Things to do in CM

MZurf

@ Beetlejuice

Lack of posts may have even more to do with everyone wondering quite where CM is!

In the CM forum?? There must be some severely demented expats in CM if that is the case!

I like Chiang Mai, well relatively speaking, and why ??.... because inside and surrounding the moat its nothing like Thailand.

Interesting. In what way is it not like Thailand? Are people on time?wink.png

You're welcome to join us at the Chiang Mai Fencing Club. Foil, Epee. Sabre. No experience needed, equipment provided (unless one is 3XL) All ages welcome.

I can guarantee it's more exciting than golf... safer than ping pong... takes more thinking than chess...moves as fast as boxing without the pain... and is FREE....

We meet Saturday afternoon and various times during the week at our Fencing Salle near Wat Ched Yot. Message me for details.

Anythings more exciting than golf, oh sorry, darts and snooker aren't.

Don't tell me you prefer cricket!!

Went out to Mon Jairm and Mon Long today, packed with other Thais at Mon Jairm, nobody but us at Mon Long.

Out beyond Mae Rim above the Mae Sa valley.

It is a sort of tourist trap, but a Thai only tourist trap.

Best to visit in the week, park at Mon Jairm (restaurent but pricey, 100bht for grapow) then walk the 3Km to Mon Long.

If you want to drive the track from Mon Jairm to Mon Long, you need a high clearance pickup or scooter.

Normal 4 wheel vehicles can't make it up the track.

Edited by AnotherOneAmerican

You're welcome to join us at the Chiang Mai Fencing Club. Foil, Epee. Sabre. No experience needed, equipment provided (unless one is 3XL) All ages welcome.

I can guarantee it's more exciting than golf... safer than ping pong... takes more thinking than chess...moves as fast as boxing without the pain... and is FREE....

We meet Saturday afternoon and various times during the week at our Fencing Salle near Wat Ched Yot. Message me for details.

Anythings more exciting than golf, oh sorry, darts and snooker aren't.

Don't tell me you prefer cricket!!

No, I prefer marbles, even that's more exciting, and NO! I haven't lost them.

AoA, i checked out Mon Jam (google) and it looks hard to find, back roads and all. Any signs along the way?

Looks like i could squeeze in the Botanic Garden and Mon Long in one day.

Yes you could do all in a day, Botanic gardens are great, do them on the way back.

To get to Mon Jairm drive past botanic gardens for about 4Km, turn right up a steep road before the next small town then keep going uphill 6Km.

In a very narrow road village at top of mountain turn right again for 500m and you're at Mon Jairm (Mon Cham in English).

Mon Long is about 3Km further up the hill, scooter or walk ...... you'd break your car.

Mawn Jairm (Thai pronunciation) Mon Cham (English signs) last weekend.

post-151798-0-66935000-1422778516_thumb.post-151798-0-64674200-1422778646_thumb.post-151798-0-67816900-1422778752_thumb.

Mawn Lawng (Thai pronunciation)

post-151798-0-62714200-1422778929_thumb.

270" panorama

Edited by AnotherOneAmerican

As for environmental friendly, such people stay at home, and don't damage virgin jungle.

Trucking tourists into a jungle is damaging to the environment by definition.

If they weren't there, then there wouldn't be any damage.

Mae Kamphong used to be really nice until fotg arrived. Do they still have their oversized "safety signs"with their name on, of course, all the way up the waterfall. Eco tourism, my a$$ bah.gif

Some posts in violation of the following have been removed:

6) You will not post comments that could be reasonably construed as defamation or libel.

Defamation is the issuance of a statement about another person or business which causes that person to suffer harm. It does not have to be false to be defamatory. Libel is when the defamatory statement is published either in a drawing, painting, cinematography, film, picture or letters made visible by any means, or any other recording instruments, recording picture or letters, or by broadcasting or spreading picture, or by propagation by any other means. Defamation is both a civil and criminal charge in Thailand.

3 day 2 night trekking near Doi Inthanon 1,500bht, all transport, accommodation, insurance and meals included.

Well worth the time and money, includes elephant ride and river rafting. Warning, at the moment it's a bit cold at night.

I did this one and it was great.

http://www.travelhubchiangmai.com/trekking_tours/chiangmai_trekking_3samueng.html

Plenty of other companies doing similar trips.

• Like 1