Tottenham Thread

chonabot

On 10/25/2017 at 9:14 AM, carmine said:

Apparently we're in talks with Ajax to sign Donny van de Beek.   Don't know anything about this lad aside of he's a 20yo midfielder but he supposedly a bit special.  Could be our fifth Ajax signing!

Also looking at 18 year old Justin Kluivert; Paddy's lad; a right winger.

41 minutes ago, Rc2702 said:

If given the choice of the last 3 games. I'd have took that defeat. Seems like the manager felt the same way. Should have at least got the draw in 90 though.

No need to push the players too hard lazt night with Saturday looming I agree.

Disappointing though it was.

4 hours ago, mrbojangles said:

Thought you were all rich darn sarf. Unlike is northen monkeys and they were selling tickets for 20 quid last night

Travel and other expenses add up plus a late start on two consecutive midweeks don't make for happy wives mrboj!

18 hours ago, mrbojangles said:

Blimey. A bit quiet in here this morning!!

It was the His Majesty's funeral on thursday, many of us didn't have access to our lap tops.  Practically every business in Thailand closed

Edited by carmine

Very disappointed with that, pathetic defending to concede three in fifteen minutes.  I also wanted a stronger team selected to get the job done and to this end we didn't respect their second cup final this season especially seeing as they will hopefully get relegated .  Certain Spurs fringe players will need a long look in the mirror after what i think would have been a brutal managerial bollocking. 

Anyway, as disappointed as i am it only a thing sadly called the Carabao cup this year so i can live with that

17 hours ago, RonniePickering22 said:

No need to push the players too hard lazt night with Saturday looming I agree.

Disappointing though it was.

Saturday,s game is just another in the long slog of an English football season,especially so early into it so do not put so much importance on this one game,lets hope its an entertaining one without controversies and the best team on the day (reds) gets the result they deserve......:smile:

1 hour ago, RonniePickering22 said:

What are the chances they will try to press us and win the game?

At Old Trafford?

In front of their fans?

You gotta laugh really.

The irony is that last season they bored the living shit out of everyone and won two trophies.  Thats the reality, and whilst i would never choose to watch a Mourinho side if any other game was available the fact remains he's a proven winner.  With his anti football,  but a winner nonetheless.

However i do love it when United fans, having witnessed the turgid, dour, anti football of the Liverpool, Benfica and Huddersfield say they are happy to be where they are, because apart from Liverpool who have you been tested by?  Just been gifted a nice easy start to the season is all.

Regards saturday i really don't know what tactics he'll use.  I'd imagine that Eriksen, Kane and Dele will be taking some punishment though.  Thats always in the Mourinho agenda.   

Edited by carmine

21 minutes ago, jellydog said:

Seems Kane is questionable for tomorrow's match. Maybe a late fitness test. Not good news and hoping Llorente can step up.

I'm hearing it was just a bit of cramp.  At worst felt felt his hamstring and came off as a precautionary.  No biggy but Poch would prefer to keep Mourinho guessing, wouldn't he.  (Mindyou, with Jose's usual tactics we know what he'll do any!!:saai:)  Whilst its a huge benefit if he plays this team is more than capable of dealing with things in his absence.

One way or the other i'm expecting a painfully dull and physical game. 

17 minutes ago, RonniePickering22 said:

Where are you hearing that Jellybean?

A number of news reports popped up after I googled, Ronnie. I can't vouch for them however. Pochy might be coy about the situation, but that could mean that Kane will be fit...or not.

6 minutes ago, jellydog said:

A number of news reports popped up after I googled, Ronnie. I can't vouch for them however. Pochy might be coy about the situation, but that could mean that Kane will be fit...or not.

At the end of the day they have an opportunity against us with or without Kane.  Wanyama and Dembele were the rocks of our midfield last season and are out.  Its a great incentive for Mourinho to have a right old go at Winks and Dier.  We've already proven, last season we can cope perfectly well without Kane despite what some like to think.  

I doubt Poch is sweating it about Kane.  I'm not either, but of course i'd prefer him to play.  Where we lose out more imho is that Wanyama/Dembele used to bully other sides, be totally dominant. Dier/Winks has worked well but nowhere near the physical presence and the attacking threat.

Edited by carmine

7 hours ago, petermik said:

Saturday,s game is just another in the long slog of an English football season,especially so early into it so do not put so much importance on this one game,lets hope its an entertaining one without controversies and the best team on the day (reds) gets the result they deserve......:smile:

I want SuperSpurs to mangle them, torture them, humiliate them, crush them and dazzle them with skills they have never witnessed before. And that's just the warm-up.

7 hours ago, owl sees all said:

I want SuperSpurs to mangle them, torture them, humiliate them, crush them and dazzle them with skills they have never witnessed before. And that's just the warm-up.

Your optimism is admirable........reality is somewhat different :sorry:

Not the greatest week for me last time out. Just three scores and one perfect. Did get a moral with Hudders but that won't keep Mrs Owl in handbags.

This week I'm confident of 10 out of 10. Might not get all the scores correct but I'll settle for 7/8. But what ones??

0-2 Man U v SuperSpurs
Man Utd just fav's (after the draw) but I'm going for a SuperSpurs win. Second big test for Utd this season. Start of their slide down the table.  

4-0 Gunners v Swans
I still can't make out Arsenal. Were they that good against the ticklers or what? Comfortable win. 

1-2 Palace v Irons
This is soooo tricky.

2-0 Liverpool v Hudders
If 'pool don't win this the bookies will have Kloppie as EPL fav' for the next sacking.

3-0 Watford v Stoke
Not very often the better team gets beaten 4-2 (as last week). I think they will crack the Stoke pot easliy.

0-3 WBA v Man C
According to the pundits, stats, the league positions and the betting WBA have no chance. I agree.

2-2 Bournemouth v Chelski
Tough one to call.

1-1 Seaguls v Saints
Draw all day long.

2-0 Leicester v Ticklers
The toffees to experience more woes. I'm not sorry to see their manager has gone. He will get plenty of offers but he was not living in the real world. Niasse was a live wire against Bournemouth and the next game he played him up front on his own and he never got a kick of the ball. Next game; back on the bench. Rooney is TOO Slow to be a C/F. All those late nights out with the biddies have caught up with him. I'd try him out as a sweeper in front of the back four.

2-0 Burnley v Geordies
This will be one exciting game I reckon.

Biggest game for me outside the EPL; Luton v Coventry (Div' 2). Wasn't that long ago when they were both in the top flight. Now look at them. Goals galore in this one!!

• Like 2

14 hours ago, owl sees all said:

Yes the reality is very different because they'll just park the bus and look to hit us on the break and Mourinho mates in the press will call it tactical genius.  Well, those that aren't still asleep will.

• Like 1

On 27/10/2017 at 10:57 AM, owl sees all said:

On 27/10/2017 at 11:17 AM, petermik said:

Your optimism is admirable........reality is somewhat different :sorry:

21 hours ago, carmine said:

Yes the reality is very different because they'll just park the bus and look to hit us on the break and Mourinho mates in the press will call it tactical genius.  Well, those that aren't still asleep will.

Many thanks for the three points......another visit to OT ends with disappointment....can any of the spuds followers remember the last time you actually got anything from this fixture  :coffee1:

21 hours ago, carmine said:

So its up to your manager to outsmart him then :cheesy:

more chance of snow falling in Bangkok however....:whistling:

I,m voting carmine as next spuds manager as he,s a tactical expert par excellence :thumbsup:

3 hours ago, petermik said:

Many thanks for the three points......another visit to OT ends with disappointment....can any of the spuds followers remember the last time you actually got anything from this fixture  :coffee1:

If you beat us every week until May you would still be a boring barstid Peter.