Ford Everest - All New 2015

Barontt

My understanding is that the new vehicle tax rate starting in 2016 will not change the duty on a vehicle with engine capacity of 3000+ . It will remain at the current 50%. Summary can be downloaded here:

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=8&ved=0CFAQFjAH&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.iticnet.org%2Ffile%2Fdocument%2Fdownload%2F4259&ei=ufglVYezEouwuQTm6YCwAw&usg=AFQjCNGm98IV96RkUyJVmE44XTjpzJk9rw&sig2=yvFt8OFGWHW5dTyFQJGjsw&bvm=bv.90491159,d.c2E&cad=rja

For diesel pickups and PPV's (SUV's) the top-tax threshold is 3250cc

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Ok, so the tax will jump from 20 to 30% as the emissions on the 3.2 engine are above 200 g. So that will add another 133,000 THB to the price of the 3.2 Titanium+.

Note that those are the headline numbers only - the way taxes are actually added up, 20% becomes 25.6%, and 30% becomes 44.8%. Those taxes are applied to wholesale prices though, so you can't actually work it out.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/435479-taxes-on-cars-in-thailand/

Ok, so the tax will jump from 20 to 30% as the emissions on the 3.2 engine are above 200 g. So that will add another 133,000 THB to the price of the 3.2 Titanium+.

Note that those are the headline numbers only - the way taxes are actually added up, 20% becomes 25.6%, and 30% becomes 44.8%. Those taxes are applied to wholesale prices though, so you can't actually work it out.

Will any cars actually get cheaper due to the new rates? People in urban areas really need incentives to be driving small cars, especially in bkk. 2 pickup trucks take the same space as 3 small cars. Traffic has worsened considerably in Bkk over the last 5 years.

Will any cars actually get cheaper due to the new rates? People in urban areas really need incentives to be driving small cars, especially in bkk. 2 pickup trucks take the same space as 3 small cars. Traffic has worsened considerably in Bkk over the last 5 years.

It worsened because of the new car scheme that saw hundreds of thousands of new lil cars on the roads...

It worsened because of the new car scheme that saw hundreds of thousands of new lil cars on the roads...

Things will start to balance out...over the next few years. lesser cars are being sold now. Just had to see the big discounts on many makes at the Show. Ford are even knocking 90-100k off the fiestas this month. I guess they aren't selling well as most ppl have already bought their cars a couple of years ago.

Some should get cheaper - whether or not they actually do remains to be seen though...

For example, the Mercedes Benz GL350 (2987cc, 258HP, 209gm CO2) drops from 50% excise tax (111% actual, based on HP), to 40% (71% actual, based on CO2) and if MB tweak that engine to <200gm CO2 (seems possible), the excise tax drops to 30% (approx 45% actual) - one would expect quite a bit could come off it's current 9M Baht price tag.

In short, there's really only 2 categories that will benefit - eco cars, and cars with engines < 3,000cc making more than 220HP.

• 3 weeks later...

Anybody know if dealerships are taking bookings now?

They sure are.

I just booked a Titanium+ (yeah, it's grown on me) to replace my 5yo PJS - which has been the least troublesome car I've ever owned, and is routinely out on loan with drivers who I'm sure give it a lot harder time than it got in the first year or so when I was driving it..

It'll be my first Ford, and I'm pretty apprehensive after seeing all the after-sales-service reports here on TV, so my fingers are very, very firmly crossed.

Have I made a 1.6M Baht mistake? tongue.png

Edited by IMHO

They sure are.

I just booked a Titanium+ (yeah, it's grown on me) to replace my 5yo PJS - which has been the least troublesome car I've ever owned, and is routinely out on loan with drivers who I'm sure give it a lot harder time than it got in the first year or so when I was driving it..

It'll be my first Ford, and I'm pretty apprehensive after seeing all the after-sales-service reports here on TV, so my fingers are very, very firmly crossed.

:D we finally gotcha! My Ecosport has been flawless for the last 14 mos., but not my daily driver. I guess I better decide on the Everest before the tax increase, but might wait to see the new tuna -by the time it's released i suppose it will be a flying car like the jetsons.

Sent from my GT-N5100 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

They sure are.

biggrin.png we finally gotcha! My Ecosport has been flawless for the last 14 mos., but not my daily driver. I guess I better decide on the Everest before the tax increase, but might wait to see the new tuna -by the time it's released i suppose it will be a flying car like the jetsons.

Yeah, the couple of Ford supporters here did help :)

As for the Tuna, doesn't matter how good it is or when it releases - to have one in the stable now would negatively impact my social status too much :P

They sure are.

biggrin.png we finally gotcha! My Ecosport has been flawless for the last 14 mos., but not my daily driver. I guess I better decide on the Everest before the tax increase, but might wait to see the new tuna -by the time it's released i suppose it will be a flying car like the jetsons.

Yeah, the couple of Ford supporters here did help smile.png

As for the Tuna, doesn't matter how good it is or when it releases - to have one in the stable now would negatively impact my social status too much tongue.png

Love it...the "i have more money to piss up the wall than you" attitudelaugh.png The fortuner is the sensible persons choice who counts every baht and only thinks about resale and popularity of the vehicle among the sheeple

BTW, Any news on specs of the new tuna motors...not in the market, just curious.

We have had nothing but good service form Ford Chaeng Watthana.

They have a Greek/Thai service manager who speaks impeccable English, a huge advantage when explaining that odd noise.

We have had nothing but good service form Ford Chaeng Watthana.

They have a Greek/Thai service manager who speaks impeccable English, a huge advantage when explaining that odd noise.

Good news...I don;t live far from there, so will keep that in mind if I ever buy a ford. Isn't the fiesta 100K off this month?

Most trouble free car I ever owned was an '89 Festiva LX. Drove it for 5 years and put 150K miles on it.

One timing belt ( changed at 100K, still looked like new).

One battery

Several sets of front brake pads, but only paid for the first set as I bought a lifetime set.

Went through a few sets of tires, but it took the cheapest size made. I got a set a Pep Boys for $59 mounted.

They sure are.

Yeah, the couple of Ford supporters here did help smile.png

As for the Tuna, doesn't matter how good it is or when it releases - to have one in the stable now would negatively impact my social status too much tongue.png

Love it...the "i have more money to piss up the wall than you" attitudelaugh.png The fortuner is the sensible persons choice who counts every baht and only thinks about resale and popularity of the vehicle among the sheeple

BTW, Any news on specs of the new tuna motors...not in the market, just curious.

It's a well known maxim among car guys that Toyotas are for people who think of cars as appliances. Mostly boring like many of their owners. Lexus is a different animal entirely.

LOL, OK, sorry if my post came across that way - it wasn't meant to biggrin.png MY POV is purely around the social stigma of it - which is just a prevalent in Thai social circles as it is here on TV ;)

As for the new Hilux/Tuna engines, yep have some info - will post in the appropriate thread.

Edited by IMHO

back to the everest, any of our esteemed members order one?

Yep the T+

What's the delivery date promised?

Ordered mine yesterday, promised I'll get lot #1, July.

IMOH which engine? Has your dealer actually got one? I ordered the T+ at the motor show and my dealer said that he had to find one for me

IMOH which engine? Has your dealer actually got one? I ordered the T+ at the motor show and my dealer said that he had to find one for me

There's only one engine available for the Titanium+ (3.2L). Every dealership gets 10-20 units from lot #1, of which only one or two units are the T+. I just had them find a dealer who hadn't yet booked their T+ allotment smile.png

There's only one engine available for the Titanium+ (3.2L). Every dealership gets 10-20 units from lot #1, of which only one or two units are the T+. I just had them find a dealer who hadn't yet booked their T+ allotment smile.png

Sorry ... I missed the T+ bit ... yes the dealer said he also had to find one for me ... are you in BK area? The manager at VP just told my wife that nothing will arrive before the middle or even the end of July ... he also said that any I see about are 'owned' by important guys at Ford ... and he still hasn't found me one yet. Lucky you.thumbsup.gif

Edited by JAS21

Sorry ... I missed the T+ bit ... yes the dealer said he also had to find one for me ... are you in BK area?

My car will be coming from an upcountry dealer - one who still had allocation for lot#1, and now who no longer does for the T+ ;)

I wonder if your dealer would find me one ... on this basis mine is u/s

If you're OK to have a day trip (or two) to take delivery, just hit the phones until you find a dealer that hasn't yet sold out their allocation. The smaller population provinces in Isaan are a good place to start.