• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 11 months later...
On 10/2/2559 at 4:29 PM, Headgame said:

For some reason I waited until my 71st year to ride a bike. Not really sure why I waited so long.

My lady rides a 2015 Honda Click and I bought a 2015 Honda CBR 150R.

I immediately switched out the stock tires for a set of Pirelli Diablo Rosso II's and the exhaust with an Akrapovic full system. I ride every morning for two hours so I can improve my skills and am having a blast. Too much fun! Maybe some day I will move up but for now the 150R is all I can handle.

Thanks to everyone for the great info on this forum. I learn something new every day.

fb0d84a3b2d5173466a8a5a2033bdcc2.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Still riding the 150?   I have a 2007 version which I love... moved up to the CBR 300R had the crankshaft replaced all is fine.  However, I still enjoy the CBR 150.  I have been forced to retired so I have a little more time on my hands, but the rains prevent longer rides.  I too need to improve my riding skills a bit rusty, and gain my confidence back, I just don't like going fast that much anymore.   Do you experience this sensation?  I like cruizing,  but I move up because I needed a little more power on the roads I was frequenting... 

On the pegs..

24 minutes ago, Rhys said:

Still riding the 150?   I have a 2007 version which I love... moved up to the CBR 300R had the crankshaft replaced all is fine.  However, I still enjoy the CBR 150.  I have been forced to retired so I have a little more time on my hands, but the rains prevent longer rides.  I too need to improve my riding skills a bit rusty, and gain my confidence back, I just don't like going fast that much anymore.   Do you experience this sensation?  I like cruizing,  but I move up because I needed a little more power on the roads I was frequenting... 

On the pegs..

Reminds me of a time,  me on my Versys my Oz mate on his CBR250 with this fearless Thai kid on his CBR150 pulling out ahead of us, the road was full of blind bends,  the only time we could catch him was on the straighter bits. :laugh:

Decided to get back on a bike after 40 years. Being an old man I can not last long in a sport bike stance and I like the retro look being I rode in the 60s. Didn't have a deep pocket so I decided to buy a Stallion Scrambler 400. At 116,900 baht it is a good deal. Love the bike. Can cruise at 110mph all day long and only weighs 160kg.

IMGP0050.JPG

practising on a Ninjetta 300 before i step up to a Ninja 650 or Yam MT07. I've worked out a nice route with some twisty roads to practise my cornering skills (or lack of!) near Pattaya. google map here If interested. It goes past Viharn Sien Temple,  cross over the 331 (have to turn left and do a u-turn) and left onto 3376 to head for Ban Chang. A pitstop at the Camel Bar and then head back. You can go back through Silverlake but i've found this road too busy and not as fun as the one past Viharn Sien. Which ever way you choose you still have to turn left on 331 and then do a u-turn. There is a bit of work on the roads at the moment so sections aren't great but hopefully that will finish soon.

DSCN6143.JPG

Edited by taichiplanet

Hey Taichiplanet, I zip around those roads on my MT-03 too. Best I've found in the area. That 331 was really a death road when they had both directions running on 1/2 the divided highway though. Absolutely love the MT-03. Excellent in city traffic and so easy to throw around in the twisties. Not big enough for extended highway trips though.

IMG_0917.JPG

IMG_0925.JPG

IMG_0926.JPG

I am still having same bike as I posted on page1, Versys 650mk3. I think my next big bike will be one of the Triumph Twins, either 900cc or 1200cc, I just love the look of them and are not getting any younger so take it easy now. Just waiting for a Pattaya dealer and then I will look serious into it.

Thanks Taichiplanet for the route link, I am sure I been on some of those roads myself but will try copy your link into my smart phone and have a go.

The new Ninja650 has lost a lot of weight compared to the earlier version, so actually quite interesting now if you are into sports bikes.

Dayride with T.jpg

13 hours ago, papa al said:

papa laid down the dirt-bike [on pavement] 

2 weeks ago.

Saved by gear;

only sprained L wrist & R ankle.

Ankle resolving fine, 

but still can't clutch for beans.

...So riding Nouvo.

Yikes papa,  trust recovery is going your way... ankle and wrist at our "advanced" age are pain now, especially the ankles...Get one of the soft cushion ball that fit in the palm of your hand for your Physical Therapy rehab... I do this often for other sports.. 5555

Cheers mate..  

On the pegs soon..

9 hours ago, Rdrokit said:

Decided to get back on a bike after 40 years. Being an old man I can not last long in a sport bike stance and I like the retro look being I rode in the 60s. Didn't have a deep pocket so I decided to buy a Stallion Scrambler 400. At 116,900 baht it is a good deal. Love the bike. Can cruise at 110mph all day long and only weighs 160kg.

IMGP0050.JPG

Is that a stock exhaust... Yes, I like the retro look as well.  This was the style I drove too... I loved my old KZ 750 (Kawasaki)  and had a heck of a time of the SL 350 Dirt (Honda).   If I can grow my huevos back and the wife does not sniff them out.. I would like a bike like this again.  There is a stallion outlet in the area...

Cheers mate, enjoy

On the pegs...

3 hours ago, taichiplanet said:

practising on a Ninjetta 300 before i step up to a Ninja 650 or Yam MT07. I've worked out a nice route with some twisty roads to practise my cornering skills (or lack of!) near Pattaya. google map here If interested. It goes past Viharn Sien Temple,  cross over the 331 (have to turn left and do a u-turn) and left onto 3376 to head for Ban Chang. A pitstop at the Camel Bar and then head back. You can go back through Silverlake but i've found this road too busy and not as fun as the one past Viharn Sien. Which ever way you choose you still have to turn left on 331 and then do a u-turn. There is a bit of work on the roads at the moment so sections aren't great but hopefully that will finish soon.

DSCN6143.JPG

Sweet ride...ever consider modifying the exhaust?  I did that for the CBR 300.. stock sound was not..... the clip is more like it.. it is not super loud.. but has the varoom effect... 

On the pegs...

2 hours ago, pee paub said:

Hey Taichiplanet, I zip around those roads on my MT-03 too. Best I've found in the area. That 331 was really a death road when they had both directions running on 1/2 the divided highway though. Absolutely love the MT-03. Excellent in city traffic and so easy to throw around in the twisties. Not big enough for extended highway trips though.

IMG_0917.JPG

IMG_0925.JPG

IMG_0926.JPG

Wow, nice ride... sweet bike too..

On the pegs...

6 hours ago, guzzi850m2 said:

I am still having same bike as I posted on page1, Versys 650mk3. I think my next big bike will be one of the Triumph Twins, either 900cc or 1200cc, I just love the look of them and are not getting any younger so take it easy now. Just waiting for a Pattaya dealer and then I will look serious into it.

Thanks Taichiplanet for the route link, I am sure I been on some of those roads myself but will try copy your link into my smart phone and have a go.

The new Ninja650 has lost a lot of weight compared to the earlier version, so actually quite interesting now if you are into sports bikes.

Dayride with T.jpg

A Triumph or Ducati are my dream bikes but i am crazy enough on a 300 at the moment! Maybe in a few years i might be able to graduate to one. :smile: The weight of the N650 puts me off a bit, but only 20 kgs over the N300, while the MT07 is just 8 Kgs over the N300.

The route layout is a bit rough, as they have changed the u-turns on the 331 recently; now you just turn left at both ends and do a u-turn. As i have a lousy sense of direction i did the map to remind where to go after another rider showed me the route. He was also kind enough to give some riding tips and it was fairly awesome following his BMW S1000RR; what a bike!

7 hours ago, pee paub said:

IMG_0917.JPG

IMG_0925.JPG

IMG_0926.JPG

Nice pics! The MT03 was my first choice but i picked up the N300 second hand for a good price. They are both great bikes as easy to filter through heavy traffic and fun to go for a blast or throw around corners. 

It is a great area to explore but i haven't been as adventurous as you. I've just been sticking to the same route to practise my cornering.

Yeah, the 331 was terrible, i was reluctant to even drive my car on it but now it is excellent and makes it easy to bypass Pattaya. Though i still see some people driving the wrong way so i always look both ways when doing a u-turn! Yesterday they just paved the last section of the Viharn Sien road onto the 331 (where the construction is for the Hwy 7 flyover).

4 hours ago, Rhys said:

Sweet ride...ever consider modifying the exhaust?  I did that for the CBR 300.. stock sound was not..... the clip is more like it.. it is not super loud.. but has the varoom effect... 

On the pegs...

It is a sweet ride, the more i've relaxed with the bike the more i am starting to appreciate what a nice bike it is. Not that i have much to compare it too. The stock exhaust is loud enough for me and i have enough HP to get me into trouble as it is! :biggrin: I didn't like the silver look of the muffler and guard so i have painted them go-faster black since that photo.

5 hours ago, Rhys said:

Is that a stock exhaust... Yes, I like the retro look as well.  This was the style I drove too... I loved my old KZ 750 (Kawasaki)  and had a heck of a time of the SL 350 Dirt (Honda).   If I can grow my huevos back and the wife does not sniff them out.. I would like a bike like this again.  There is a stallion outlet in the area...

Cheers mate, enjoy

On the pegs...

No those are not the stock exhaust. The stock exhaust were a 2 into one and had a big silencer on it. I wanted people to know I was coming. LOL New exhaust seems to have picked up some power. Pic of original when I bought the bike and a better pic of the new.

When I bought the bike.jpg

IMGP0055.JPG

IMGP0059.JPG

26 minutes ago, Kwasaki said:

Are they not triples here in Thailand. ?

I don't want a Speed Triple but a Bonneville type of bike and you can buy both at the Triumph dealer.

The new 900 & 1200 Twins are water cooled, the Truxton got almost 100HP. 

The sad thing is that the T120 cost app 100k baht more here than in the US (app 3000$) which is crazy considered they are shipped from Thailand.

14 hours ago, guzzi850m2 said:

I don't want a Speed Triple but a Bonneville type of bike and you can buy both at the Triumph dealer.

The new 900 & 1200 Twins are water cooled, the Truxton got almost 100HP. 

The sad thing is that the T120 cost app 100k baht more here than in the US (app 3000$) which is crazy considered they are shipped from Thailand.

Well if you really like a bike and can afford it treat yourself. :thumbsup: 

16 hours ago, guzzi850m2 said:

Bonneville type of bike and you can buy both at the Triumph dealer.

Those Thruxton's remind me of the Triton l briefly owned.

My Dad's last bike was a Triumph 5TA 500 speed-twin.

Later when l got Jap sports bike's my mates who still like the Bonneville type of bike use to call em plastic bullets. :biggrin: