Attacked by ladyboys..what would you do?

petedk

Well according to some Pattaya police chief you should let yourself get beaten up, go to hospital and send the bill to the ladyboys.

Whatever you do, don't defend yourself. You will be fined for "defending yourself in public"

This has to go down as one of the "Amazing Thailand" situations.

I read the article in the other newspaper.

A couple were walking along the street in Pattaya when a ladyboy tried to smear that white powder on the lady's dress.

According to the newspaper, the lady politely asked her not to do that.

The ladyboy replied that she was a Thai national and could do what she wanted.

Anyway, further along the street, the couple were attacked by six ladyboys. Of course they tried to defend themselves and the police were called.

As mentioned above, the couple were fined 500 baht.

I don't know if the facts have been twisted but this is one of the craziest stories I have heard in Thailand.

• Like 1

Well according to some Pattaya police chief you should let yourself get beaten up, go to hospital and send the bill to the ladyboys.

Whatever you do, don't defend yourself. You will be fined for "defending yourself in public"

A couple were walking along the street in Pattaya when a ladyboy tried to smear that white powder on the lady's dress.

Anyway, further along the street, the couple were attacked by six ladyboys. Of course they tried to defend themselves and the police were called.

I don't know if the facts have been twisted but this is one of the craziest stories I have heard in Thailand.

This has got to be a troll post.

It was sonkran and that behavior was going on everywhere. Ridiculous post.

• Like 2

Perhaps a few more sentences explaining on how extra polite the tourist lady was would help garner sympathy?

Yes you are right.

I wrote the article on my mobile and was interupted at that time.

The couple did politely ask the ladyboy not to put powder on her dress.

Walking on Beach road at the height of Songkran in Pattaya. That's not just a little bit dumb; it's major league nuts. The couple has lived in Pattaya for three years I think the story said so they knew what they were getting into.

I wear goggles, 5 year old shorts, a torn shirt leave my wallet home and my cell phone is waterpoof.

post-232807-0-68626100-1429427947_thumb.

Edited by lostoday

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

in that case, just lay down and act like you're dead..

Lie down on your back or on your stomach? cheesy.gif.pagespeed.ce.HaOxm9--ZvISAZ3- alt=cheesy.gif width=32 height=20>

Put your equipment between your legs and then cross your legs in a death hold on yourself.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

This has got to be a troll post.

It was sonkran and that behavior was going on everywhere. Ridiculous post.

And the couple have ben in Thailand for 3 years, well long enough to know that there are no exceptions, that's the way it is and it ain't gunna change.

Stay at home as i do, all hell going on in my complex atm and not worth trading today for fear of getting unwanted showers and little or no customers.

You think maybe if accosted and beaten by a lady boy/s they will give you an address to ensure that they pay the hospital bin nah.

Edited by Brit_Doggie

Agreed - all bets are off during Songkran : the locals are just infected with a virus that removes their ability to rationalise 'normal' behaviour completely. Had the white gunk applied to my face twice today while I tried to get to Big C Extra - the second time was more 'palm strike' than application but he was drunk and so were his young buddies : only an idiot would retaliate. Even outside Songkran, I'll let the katoeys go for the squirrel grip if it means I protect my wallet, but if one of them came at me with the gunk I would just wear it and keep walking : I can only conclude that the couple in question were over the whole thing (I was over it by Wednesday at the latest) when it happened. I could happily strangle the idiots who kept me awake all of last night, but what's happening downstairs would taken an Army to disperse - saw a cop on a motorbike who had clearly been given the treatment and presumably taken in it in his stride. If I went to Rio's Carnival - 2 million people per day - I doubt that I'd have any choice but to be swept along by the crowd. The FAQ is 100% correct - you either decide to GTFO early and act decisively well before the 18th or you grit your teeth and pray for the 20th : that's where I'm at right now.

The best way to deal with LBs is to tell them "You are beautiful, but I like women". Diplomacy averts conflict.

As to the incident in question - they are a couple of whining babies who can not accept SK for what it is.

It would be my luck for a noisy Harley to go past just as I utter the words "... but I like women."

• Like 2

Had a robbery attempt years ago by a ladyboy in walking street. Dark alley, I thought it was one to cut through to second road, but it turned out to be a dead end street. She ripped off the back pocket of my jeans, wallet fell to the floor. I picked up the wallet, gave her the elbow and made a runner. Nothing I want to encounter again, but got off without any loss except for that jeans pocket.

• Like 1

1) police do allow for self defence

2) however, any case of someone slapping or hitting someone does indeed incur a 500 baht fine

3) I personally do not believe this story as it is told

Self defense is taking care that you are not being slapped by protecting yourself.

In our humble opinion, taking the other out is seen as self defense, but obviously in Thailand it's just an attack.

So the police probably told the foreign couple that they were right apart from slapping the LB........that'll cost you THB 500

Have never had any issues with LBs.. They ask and I smile and say no thankyou.

If however I had 6 trying to fight me....I must have said something to piss them off.

Sent from my c64

• Like 1