Tottenham Thread

chonabot

5 minutes ago, RonniePickering22 said:

Well it was you and your ilk who wrote us off at the start of the season!! :w00t:

Tottenham finishing 3/4 th is considered to be a success.

Chelsea finishing 5 th and a FA Cup final appearance is considered a failure

What different outlooks we have

1 minute ago, carmine said:

Sanemex is starting to struggle.  Methinks i know the are better than he does.  In fact, i'm quite sure i do.

Its a long way to the Admiral Codrington on the bus from Richmond. :post-4641-1156694572:

1 minute ago, sanemax said:

300 grand a week to play Thursday night football.

What a great bunch of mercenaries you have...just perfect match with the fans.

Probably got a lot to do with all the hundreds of millions sugar daddy has given you which as City know, means there are much higher expectations when you are blatantly buying success

1 minute ago, RonniePickering22 said:

300 grand a week to play Thursday night football.

What a great bunch of mercenaries you have...just perfect match with the fans.

Chelsea, the ever exploding clown car or the league.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, carmine said:

No matey, don't confuse a legitimate word in the dictionary with one of your anti semitic jibes.  You are nothing short of a crude course vulgarian.  For all my faults i certainly won't be lowered to your level, unable to hold an argument so has to resort to anti semitic filth.  

wheres the ignore function that you imposed on me .another load of b/s retired from the forum due to ???but back again.another load of b/s.to put up with   .and the 4  by  2  will fluff youse in due course see u in the spring fluffwit of a troll

2 minutes ago, evenstevens said:

wheres the ignore function that you imposed on me .another load of b/s retired from the forum due to ???but back again.another load of b/s.to put up with   .and the 4  by  2  will fluff youse in due course see u in the spring fluffwit of a troll

I;ll be watching your posts in the short term.  You have nether the wit or the intelligence to hold your own so you have to resort to taking it right to the gutter, with either racist or anti semitic jibes.  Sad.  And you're not humoring me or anyone else when you have the nerve to refer to anyone else as a troll.

Sorry mate, but you'll either have to get a brain, get an sense of humor or just give up, the later seeming to be an inevitability

31 minutes ago, carmine said:

I said your "fans" have no roots there.  They're all from outer London suburbia.  

Of the 40 000 regular home Chelsea fans , how many do you know , where they were born and where they live  ?

What are you basing your statement on ?

26 minutes ago, sanemax said:

All joking apart, i think it has been a success getting top four.  And i'm sure you remember us being written off at the start of the season so i'm hoping a good few pundits and journalists come clean on this.

Edited by carmine
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, carmine said:

You embarrass yourself daily on here you stupid twerp.

And just for the record fans and media the length and breadth of the country were saying this about us last august so as per usual its your opinion tinged with the baiting "embarrassing" word that is out of step with everyone else.

Get a life.

...you're first comment is recipricated but without the name calling - is that necessary (?). If this forum or people on it upset you so much why bother. Try posting without the unnecessary aggession.

Your home record is W12 D4  L2 (40 points)

Your away record is 

W10 D4 L 5 (34 points)

Overall 74 points from 37 games.

Last season home was W17 D2 L0 (points 53 points)

Away W9 D6 L4 (33 points)

Overall 86 points from 38 games

Spurs are simply not the force you were in the past TWO seasons when you WERE a team others didn't want to play you but that's no longer the case, is it. Hard fact.

Of the 40 000 regular home Chelsea fans , how many do you know , where they were born and where they live  ?

What are you basing your statement on ?

I know i would say around 30/40 chelsea fans and not one of them is from the area.  And thats the truth

1 hour ago, sotsira said:

At the start of the season i had my doubts on whether we could even finish in the top six let alone top 4 with having to play all our matches away from WHL.

Not only we've secured a top 4 finish BUT we've also finished as

TOP LONDON CLUB

with Chelsea & Arsenal having a significant advantage playing a normal season.

To that MAGNIFICENT achievement - cock of london town ( hu ha!) - in yet another trophyless season, may I add

post-118612-14571948039299_thumb.jpeg

6 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

...you're first comment is recipricated but without the name calling - is that necessary (?). If this forum or people on it upset you so much why bother. Try posting without the unnecessary aggession.

Your home record is W12 D4  L2 (40 points)

Your away record is 

W10 D4 L 5 (34 points)

Overall 74 points from 37 games.

Last season home was W17 D2 L0 (points 53 points)

Away W9 D6 L4 (33 points)

Overall 86 points from 38 games

Spurs are simply not the force you were in the past TWO seasons when you WERE a team others didn't want to play you but that's no longer the case, is it. Hard fact.

We've been poor since Xmas and injuries and the Toby situation didn't help so CL is a massive win for us going forward.

We'll be back better than ever in August.

5 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

To that MAGNIFICENT achievement - cock of london town ( hu ha!) - in yet another trophyless season, may I add

post-118612-14571948039299_thumb.jpeg

Top four these days is as good as any trophy nowadays and you know it.

No CL win for you though!

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, carmine said:

I know i would say around 30/40 chelsea fans and not one of them is from the area.  And thats the truth

Although the 40 Chelsea fans you know is 0.00004 % of the regular home going Chelsea fan base, hardly conclusive 

1 minute ago, RonniePickering22 said:

Top four these days is as good as any trophy nowadays and you know it.

No CL win for you though!

More evidence that certain posters are still struggling with the perceived lack of respect and appreciation shown to the merits of their silverware success.   One days its everyone picks on us, next day its all the decisions go against us and ends with no one give us the credit we deserve....

Well stop funneling transfer funds through so called sponsorship and do it the hard way like the rest of us and take you petty insecurities back to the City thread.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, sanemax said:

Although the 40 Chelsea fans you know is 0.00004 % of the regular home going Chelsea fan base, hardly conclusive 

To be honest, i don't really give a hoot where your fans come from.  Just having a giggle is all.  

1 hour ago, carmine said:

Yet the stadium is a shit tip full of racist anti semitic chavs hardly any of whom, to my knowledge (which is considerable on this) even live in the Fulham/Putney/Chelse/Kensington area.

Just my observation , most of the people who live in those areas are mostly the Rugby , Cricket , Boat race type .

Football supporters generally come from the surrounding working class areas , Wandsworth , Sutton , Richmond and the home counties , although Tottenham did have a small violent contingent from the Richmond area , back in the day

Just my observation , most of the people who live in those areas are mostly the Rugby , Cricket , Boat race type .

Football supporters generally come from the surrounding working class areas , Wandsworth , Sutton , Richmond and the home counties , although Tottenham did have a small violent contingent from the Richmond area , back in the day

true, all of that.

the true guts of it all.is that spuds acheived c.l place.from posts of this morning particular the plank and the troll  one would think they won the epl title a deluded double of desparate ??? after w.b.a. loss not a dicky bird was posted. par for the course though

I think the following poster's who posted after Spurs had a few bad results need to go to the Muppett factory and reinstall their brains, incidently Alfie said "no need to panic" :biggrin: 

BB Posted November 29, 2017 (edited)

You might be right about rotation but is it a case of your team, which hasn't changed greatly for the past few seasons, become stale and needs freshening up?

Posted November 30, 2017

just four points from their last five games

Spurs are actually only three points worse off than they were after 14 games this time last year, and have won exactly the same number of games, with seven.

Six wins, two draws and a loss from their first nine league games have been followed by one win, a draw and three defeats from their next five, as well as elimination from the Carabao Cup at the hands of West Ham.

RC Posted November 29, 2017

On 11/29/2017 at 12:37 PM, Bredbury Blue said:

You might be right about rotation but is it a case of your team, which hasn't changed greatly for the past few seasons, become stale and needs freshening up?

Nah its got chilly and Christmas is here so the pay packet deflation has kicked in and some of those senior players are getting itchy feet.

Bangrak Bob Posted November 30, 2017

On 11/30/2017 at 12:46 PM, alfieconn said:

In fact we've just had a better Oct and Nov than we did last year so like iv'e already said no need to panic !

No need to panic, but losing 3 and drawing 1 out of your last 5 EPL games has to be of some concern. You know how these runs can become an issue. And i don't remember the last time you had a run of losses like this, new territory for Poch and the boys.

Champers Posted December 1, 2017

Before the season started I predicted in this forum that Spurs would finish outside the top 6. I think they bought too little too late and the "Wembley effect" would cost them points. I did expect a decline in fortunes later rather than sooner, as the season wore on.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, carmine said:

More evidence that certain posters are still struggling with the perceived lack of respect and appreciation shown to the merits of their silverware success.   One days its everyone picks on us, next day its all the decisions go against us and ends with no one give us the credit we deserve....

Well stop funneling transfer funds through so called sponsorship and do it the hard way like the rest of us and take you petty insecurities back to the City thread.

Not sure what this respect is you refer to but there's none from me to your goodself and Alfie - to Ronnie and the other spurs fans I try to be respectful as much as opposing fans should be. Banter between opposing fans on TV is expected and welcome, but it's not posters from winning clubs such as ManU, Chelsea and Arsenal, or posters from Liverpool,  but you two from 'never win anything'  who've continually over the past decade spent more time than anyone on your high horse giving out shit on the City thread,  so anytime I can reciprocate I will.

I love that image of Spurs highpoint by the way.

For you to be giving it out now to Chelsea, who've probably been the most successful team of the decade when you've won nowt, now that's funny stuff.

Happy Champions League Day to all my Spurs friends, the target when Poch took over was to be in the Champions League by the time we got to the Stadium and he certainly surpassed that target, things are on the up although we obviously won't be buying any new players during to being skint plus we will be selling off all our best payers to pay for the new stadium, so best to make the most of it as we will be in the Championship the season after next.

• Haha 2

25 minutes ago, alfieconn said:

Happy Champions League Day to all my Spurs friends, the target when Poch took over was to be in the Champions League by the time we got to the Stadium and he certainly surpassed that target, things are on the up although we obviously won't be buying any new players during to being skint plus we will be selling off all our best payers to pay for the new stadium, so best to make the most of it as we will be in the Championship the season after next.

At least Wet Spam will get their Cup Final oops derby.

Edited by RonniePickering22