-signings-wants-tottenham-asked-sanchez/

Edited by sotsira

Just now, RonniePickering22 said:

Wimmer and possibly Sissoko.

Nah nowayy levy is gonna take a 10M hit on sissy he's not gonna get 20m the state he's in. You gotta be asking yourself as a player at THFC if levy can take a hit of 10m on sissy why can't he increase wages on par with PL clubs 

7 minutes ago, Rc2702 said:

Nah nowayy levy is gonna take a 10M hit on sissy he's not gonna get 20m the state he's in. You gotta be asking yourself as a player at THFC if levy can take a hit of 10m on sissy why can't he increase wages on par with PL clubs 

The Sissoko deal is 6m quid a year so I find it not unreasonable that he wanted 6m to loan the lad out to Turkey for a year.

Our wage structure won't change for a long while as we are run within a budget and are not going down the rich benefactor route.

You'll find we'll never pay anyone 300k a week and Kane and Alli will eventually end up in Spain probably but we will just enjoy the ride and watch the next crop of youngsters come through.

51 minutes ago, carmine said:

Looks like Pochettino is looking to play a lot of formations based on a back three this season.  

Doubt he'll go for this against the rent boys on sunday.

Rent boys? That another default predictive typo there then...

Juan Foyth looks almost done.  Only 19yo but one for the future, so the Wimmer move to the Baggies looks on.  Foyth in for 9m, Wimmer out for 15m which is sound considering we bought him for 5m.

Felt sorry for Wimmer because he was a very reliable player that would never really be able to get a regular start and neither would he having nowhere near the natural talent of Carter-Vickers.  

28 mil for a 21 year old, 9 mil for one 19, what next 6 mil for a 16 year old pacey wide man?.

poch loves to build players, so it could be great business if the youngsters live up to their potential.

coys for sunday, make wembley rock lads.

12 minutes ago, Rc2702 said:

You mean groubdsharing with the NFL for 10 years. Yh well lame that.

Keep pounding those grapes laddie.

Looking forward to a very entertaining game tomorrow.....will your lot be defending deep or looking to be have a go heroes?

Another beast to add to a defence that is already the best in the league, can't believe that some of the  big clubs in the league who are desperate for a centre half have missed out on this guy ! 

Should enable us to play Poch's favourite formation of 3 at the back more often, happy day's !