E-mail Problem

DavidUK21

Dont know if anyone can help me here. I'm having Returned Email Notifications returned to my hotmail account. The problem being, i never sent the e-mails in the first place. Some of them are being rejected by firewalls as containing a virus which is quite worrying. I dont know how someone is sending these as if they came from my account. Can I find out the original source of the mail? And can I stop them using my address as the source of the mail? Thanks a lot

Dont know if anyone can help me here. I'm having Returned Email Notifications returned to my hotmail account. The problem being, i never sent the e-mails in the first place. Some of them are being rejected by firewalls as containing a virus which is quite worrying. I dont know how someone is sending these as if they came from my account. Can I find out the original source of the mail? And can I stop them using my address as the source of the mail? Thanks a lot

They are being sent from elsewhere using your name. Not a lot you can do about it I am afraid.

Guest IT Manager

:o They are most likely the result of using your email on a website and having it harvested, or someone you know who has your address in their book, has a worm virus.

Not a lot to do about it, except my view is get a new address, at thaivisa.com, 10 MB not 1 Mb ala hotmail, and advise your friends. The thaivisa email is [email protected] and is free as webmail but can, for a small amount of money be upgraded to pop3 status. Sign Up Here.

Not a lot of comfort but at least changing email address is quicker than changing mailing address.

:D

• Like 1

Register a domain for 300B (thaiinternic) with some providers and pay them another 300B to host your server per month. Use ssh and use mail or pine to check your email.

Still doing it this simple way since 1994 and never had a virus problem.