Ford Everest - All New 2015

Barontt

A GPS is only useful if you use one. For guys going to the same places all the time, or know how to get everywhere they are going, it's useless.

It's like a vanity mirror on the passenger side. If you're not married, it's useless. If you are married, it is critical.

I go a lot of places I've never been before in areas where I am not able to read the signs. Could I get along without it? Sure. Do I want to get along without it? No. Do I have to get along without it? No. If I had my heart set on a new Everest I'd just wait until F got it sorted.

It is worth noting that (as I understand it) most smart phones are do not contain a GPS but rather emulate a GPS. If you don't have a signal, it doesn't work. The upside is that it works inside buildings and whatnot.

I use a stick-on Garmin when I travel. I used to use my phone but aside from being a PITA, it burns through a good bit of data which can get costly.

There are plenty of offline GPS apps for phones that work just like (or even better than) a Garmin.. One example is Sygic: http://www.sygic.com/

If only they supported Ford Applink...

I'll have to look into that, but do they work with no signal at all or just without data?

I think device linking is the future, with your in dash display having the option to just act as a slave to your device.

Now if you had a phone with a tuning and diagnostic app that would link to the onboard computer that allowed you to monitor and tune in real time that would be the ticket...

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'll have to look into that, but do they work with no signal at all or just without data?

I think device linking is the future, with your in dash display having the option to just act as a slave to your device.

Now if you had a phone with a tuning and diagnostic app that would link to the onboard computer that allowed you to monitor and tune in real time that would be the ticket...

It does not need any mobile data at all - all map data is downloaded to your phone when installing the app. As for GPS signal loss - it depends how long you lose it for.. the built-in accelerometers in your phone can keep it going for a period of time though.

As for you last wish - well, this is also possible smile.png

Monitoring/Logging:

Buy yourself an OBD-II Bluetooth adaptor, and choose your app(s): http://appcrawlr.com/ios-apps/best-apps-obd-ii

Tuning:

Many of the commonrail tuning box vendors are now coming out with versions that can be adjusted on the fly from an app on your phone:

http://vtechtuning.eu/ (warning: auto plays noisy video)

http://www.racechip.de/chiptuning/produktuebersicht/racechip-ultimate.html

http://www.spiderchiptuning.com/

Edited by IMHO

IMHO, I think from the photo you posted that you have a T+. Did it come with a dash cam up by the rear view mirror. Korat Ford told my wife today that the top model is getting the dash cam. First I have heard of it

Thanks

IMHO, I think from the photo you posted that you have a T+. Did it come with a dash cam up by the rear view mirror. Korat Ford told my wife today that the top model is getting the dash cam. First I have heard of it

Thanks

No dash cam. I saw one in the accessories brochure though - I guess Korat are giving them away as freebies?

I took a 30K Baht discount + free road tax and insurance in lieu of any accessories.

Thanks

No dash cam. I saw one in the accessories brochure though - I guess Korat are giving them away as freebies?

I took a 30K Baht discount + free road tax and insurance in lieu of any accessories.

Seems you did quite well there and you got your vehicle before me.

Mrs JAS has been running around the LTO's, Bangkok first and then Nonthaburi and she had to take the car to Nonthaburi LTO to be checked. Now we have the Blue Book and white plates. She wants it registered in Nonthaburi so that they get the money. ... I think car garages have some sort of arrangement with the LTO's as our truck never went to one to get the white plates.

So we can now get the extra 20K off for having a Ford previously.

When you get your film can you post a pic and info please also a ball park figure. Our dealer says that he will get the best deal with V-Cool. I see that on the V-Cool website their TOR film is even more expensive than Lamina Special Series. As long as I can see at night and don't cook in the daytime I don't care what is put on, however if I can be hidden from view all the better!

Thanks

Mrs JAS has been running around the LTO's, Bangkok first and then Nonthaburi and she had to take the car to Nonthaburi LTO to be checked. Now we have the Blue Book and white plates. She wants it registered in Nonthaburi so that they get the money. ... I think car garages have some sort of arrangement with the LTO's as our truck never went to one to get the white plates.

When you get your film can you post a pic and info please also a ball park figure. Our dealer says that he will get the best deal with V-Cool. I see that on the V-Cool website their TOR film is even more expensive than Lamina Special Series. As long as I can see at night and don't cook in the daytime I don't care what is put on, however if I can be hidden from view all the better!

If you only want a regular film like V-Kool or 3M, just take the dealer freebie wink.png (your dealer is offering you free film right??) You can still specify what visible light % you want everywhere. If you're concerned about your vision at night, you'll want a film that allows >= 70% of visible light to get through.

I only didn't take the freebie because I want ceramic film which costs 18.5K Baht (vs ~6.5K Baht) for an Everest inc. sunroof. Why? because my Everest is black smile.png

If you want good night visibility, but with good heat reduction, ceramic is where you'll end up.

Two brands I can recommend:

http://huperoptikcorp.com/ (English product info link: https://huperoptikusa.com/automotive/ )

http://www.solarfxthailand.com/ (English: http://www.solarfxwindowfilms.com/ )

Note that V-Kool is made by the same company as Huper Optik (Solutia/Eastman*) - Huper Optik Ceramic is their premium film.

Also note that SolarFX is only available in BKK - Huper Optik has dealers upcountry, if you're upcountry wink.png

* Previously Kodak Eastman

Edited by IMHO

Thanks

If you only want a regular film like V-Kool or 3M, just take the dealer freebie wink.png (your dealer is offering you free film right??) You can still specify what visible light % you want everywhere. If you're concerned about your vision at night, you'll want a film that allows >= 70% of visible light to get through.

I only didn't take the freebie because I want ceramic film which costs 18.5K Baht (vs ~6.5K Baht) for an Everest inc. sunroof. Why? because my Everest is black smile.png

If you want good night visibility, but with good heat reduction, ceramic is where you'll end up.

Two brands I can recommend:

http://huperoptikcorp.com/ (English product info link: https://huperoptikusa.com/automotive/ )

http://www.solarfxthailand.com/ (English: http://www.solarfxwindowfilms.com/ )

Note that V-Kool is made by the same company as Huper Optik (Solutia/Eastman*) - Huper Optik Ceramic is their premium film.

Also note that SolarFX is only available in BKK - Huper Optik has dealers upcountry, if you're upcountry wink.png

* Previously Kodak Eastman

Thanks for that ...

Yes, we are getting quite a few bits and pieces ... he will give us the allowance (about7K thb)I'll have to look it up ... against any film but said at present he gets the best deal with V-Cool. I looked here ... http://v-koolcorp.com/v-kool-intellis/app.html ... and fiddled. We will have to decide soon. I'll have a look where you suggest.

It appears from here ... http://www.laminafilms.com/main.php?hm=product&op=car&type=film&cate=ss that the film I have on the truck at present is 'mixed with a ceramic' anyway. Whatever it certainly works. Thanks for the tip about the moon roof ... will definitely get that done aswell.

As said before I want a good film, not a 7K popular one ... allows the tollway tag to work and phone and gps etc

Wish I'd gone for black now ... ordered white. We are 200metres the wrong side of Klong Prapa to be in Bangkok.

Makes me think can they fit a rear facing one and hide the wiring too.

The genuine Ford dashcam has way too much angle to be used on the rear window:

post-163537-0-40284300-1440414963_thumb.

Source: http://www.ford.co.th/suvs/all-new-everest/accessories/exterior#

It shouldn't be too hard for a competent installer to hide the wiring for an aftermarket one...

Edited by IMHO

wow. 18.5k for yob tint.

Are you and Ace related? biggrin.png

And should I be taking this personally?

Yob:

1. a rude, noisy, and aggressive young man.

I can answer that last question tongue.png

I guess it's a no unless you refer to yourself as a yob, in some sort of endearing way smile.png

20130411_1822202_zpsd497234a.jpg

This was your Ranger that drowned right? :D

Edited by IMHO

I like the 3M Crystaline (sic) film.

I have the Crystalline on two of my cars. On one car, the front window film started to bubble off after about 2.5 years, but that could be down to the installer (lack of preparation?) - the other car is fine.

I replaced that windscreen film with 70% ceramic as a trial. Now sold on ceramic - it blocks heat better, and doesn't need to be dark to work.

IMHO trading in his German ride for his new Murdered out Gansta Ford Everest.

ht_gangster_china_2_dm_120321_wn.jpg

. He's Crafty ,the Everfresh is an addition , I bet.[emoji592]

You win :)

At first my intention was to replace my PJS with the Everest. Now I decided to keep it as well - it's new nickname is the "Triton Sport" - because it's now used just as a pickup with a roof :P

I've now spent 2 whole days driving the Everest - the more you drive it, the more you appreciate the effort that's been put into it - it's not just a generation ahead of the last, it's a quantum leap forward.

This is an astonishingly good car for this price point, and will change a lot of people's perceptions of what's possible in this segment.

Just don't look at the carpet :P

Agree sun roof in Thailand, how stupid, will never get used.

The moon roof comes with factory tinting, to which I added carbon ceramic film with 40% visible light transmittance. It's actually quite nice to drive around in the daytime with the fabric blind (but not the glass) open. It improves cabin ambience, and I'm not getting any hotter, or blacker (yet).

I've now spent 2 whole days driving the Everest - the more you drive it, the more you appreciate the effort that's been put into it - it's not just a generation ahead of the last, it's a quantum leap forward.

This is an astonishingly good car for this price point, and will change a lot of people's perceptions of what's possible in this segment.

Just don't look at the carpet tongue.png

I test drove the 2,2 Lt version yesterday and was surprised at how Quiet it was but it ran out of Puff at about 3,400 RPM,. Up to that it had good acceleration I thought. The Vehicle felt a bit top heavy and not as sure footed on the road as my 3.2 PJS but it was only a short test drive as is the norm here, I would need a decent test drive of the 3.2 Lt when they get one in Mukdahan to really put it through it's paces. Before I purchased my PJS 3.2 I was taken to Khon Kean by the sales staff at Mitsu and test drove the car from KK to Mukdahan, 260 K's to put it through it's paces, that was a worthwhile test drive which convinced me to buy it. On the Everest I also didn't like the Small Digital Taco on the instrument panel and some of the Dash board to me looked quite cheap material wise. I pictured changing it to a Wood Grain appearance in quite a few areas when the after market guys get their act together. I wanted to test the New PJS also but Mukdahan Mitsu don't have one yet and on the Mitsu website where they have a Road Show Program listed, Mukdahan doesn't even get a look in, the nearest is Yasothon from 1 September so I guess it will be a while before I get to Test Drive the New PJS and 3.2 Lt Everest. If it does happen eventually I will give you all my thoughts on Both Models.

I test drove the 2,2 Lt version yesterday and was surprised at how Quiet it was but it ran out of Puff at about 3,400 RPM,. Up to that it had good acceleration I thought. The Vehicle felt a bit top heavy and not as sure footed on the road as my 3.2 PJS but it was only a short test drive as is the norm here, I would need a decent test drive of the 3.2 Lt when they get one in Mukdahan to really put it through it's paces. Before I purchased my PJS 3.2 I was taken to Khon Kean by the sales staff at Mitsu and test drove the car from KK to Mukdahan, 260 K's to put it through it's paces, that was a worthwhile test drive which convinced me to buy it. On the Everest I also didn't like the Small Digital Taco on the instrument panel and some of the Dash board to me looked quite cheap material wise. I pictured changing it to a Wood Grain appearance in quite a few areas when the after market guys get their act together. I wanted to test the New PJS also but Mukdahan Mitsu don't have one yet and on the Mitsu website where they have a Road Show Program listed, Mukdahan doesn't even get a look in, the nearest is Yasothon from 1 September so I guess it will be a while before I get to Test Drive the New PJS and 3.2 Lt Everest. If it does happen eventually I will give you all my thoughts on Both Models.

The Ford 2.2L's torque starts rolling off at around 2,400 RPM - the 3.2L starts rolling off around 3,100 RPM. Yep, you'll need to compare at least a 4x4 version to your 4x4 PJS. You also need to spend a bit of time behind the wheel before you get a feel for actual speeds - it's so much quieter and so much smoother than the PJS that this gets away from you, and you'll need time to adapt to the steering response (no more 20 turns lock to lock, hehe) and feel (there is feel there, it's just not in your face).

My 2.5L PJS GT sounds, feels and drives like a tractor in comparison to the 3.2L Titanium+

Edited by IMHO

The new Toyota Fortuna has to be the best Marketing plan for Ford...

I have seen a couple of Toyota Fortuna's on the road over the past couple of days - its extremely, jaw-droppingly Fugly... people in the market must see the new Fortuna and run straight to the nearest Ford Garage (or Mitsu)....

I drive what may be considered by some a more upmarket vehicle (the new BMW X5) and I find myself thinking that had I not purchased the BMW half a year back I'd be looking at the Ford Everest in a very serious way...

The Ford 2.2L's torque starts rolling off at around 2,400 RPM - the 3.2L starts rolling off around 3,100 RPM. Yep, you'll need to compare at least a 4x4 version to your 4x4 PJS. You also need to spend a bit of time behind the wheel before you get a feel for actual speeds - it's so much quieter and so much smoother than the PJS that this gets away from you, and you'll need time to adapt to the steering response (no more 20 turns lock to lock, hehe) and feel (there is feel there, it's just not in your face).

My 2.5L PJS GT sounds, feels and drives like a tractor in comparison to the 3.2L Titanium+

Thanks for the latest update! thumbsup.gif

The Everest Titanium+ is definitely my (new) SUV of choice and it is good that it seems to be living up to its advertised quality of ride and performance potential directly out of the dealers showroom and without expensive after-market add-ons!

I think the the powers-to-be at Toyota made a huge strategic mistake believing they could compete on their 'rep' in the 2015 SUV market (in LOS) with a Fortuner that has rear drum brakes! What were they thinking? I hope the better looking (and performing) Ford pick ups and SUVs 'pick up' a lot of market share!

BTW, red and black are my color of choice for an EV. I see red EV all the time. Could you post some profile pics of a black EV?

Edited by luwahn

The new Toyota Fortuna has to be the best Marketing plan for Ford...

I have seen a couple of Toyota Fortuna's on the road over the past couple of days - its extremely, jaw-droppingly Fugly... people in the market must see the new Fortuna and run straight to the nearest Ford Garage (or Mitsu)....

I drive what may be considered by some a more upmarket vehicle (the new BMW X5) and I find myself thinking that had I not purchased the BMW half a year back I'd be looking at the Ford Everest in a very serious way...

I hear ya!

How does your BMW X5 perform? We have had a nice comparison of the Everest Titanium+ to a Range Rover. I wonder how the Everest Titanium+ would compare to the BMW X5.....and am looking forward to how the Everest Titanium+ is going to compare to the 2015 Fortuner.....