Alone at controls, co-pilot sought to 'destroy' the plane

Lite Beer

But, whilst I usually abhor the conspiracy theorists who dominate this site, I also have the uneasy feeling that something is not quite right.

Clearly the investigation is on going. Searching his home, going through hard drives etc etc.

I think it is extremely interesting that the airline ihas been so quick to reach this conclusion. Especially as the deliberate murder of so many people by one of their employees must prove to be so costly. In the case of the Silkair flight where US investigators came to the overwhelming conclusion that the pilot flew directly into the river in Sumatra, the findings were never accepted by the airline. Sure, the evidence on the face of it seems conclusive. But, whilst I usually abhor the conspiracy theorists who dominate this site, I also have the uneasy feeling that something is not quite right.

When the pilot of Egypt Air flight 990 in 1999 murdered all the passengers by flying the plane

into the ocean shouting repeatedly " I trust in Allah", Egypt refused to accept the findings of

the NTSB, saying there was a problem with the plane...... I would hope that Lufthansa would

take a different approach and say indeed it was the fault of the pilot. This appears to be what

they are doing. Also would hope they make fair settlements with the families of all the

passengers who were murdered....

White House says crash not linked to terrorism

Now I am completely confused.

If the co-pilot's action was deliberate, if property and lives were lost what was it but an act of terrorism?

Is Terrorism only what is linked to 9/11? Or to Muslims? Or to the USA?

Please, help with a definition.

A terrorist would use the plane as a weapon to take down as many as possible on the ground, and not just those in the plane.

This is just suicide act, and could be to bring someone else on the plane along with him. A jilted lover of a hostess?

White House says crash not linked to terrorism

Now I am completely confused.

If the co-pilot's action was deliberate, if property and lives were lost what was it but an act of terrorism?

Is Terrorism only what is linked to 9/11? Or to Muslims? Or to the USA?

Please, help with a definition.

A terrorist would use the plane as a weapon to take down as many as possible on the ground, and not just those in the plane.

This is just suicide act, and could be to bring someone else on the plane along with him. A jilted lover of a hostess?

Terrorism is when the act is linked to a greater "cause"

• Like 1

I'm beginning to suspect that all is not well inside the German airline industry. First, you have a group of Germanwings pilots refuse to fly their planes after this crash. Adolf Galland, they're not. And, now, the keys to a plane with 149 people on it being given over to a 28 year old just two years out of the company flight school. Soft, soft, soft. Not exactly the same sort of stuff that went into Ernst Udet, who had the decency to do himself in while alone. These Germans seem emotionally fragile, sloppy, and downright weak.

You will be surprise to see how many young junior pilots that fly budget airlines all over the world. I have two friends who fly for budget airlines, they are both around 30, but started their careers in their late 20s.

Guess you're one of those who believe that mental diseases are not curable.

Clearly not cured in the case of this pilot..........

Maybe a different disease?

Or do you believe all mental diseases are chronical?

Edited by micmichd

How do they know he didn't have a freak medical event?

I just read something on the German magazine FOCUS

http://www.focus.de/panorama/welt/er-steuerte-den-airbus-in-die-felsen-vermerk-in-akte-zeigt-andreas-l-hatte-massive-psychologische-probleme_id_4573954.html

It gives new information about the co-pilot. Here an excerpt translated from the German text:

A note at the Federal Aviation Authority in the files of Lubitz indicates massive psychological problems. The file contains the code "SIC". This abbreviation stands for a "special, exemplary regular medical examination". This means in plain text, Lubitz therefore had to undergo regular monitoring by a physician. The man had to attend one session even before the tragedy last Tuesday in "special, exemplary regular medical" care. The "SIC" note is also found in the pilot's license of Andreas Lubitz.

I'm curious if those in charge at Lufthansa / German Wings and their "Psychologists" will ever be held responsible and brought to justice for their incompetence.

Reminds me on the slogan of Air Asia: "Now everyone can fly" and that's what seems to be the problem here. After all, people in Germany who smoked hashish before driving a car, get their driver license revoked but mentally ill pilots obviously have no problems to keep their airline transport pilot license ...

It sure does appear that Lufthansa left a suicidal depressive maniac alone in the cockpit at the controls of a passenger jet. Wonder who they are going to blame it all on?

Excellent point. The lawsuits will be pouring in regarding the murder of every passenger

on the plane. And rightfully so. If I had a family member on the flight I would be angry

beyond all reason that Lufthansa let a person with known mental problems be in the cockpit.

I will never fly Lufthansa again.....

Yeah right but you will fly with Malaysian or Air Asia

Lufthansa is the most secure airline in the world apart from Qantas

I think it is extremely interesting that the airline ihas been so quick to reach this conclusion. Especially as the deliberate murder of so many people by one of their employees must prove to be so costly. In the case of the Silkair flight where US investigators came to the overwhelming conclusion that the pilot flew directly into the river in Sumatra, the findings were never accepted by the airline. Sure, the evidence on the face of it seems conclusive. But, whilst I usually abhor the conspiracy theorists who dominate this site, I also have the uneasy feeling that something is not quite right.

Johnny foreigner won't admit their failings.

The Egyptians refused to accept one of their own pilots crashed their aircraft, despite him being about to be sacked for sexual misconduct, putting the engines in idle, pointing the nose down and praying to Allah.

• Like 2

I'm beginning to suspect that all is not well inside the German airline industry. First, you have a group of Germanwings pilots refuse to fly their planes after this crash. Adolf Galland, they're not. And, now, the keys to a plane with 149 people on it being given over to a 28 year old just two years out of the company flight school. Soft, soft, soft. Not exactly the same sort of stuff that went into Ernst Udet, who had the decency to do himself in while alone. These Germans seem emotionally fragile, sloppy, and downright weak.

You will be surprise to see how many young junior pilots that fly budget airlines all over the world. I have two friends who fly for budget airlines, they are both around 30, but started their careers in their late 20s.

Without mentioning any names it would be interesting to know how many total hours before being released as FOs?

I agree with you, when should they start there careers when they 50?

you have to start some time

just like saying I want a junior in my business but has to have 5 years of experience

Police searching the homes of the co-pilot who deliberately crashed the Germanwings Airbus A320 in the Alps on Tuesday, killing all 150 people on board, say they have made a "significant" discovery that may provide a clue as to what happened to the plane, according to reports.

German officers searching Lubitz's flat in Montabaur, on the outskirts of Dusseldorf, have taken several items away for testing – but confirmed that the find did not include a suicide note.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/europe/germanwings-crash-police-make-significant-discovery-at-home-of-copilot-andreas-lubitz-10137753.html

"Deliberately" requires a "free will", and by (German) forensic definition, psychopaths are unable to have a free will. So, either or.

A far-fetched technicality.

Let's say he did it on his own.

... think about the horror the passengers must have experienced during an 8 minute free fall towards their death.

Reports say there was no free fall, but a gradual, slow descent. From what I have read here in this thread, the passengers were unaware of what was happening until the very last moment.

Some other pilots of that airline did, as far as I have read, not refuse to fly for emotional reasons, but because of the type of airplane they were going to fly. Another specimen of that same type of airplane which was involved in this accident had as far as I remember had an incident with frozen pitot tubes or something in that ballpark a few days before, forcing it into a long descent as well, which the pilots could only stop by switching the computer off. When I read about some pilots refusing to fly, I thought the pilots who were refusing to fly were probably wondering whether there is a problem with that type of aircraft.

The last i heard everyone wants air flights as cheap as possible and now with the fuel costs low, that's what we are getting. Good news, eh? Except the pilots are paid poorly so the job only attracts the mid to low range folks.

If we want the very best pilots the price for each seat will rise, significantly. Happy now?

How hard is it to monitor independently the parameters of each and every registered commercial flight?

How hard is it to disable the pilots ability to go into a catastrophic mode and override 'damaging commands'?

How hard is it to use satellite facilities for monitoring 'suspect' objects like a plane going into a potentially catastrophic mode?

On an International level of-course.

Note: I am flying in a couple of days (true). I do not want my crew represented by drunk Ukrainians, depressed Germans, suicidal Japanese, over-religious Muslims or disappearing Malaysians (joking). tongue.png

Obviously, then, you will fly on TG. Thais are after all well known for scrupulous honesty, safety consciousness, attention to detail and high education standards.

Corruption in procurement and promotion is completely unheard of here. Standards are rigourously enforced at all times.

Enjoy your flight!

Edited by eddie61

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/germanwings-crash-probe-turns-on-depressed-co-pilot/ar-AAa4x9r?ocid=mailsignoutmd

The Germanwings co-pilot who flew his Airbus into a French mountainside, killing all 150 aboard, suffered serious depression, a German newspaper reported, raising new questions over how he was cleared to fly.

The black box voice recorder shows that Andreas Lubitz locked his captain out of the cockpit on Tuesday and deliberately sent Flight 4U 9525 into the Alps, French officials say, in what appears to have been an act of suicide and mass murder.
Initial portraits of the co-pilot painted a well-liked man, a fitness fanatic who lived with his parents in a leafy, upscale street in the west German town of Montabaur. But a troubled man hid behind that guy-next-door image, said by German officials to be 27.
Edited by Scott
Edited for fair use

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/germanwings-crash-probe-turns-on-depressed-co-pilot/ar-AAa4x9r?ocid=mailsignoutmd

The Germanwings co-pilot who flew his Airbus into a French mountainside, killing all 150 aboard, suffered serious depression, a German newspaper reported, raising new questions over how he was cleared to fly.

The black box voice recorder shows that Andreas Lubitz locked his captain out of the cockpit on Tuesday and deliberately sent Flight 4U 9525 into the Alps, French officials say, in what appears to have been an act of suicide and mass murder.
Initial portraits of the co-pilot painted a well-liked man, a fitness fanatic who lived with his parents in a leafy, upscale street in the west German town of Montabaur. But a troubled man hid behind that guy-next-door image, said by German officials to be 27.

And you believe Bild? The worst newspaper in the world for making up stories and lying

And you believe Bild? The worst newspaper in the world for making up stories and lying

Is that after the S*n?