Tottenham Thread

chonabot

22 hours ago, Bredbury Blue said:

Aurier was cricised as a liability by the Sky panel (jamie rednapp..Sheringham. .pardew).

And?  That second yellow was reckless but one mistake doesn't make him a liability.  I think the first card was very debatable.  

He's a clear upgrade on Trippier who was in turn 1st choice over Walker.....which i think is more of the reason you would bother to quote the likes of "Jamie Redknapp", God forbid.

Aurier is younger than Walker, cost half the price you paid for him and very clearly a far better player. Trippier will probably end up playing second fiddle to Kyle Walker-Peters as well.

Aurier can also cross the ball.  Our only problem is making sure he stays out of prison and doesn't nut a copper.

That aside BB, its obviously a three horse race for the title, i have you down to win it and De Bruyne player of the season.  You play better football than United and they have yet to play a top side.  Aside of the constant worry over Company's fitness i'd say you are sitting pretty, right?

Edited by carmine

15 minutes ago, carmine said:

Eriksen, Dembele, Wanyama, Vertonghen, Dele, Rose, Lamela.....

All ruled out of tonights CL game..<deleted>!!!!!!  

Against APOEL Carms?......your youth team should be able to see them off!:thumbsup:

Edited by wilai

1 hour ago, wilai said:

Against APOEL Carms?......your youth team should be able to see them off!:thumbsup:

I was going to say the same but that really would be tempting fate, despite their keeper being the local kebab shop owner....

Real Madrid or Dortmund away could have been very unpleasant

Edited by carmine
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, carmine said:

I was going to say the same but that really would be tempting fate, despite their keeper being the local kebab shop owner....

Real Madrid or Dortmund away could have been very unpleasant

If the players coming in can't raise their game for this one they don't deserve to wear the shirt.

But that won't happen....I expect them to win comfortably tonight.

58 minutes ago, RonniePickering22 said:

If the players coming in can't raise their game for this one they don't deserve to wear the shirt.

But that won't happen....I expect them to win comfortably tonight.

In the incense of Eriksen and Dembele i expect Harry Winks to start, and thats a big responsibility on a 19yo with little european experience.  As i said, Madrid or Dortmund away could have been nasty.

And its another opportunity for Sissoko tp prove he's not the worst 30m signing ever made.  He and Son have to come in and support Kane up top.

All in all if we were going if we were told we'd have to field a B team the greeks is the fixture we would have begged it to be so no complaints from me on this.

• Like 1

Posh still has options, depending on which formation he wants to play.

I would play 4-2-3-1

With these players 

Lloris

Aurier                Toby                                       Sanchez                       Davies

Winks                         Dier

Sissoko                                   Kane                                       Son

Llorente

1 minute ago, sotsira said:

Posh still has options, depending on which formation he wants to play.

I would play 4-2-3-1

With these players 

Lloris

Aurier                Toby                                       Sanchez                       Davies

Winks                         Dier

Sissoko                                   Kane                                       Son

Llorente

He also has the N'Koudou option.  In this scenario i like the option of dropping Kane back to a no10 and playing Llorente.  

If he were to go three at the back which i doubt,  he'd play Foyth.

I think starting with Foyth at this time is a bit too risky, he's only played once and that was 

against Barnsley last week.

Apoel Nicosia are a stronger opposition and have won the title in the Cypriot league 26 times

they're the strongest team in Cyprus and most of their starting 11 are not Cypriots, but

South American and Europeans.

This game needs to be taken very seriously with out any risk taking.

2 hours ago, carmine said:

In the incense of Eriksen and Dembele i expect Harry Winks to start, and thats a big responsibility on a 19yo with little european experience.  As i said, Madrid or Dortmund away could have been nasty.

And its another opportunity for Sissoko tp prove he's not the worst 30m signing ever made.  He and Son have to come in and support Kane up top.

All in all if we were going if we were told we'd have to field a B team the greeks is the fixture we would have begged it to be so no complaints from me on this.

Sissoko has done well so far this season....its an opportunity for him to start grabbing games and controlling the midfield.

Let's hope he kicks on!

harry superb, knocked in a quality hat trick at just the right time, killing off apoels momemtum each strike.

sanchez a huge talent, sissoko starting to impress, he and aurier seem to compliment each other, i liked sissoko going past the fullback pushing on.

winks, love the lads style, confidence to trust his ability.

Very happy with that.  Kane superb, Toby peerless as usual, Sanchez continues to impress, especially for one so young and Aurier again showing why he's much more of an attacking threat than Trippier.  He's also linking up well with Sissoko who really is improving!!  What a bonus if this continues.

Were going into a very difficult four weeks of fixtures and we really need players back, especially with a double header with Madrid!  When we get to the stage where we can finally play three at the back with Aurier and Rose wide were going to start ripping through sides.

3 hours ago, macksview said:

harry superb, knocked in a quality hat trick at just the right time, killing off apoels momemtum each strike.

sanchez a huge talent, sissoko starting to impress, he and aurier seem to compliment each other, i liked sissoko going past the fullback pushing on.

winks, love the lads style, confidence to trust his ability.

I like Winks too but he really needs to work on the creative side of his game.  I accept he's only 19yo but whilst he looks reliable, tidy and comfortable on the ball he doesn't look like a potential lock picker that we need.  

4 hours ago, carmine said:

Very happy with that.  Kane superb, Toby peerless as usual, Sanchez continues to impress, especially for one so young and Aurier again showing why he's much more of an attacking threat than Trippier.  He's also linking up well with Sissoko who really is improving!!  What a bonus if this continues.

Were going into a very difficult four weeks of fixtures and we really need players back, especially with a double header with Madrid!  When we get to the stage where we can finally play three at the back with Aurier and Rose wide were going to start ripping through sides.

I like your optimism with Aurier, but there is a reason he was subbed on 57min and Trippier going back

to his usual right side. Their no 46 Aloneftis was getting past Aurier too often and nearly scored at the start of the second half when it was only 1-0, that was a crucial save by Lioris and Poch had to make a 

change preferring Tripps over Aurier at RB.

Then is was Tripps that provided the cross for Kanes 3rd.

Don't want to sound too harsh but we played much better after Llorente came on for Aurier  and

changed the formation to 4 at the back.

We then scored the second and third, otherwise it could have been a different outcome.

Credit to Poch, cos that substitution won us the game. 

53 minutes ago, sotsira said:

I like your optimism with Aurier, but there is a reason he was subbed on 57min and Trippier going back

to his usual right side. Their no 46 Aloneftis was getting past Aurier too often and nearly scored at the start of the second half when it was only 1-0, that was a crucial save by Lioris and Poch had to make a 

change preferring Tripps over Aurier at RB.

Then is was Tripps that provided the cross for Kanes 3rd.

Don't want to sound too harsh but we played much better after Llorente came on for Aurier  and

changed the formation to 4 at the back.

We then scored the second and third, otherwise it could have been a different outcome.

Credit to Poch, cos that substitution won us the game. 

Remember he's only played a very limited amount of minutes.  A tactical change doesn't necessarily mean a player is playing badly.  Give him time and i think he'll prove a cut above.  

15 minutes ago, carmine said:

Remember he's only played a very limited amount of minutes.  A tactical change doesn't necessarily mean a player is playing badly.  Give him time and i think he'll prove a cut above.  

I agree with this. Aurier has hit the ground running and Sissoko....well just seeming to be becoming the player we thought we were buying last summer.

Seems like good man management there and also tactical nous last night.

Poch is really doing a very good job albeit with the odd mistake regarding the Swansea game.

Like to see Llorente get a few goals soon!

4 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

He's looking very good isn't he. Hope he plays well for England this week but I wouldn't be too bothered if he got injured in the 92nd minute against Lithuania next sunday :smile:

He's been taken off with a knock....out for a week. :post-4641-1156694572: