late for 90 days, what happens?

stevehaigh

i applied for a new passport a couple of weeks ago and haven't got it back yet, but my 90 day report is due now

i know i get 7 days over for free right? but if i don't get a new passport by then whats the deal? will they accept that i didn't have a passport since i can easily prove it with the docs from the embassy?

thx

i just renewed my aussie passport and got to keep the old one whilst awaiting the new passport ...just go in with the old one as it still has all the relevant info in it , after that you will need to transfer the visa across to the new passport ( thats a whole other story)

I've never reported and when I renew my visa every year they never say anything about it. Can't be that serious of a violation.

Do you really mean 'visa'.
No I mean 90 day reporting. I've never reported once and every renewal they have never said a thing about not reporting.

I've never reported and when I renew my visa every year they never say anything about it. Can't be that serious of a violation.

No I mean 90 day reporting. I've never reported once and every renewal they have never said a thing about not reporting.

You say 'when I renew my visa every year'. Do you really mean you renew your visa every year? If so, since nearly all visa have a maximum stay of 90 days, 90 day reporting is normally not required. If you have an extension of stay and not a visa, hence my question, it is a different story.

You say 'when I renew my visa every year'. Do you really mean you renew your visa every year? If so, since nearly all visa have a maximum stay of 90 days, 90 day reporting is normally not required. If you have an extension of stay and not a visa, hence my question, it is a different story.
My visa is a non b multi entry. It allows me 1 year stay but it has conditions to report to immigration every 90 days, which I don't bother doing and haven't for the past decade without a fine or warning.

My visa is a non b multi entry. It allows me 1 year stay but it has conditions to report to immigration every 90 days, which I don't bother doing and haven't for the past decade without a fine or warning.

An multiple entry non-B visa gives you unlimited 90-day entries during a year and can only be obtained at a consulate outside Thailand.

Do you mean that you have an 1-year extension of stay based on employment from immigrations in Thailand?

Two different things.

An multiple entry non-B visa gives you unlimited 90-day entries during a year and can only be obtained at a consulate outside Thailand.

Do you mean that you have an 1-year extension of stay based on employment from immigrations in Thailand?

Two different things.

No. I don't have to leave at all. Never renewed at a foreign embassy. Longest period was 4 years without leaving Thailand.

My visa is no longer Available( I think) and got in before a change in the rules.

I bought a condo under the investment visa offered back in 2004 in Bangkok and just keep the apartment for the visa. 10 million is a lot to be tied up for a visa but it eliminates the hassles so whatever.

So when I go renew my visa in Bangkok (Chengwattana) I just go along with the condo title and it's renewed without having to leave the country. It states I'm valid for 365 days and it's multi entry so I can come and go as I please.

When I renewed on 21 of September 2014, the visa is until that date 2015 but i must report every 90 days which I've never been bothered to do.

Does that make sense?

Judging by this you have an extension of stay. Non B mulktiple entry which allows a 1 year stay does not exist.

If you have an extension of stay and don't report without any consequences you're lucky. Some day your luck will run out.

Two different things.

No. I don't have to leave at all. Never renewed at a foreign embassy. Longest period was 4 years without leaving Thailand.

My visa is no longer Available( I think) and got in before a change in the rules.

I bought a condo under the investment visa offered back in 2004 in Bangkok and just keep the apartment for the visa. 10 million is a lot to be tied up for a visa but it eliminates the hassles so whatever.

So when I go renew my visa in Bangkok (Chengwattana) I just go along with the condo title and it's renewed without having to leave the country. It states I'm valid for 365 days and it's multi entry so I can come and go as I please.

When I renewed on 21 of September 2014, the visa is until that date 2015 but i must report every 90 days which I've never been bothered to do.

Does that make sense?

You don't renew your visa, you get an extension of stay.

The rest could be correct, I'm not 100% sure of the investement extension rules. I doubt though 90 days reporting is not required.

Does that make sense?

You are on extension of stay based on investment, your visa have expired long time ago.

A visa only permits you to enter the country, not to let you stay.

I've been on the same visa for over a decade then.

Left the country maybe 6 times in that period and stayed for 4 consecutive renewals without incident.

It does say I'm supposed to report every 90 days on the stamp.

What am I doing wrong?

how can u take ur old passport in? for Americans we give them the old one when we apply for a new one as i just did that.

the US embassy notified me my new passport is in Bangkok an being mailed down to me in Phuket

Perhaps I'm misreading the above but the US embassy/consulate always let you keep the old passport while waiting for processing of the new one. Now if applying in the US, that may be the case of them keeping it during processing but not within Thailand. I've renewed 3 or 4 times now, the latest was in September, and had the old one returned immediately in all instances. Otherwise, you will be staying illegally in Thailand.

how can u take ur old passport in? for Americans we give them the old one when we apply for a new one as i just did that.

the US embassy notified me my new passport is in Bangkok an being mailed down to me in Phuket

Perhaps I'm misreading the above but the US embassy/consulate always let you keep the old passport while waiting for processing of the new one. Now if applying in the US, that may be the case of them keeping it during processing but not within Thailand. I've renewed 3 or 4 times now, the latest was in September, and had the old one returned immediately in all instances. Otherwise, you will be staying illegally in Thailand.

well that may be true if u visit the embassy BUT

i just gave them my old passport on the Jan 30th when the outreach was down here in Phuket (and others did as well) and they took it back with them to Bangkok and will mail me back the old one an new one togeather.

Guess i am here illegally. 55555

they took mine at the outtreach thing in Karon end of last month. i assumed that was standard.

What am I doing wrong?

You are not on a visa , you are on extension of stay.

Terminology is important on the visa forum.

There are many that come here on a multiple non-B for 1-year and think they can stay one year without leaving every 90-days before they get 1 year extension of stay.

Lol

Everyone firing bullets without any idea what the situation is.

Does the OP still have his old passport?

Until that is known not a real lot of point to any of the answer

Suggest you take the time to actually read the thread before jumping in with both feet.

facepalm.gif

Let me see I read that OP passport status and renewal procedures unknown can't do a 90 day report. Hansgruber doesn't have to do 90 day reports.

Uncle Sam doesn't let you keep the old passport but Australia does.

But nowhere did I read that OP has or doesn't have old passport,

Silly me for jumping in with both feet.

Edited by pcliff069

2,000 baht fine if over 7 days

When I applied for a new US Passport, I kept my old one. Went to Bangkok when they emailed me that the new one was ready, handed over the old one, they punched some holes in it and handed back the old & new passports.

If I had wanted them to mail back the new passport, I would have had to surrender the old one when I applied, but as long as I was going to collect the new one from the embassy they let me keep the old one until the new one was ready.