Ford Everest - All New 2015

Barontt

At these prices I'm still not sure - why not buy a small city car + a pick-up for the same price? I guess it would fit our usage pattern better, occasional trips to the country + city driving every day.

What if your stable already includes a small car, a pickup and a couple of SUV's? :P

Just kidding - you are correct in the fact that you can easily buy a well spec'd pickup and an OK B segment car for this money. But you won't have any one car as good as it :)

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I actually sat in the new Titanium in the U.S its superb. All we need is service here to improve and it's a winner imp.

You probably drove the Ford Explorer... The same guy that lead that project (Todd Hoevener) lead the Everest project as well, and the Everest did get quite a bit of it's tech. But, the big difference is the Everest is body-on-frame, and diesel powered - the Explorer is unibody and ecoboost powered.

Oh Dear ,You were nearly right, it was the 2015 Expedition.wub.png .Perhaps Warpy could report on the U.S. specs compared to the crap we get here from Toyota n Honda, Ford at least stick close to their specs worldwide..

First review of the Everest here:

http://www.headlightmag.com/exclusive-first-impression-ford-everest-2015/

Summary quote:

ภาพรวมนั้นถือว่า เป็น Best in its Class จริงๆ

translated:

Overall, we honestly believe it to be best in its class

The only area where the fortuner is apparently be better than the everest is in access to the third row seats and the comfort of those seats. At least that's what I've been told by the editors of that magazine. So it looks to be on a winner. I doubt it will outsell the fortuner simply based on fords standing in Thailand.

Whilst there I took the 3.2 Wildtrack ranger for a test just to feel the engine. Very nice.

The new Everest and Ranger have complete new ECUs and engine calibration. If you thought the "old" 3.2 Ranger was nice you will love the "new" version.

Summary quote:

translated:

The only area where the fortuner is apparently be better than the everest is in access to the third row seats and the comfort of those seats. At least that's what I've been told by the editors of that magazine. So it looks to be on a winner. I doubt it will outsell the fortuner simply based on fords standing in Thailand.

Considering all the areas where it falls short, overall, Fortuner is behind the game.

On those points though, yes, Fortuner has better 3rd row access with it's PJS-style tumble seats. I think that when you test them yourself, you'll find that all of them only have 3rd seats suitable for kids, or in-laws though tongue.png Also, while the Everest loses on 3rd row access, it wins on 2nd row comfort, quality and leg room - i.e. it's clear the compromise they chose to go with.

Edited by IMHO

Summary quote:

translated:

Considering all the areas where it falls short, overall, Fortuner is behind the game.

On those points though, yes, Fortuner has better 3rd row access with it's PJS-style tumble seats. I think that when you test them yourself, you'll find that all of them only have 3rd seats suitable for kids, or in-laws though tongue.png Also, while the Everest loses on 3rd row access, it wins on 2nd row comfort, quality and leg room - i.e. it's clear the compromise they chose to go with.

I think I'd rarely use the third tow too. Is there any harm to the leather and cushion from leaving the third row down permanently? And are there air vents near the second row?

I think I'd rarely use the third tow too. Is there any harm to the leather and cushion from leaving the third row down permanently? And are there air vents near the second row?

I can't see why the 3rd row seats would get damaged in the stowed away position.

There are separate pairs of roof mounted AC outlets for both the 2nd and 3rd rows.

I can't see why the 3rd row seats would get damaged in the stowed away position.

There are separate pairs of roof mounted AC outlets for both the 2nd and 3rd rows.

Those extra AC outlets are a smart feature, if you assume everyone riding in the back has a low battery smart phone, which is a good assumption. The Ecosport also has a rear AC outlet for that.

Those extra AC outlets are a smart feature, if you assume everyone riding in the back has a low battery smart phone, which is a good assumption. The Ecosport also has a rear AC outlet for that.

But why put them in the roof with cables dangling down? Better in the back of the center console for 1st row.

Whilst there I took the 3.2 Wildtrack ranger for a test just to feel the engine. Very nice.

The new Everest and Ranger have complete new ECUs and engine calibration. If you thought the "old" 3.2 Ranger was nice you will love the "new" version.

It was the brand new model Wildtrack I test drove and yes it was very nice.If I was looking for a pickup, look no further.

I had tested the 2.2 model about 6 months ago. It was the test drive model in buri ram. They had it all done up in the buri ram united colours with huge off road tires. So as I drive off down the road its tracking all over the road and making that horrible whumwhumwhum noise. I look at the rep and say what is wrong. He laughs and says we put new tire. I couldn't quite get the logic, make your test drive car look nice but drive and sound terrible. Maybe that does sum up Thai mentality though......

How much are the new Wildtracks? I need a pick up next yr for construction deliveries. At least I want to do it in style..

If you don't need the bells and whistles, the xlt 4x4 now comes with the 3.2 engine;) at a little over 1million baht. Or open cab 3.2 mt 4x4 at 859K baht. Prices are listed on the ford.co.th website.

Very nice looking car in silver IMO. It was clearly the most popular car at the Bangkok Motor Show a few months back

Judging by the shiny plastics of the 'tuna in a few pics online it wins hands down on quality of cabin materials too

Edited by fish fingers

Amazed no ones mentioned another thing we don't get here. You can move the brake/accelerator pedal electrically to suit the seating position on this years Tahoe.

They don't even have driver memory for the driver's chair or mirrors Ace.... you have to crawl before you can walk smile.png

Edited by IMHO

My old Lexus 400 had all those memory things years ago.The steering wheel retracting was my favorite gizmo.

I had one too, and best thing was the silent remote on the keyfob that opened the doors. In those days, remote systems were noisy annoying things. That LS400 was a great, tight luxury car with a nice big V8.

My dealer told me that they expect their Demo car to arrive the first week of next month and he confirmed that 'our' vehicle is confirmed in the first allocation ... so providing the test drive is okay we will have a T+ sometime this year.

Amazed no ones mentioned another thing we don't get here. You can move the brake/accelerator pedal electrically to suit the seating position on this years Tahoe.

They don't even have driver memory for the driver's chair or mirrors Ace.... you have to crawl before you can walk smile.png

Mr IMHO

Do I recall you stating a while ago that 'someone' was trying to adapt the Everest 'screen' to enable GPS. I'm fairly sure that it was you but can't locate the topic. Any update on this please. thanks