Tottenham Thread

chonabot

17 minutes ago, RonniePickering22 said:

If you'd seen mrboj puffing on a cigar in the naughty corner in Cowboy back in '97 you'd understand BB.

I have pics mrboj lol.

I find that very hard to believe ! MrB ?! I suppose long before his days of "moderation". :tongue:

2 hours ago, RonniePickering22 said:

If you'd seen mrboj puffing on a cigar in the naughty corner in Cowboy back in '97 you'd understand BB.

I have pics mrboj lol.

I can honestly say I have never been to Cowboy in 97 nor at any other time. Pat Pong, Nana however :tongue:

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, jellydog said:

I'll leave this here.

DVTDZONXUAEhcoz.thumb.jpg.12290724dce01b3d2599cea27ae90d94.jpg

It always amazes me that English football fans seem to have a failure to acknowledge this guys natural genius,  and all because he got away with it!  That is of course cheating the ref, something that nearly all footballers do have and have done for decades.

What they should be saying is why didn't we take him out when we had the chance rather than let did go right through us!!!

Nice to see he's keeping fit!

Pochettino on diving: “Football is about trying to trick your opponent. When you do tactics, it is to try to trick the opponent. Twenty or thirty years ago, we all congratulated a player when he tricks the referee like this.”

the boss advocates or rather encourages cheating, makes sense now. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

17 minutes ago, BangrakBob said:

Pochettino on diving: “Football is about trying to trick your opponent. When you do tactics, it is to try to trick the opponent. Twenty or thirty years ago, we all congratulated a player when he tricks the referee like this.”

Getting a bit silly now Bob,  this is just silly stuff.  Might i also remind you he's not a native English speaker and couldn't speak a word when he took over at Soton.  And btw, would you like care to take a view of the Salah dive against West Brom perhaps?    Guess what,  none of you complained then about blatant cheating.  But in reality, so what, its just another example of cheating in a sport thats riddled with it. i find your outrage rather hypocritical, and once calmed down you might focus on those who made the decisions rather that stupid suggestion about managers advocating cheating.  And whilst we're on the subject of officials it appears they are also somewhat split on the correctness of the decisions. 

In summary,  you are outraged about your perceived injustice (even though top refs past and present, not all mind, have seen it in slo mo and still don't agree with you) at not winning a game you didn't deserve to win anyway.  

Edited by carmine
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, carmine said:

Getting a bit silly now Bob,  this is just silly stuff.  Might i also remind you he's not a native English speaker and couldn't speak a word when he took over at Soton.  And btw, would you like care to take a view of the Salah dive against West Brom perhaps?    Guess what,  none of you complained then about blatant cheating.  But in reality, so what, its just another example of cheating in a sport thats riddled with it. i find your outrage rather hypocritical, and once calmed down you might focus on those who made the decisions rather that stupid suggestion about managers advocating cheating.  And whilst we're on the subject of officials it appears they are also somewhat split on the correctness of the decisions. 

In summary,  you are outraged about your perceived injustice (even though top refs past and present, not all mind, have seen it in slo mo and still don't agree with you) at not winning a game you didn't deserve to win anyway.  

You are saying that I am confusing his words, your boss wouldn't actually think it is ok to dive or cheat, he is not saying that. He is not saying in reply to a direct question about diving, that people used to congratulate this sort of behaviour, therefor justifying his statement. Then tell me what does he actually mean?

No outrage here Carmine, the officiating of the game was farcical and had 100% determined the outcome it happens. 

I just don't think it right that your boss thinks it's ok to dive, and that on 3 occasions your players did it in the penalty box. 

Congratulations on some great "trickery" 

Screen-Shot-2018-02-05-at-11.32.01.png

nintchdbpict000382758022-e1517788255629.jpg

2018-02-04T183014Z_204869361_RC161769C9F0_RTRMADP_3_SOCCER-ENGLAND-LIV-TOT.JPG.gallery.jpg

1 hour ago, BangrakBob said:

You are saying that I am confusing his words, your boss wouldn't actually think it is ok to dive or cheat, he is not saying that. He is not saying in reply to a direct question about diving, that people used to congratulate this sort of behaviour, therefor justifying his statement. Then tell me what does he actually mean?

No outrage here Carmine, the officiating of the game was farcical and had 100% determined the outcome it happens. 

I just don't think it right that your boss thinks it's ok to dive, and that on 3 occasions your players did it in the penalty box. 

Congratulations on some great "trickery" 

Screen-Shot-2018-02-05-at-11.32.01.png

nintchdbpict000382758022-e1517788255629.jpg

2018-02-04T183014Z_204869361_RC161769C9F0_RTRMADP_3_SOCCER-ENGLAND-LIV-TOT.JPG.gallery.jpg

But then again mate, the point you've ignored.  Did you deserve to win....no.  You were outplayed for the most part and quite comprehensively in the second half, as is back up by stats too.

Stop trying to make out this was the injustice of the century which we were victim to.  The ball was one meter over the line and Carroll never acknowledged it.  Now thats something to whinge about, not contentious decisions where you seem to know more than a world cup referee!

3 hours ago, BangrakBob said:

One eyed Bob!!  :smile:

And your players don't do exactly the same?  Salah for example?!!!!  Sorry Bob but you are starting to talk a load of cobblers.

What i will accept is that Alli is at times quite embarrassing and needs to be reigned in.  That i accept but the rest you say is highly one eyed and quite hypocritical if theres even a suggestion that your players don't do the same.

i'd have thought that the example i posted earlier that you conveniently ignored, the Salah "trickery" against the Baggies, surely you loved that didn't you?  Or don't your players show trickery?!!

Done with this one now.  We ain't going to agree anyways.

Edited by carmine

Just watched the 14 second sex video with Alli , must have been taken a few years ago . I just hope it will not ruin his personal life. It's plastered all over the internet now. 

15 minutes ago, balo said:

Just watched the 14 second sex video with Alli , must have been taken a few years ago . I just hope it will not ruin his personal life. It's plastered all over the internet now. 

I won't be watching.

Personal lives are just that unless they are smoking crack or beating up their partners.

Edited by RonniePickering22
  • Like 1

Nice no fuss win and sensible team selection.  Nice to see all the injured back playing again.  Looking very strong for the seasons run in.  Obviously we won't be able to field our strongest eleven in the NLD but a strong side nonetheless.  Hugely important game to maintain the momentum.

26 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

Rochdale will do you in the next round at Spotland. You better put out your best team :tongue:

I hear the playing surface is going to be quite a leveler.  Of course we should win but i'm not looking forward to it.  Its a classic FA cup banana skin.

But then again, we could have drawn Millwall away which would have resulted in another full scale urban war so i'm not complaining.:smile:

2 hours ago, carmine said:

Nice no fuss win and sensible team selection.  Nice to see all the injured back playing again.  Looking very strong for the seasons run in.  Obviously we won't be able to field our strongest eleven in the NLD but a strong side nonetheless.  Hugely important game to maintain the momentum.

Further good news regards our top four credentials is that Mark Lawrenson reckons we won't make it so, quote me on this, if Alderweirald stays fit and we have no other major injuries i think we will do it comfortably.  

7 minutes ago, carmine said:

I hear the playing surface is going to be quite a leveler.  Of course we should win but i'm not looking forward to it.  Its a classic FA cup banana skin.

But then again, we could have drawn Millwall away which would have resulted in another full scale urban war so i'm not complaining.:smile:

The Dale where unlucky not to win the first match at Millwall. The replay the other night only got less than 3,000 but reckon it'll be a full house for Spurs. Think Rochdale would have preffered to play at Wembley and get a better pay day

35 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

Rochdale will do you in the next round at Spotland. You better put out your best team :tongue:

I don't think any of the Tottenham players will be looking forward

to playing there when they see the state of their pitch!

Half the pitch is covered with sand, Poch will need to give the Spurs squad a crash coarse in beach football to get them prepared. :biggrin: